Chapter 12

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

He grabbed the key from his pocket and unlocked the door.

“I’m home!” He hollered.

“Myungsoo dear! Oh Seolyeon darling, you’re here too!” His mom walked out of the kitchen. Upon hearing my name, Moonsoo rushed out of his room and tackled me into a bear hug. “Noona!!!”

“Okay Kim Moonsoo, I think you should know your limits. She’s my girl.” L grabbed back collar of his shirt and dragged him away from me. I blushed, knowing that everyone heard him.

“I know that! Then that means she’ll be my in-law soon, and in-laws should be getting along! I have no intentions on stealing her, you jealous freak!”Moonsoo retorted.

“YAH, I’m your hyung!”

“Hey you two, stop fighting. Myungsoo, I can see you brought some friends over. Why don’t you invite them in?” His dad walked down the stairs.

 

“Oh guys, why are you still there? Come in!” He gestured the rest of our friends who were hesitantly standing by the door. One by one, they settled in the living room.

“Omo!!! Are these your friends?!” His mom cupped . Our friends bowed and greeted them.

“We decided to hangout after school and I decided to bring them over.” L said.

“All of you have grown up well and became handsome men! I miss all of you so much!” She told the boys.

“We miss you too, eomeonim. We’re sorry if we had to separate L for a long time.”Sunggyu said.

“Ey, we have talked about this before! It’s fine. He’s back now. I heard you guys are studying in Seolyeon’s school, but where are you staying?”

“We found an affordable apartment for the six of us near the school.”Woohyun said.

 

“That’s good to hear! Well, you guys know all of you are welcome here, ok? You can come over anytime. Oh, who are these two couples?”Abeonim asked.

“They’re my friends. Well, all of us our friends now.” I explained.

“Oh hello, my sweethearts, I am Myungsoo’s mom. This is my husband and this is Moonsoo, Myungsoo’s brother.”Eomeonim pointed at the two boys.

“Annyeonghaseyo, it’s nice to meet you.” They bowed. “I am Lee Hyunsoo.”

“I am HeoRaim.”

“I am Gil Yohan.”

“And I am Yoon Gayoung.”

 

“I’m happy that you guys are making a lot of friends. I’ll leave you here to chat, okay? You should feel at home. I’ll just make some food for all of us.”

“I’ll help you, eomeonim.” I stood up from my seat.

“Aw, thank you, darling. I really love your girlfriend, Myungsoo. Don’t you dare let go of her!”

We looked at each other and blushed. “Ne!” He answered.

 

Eomeonim and I started to prepare the ingredients and cook our meal for the night. Soon, to eomeonim’s delight, Gayoung and Raim came to help us. I heard abeonim saying that he needs to go back to his room and continue his work while Moonsoo continued to ‘play’ with his seven hyungs.

“I’m glad I can have some girls over. I’m grateful of my husband and two sons, but sometimes it’s kind of lonely to have all boys around.”
“Eomeonim, don’t worry, we promise to visit you regularly.”Gayoung gave her a warm smile.

“And we’ll help you with everything! House chores, shopping, or just bored at home, you can count on us.”Raim proudly stated.

“Thank you, my sweethearts. Seolyeon-ah, you and Myungsoo should give us a girl, okay? Vampire or not, I’ll be happy if it’s a girl. I don’t mind having another boy in the family, though.”Eomeonim nudged me.

I choked on my spit. “Eomeonim! I think it’s too early for that.” I feel like I’m as red as a tomato. The three of them chuckled at me.

 

After an hour and a half of cooking, dinner is finally served.

“Girls, call the boys in while I set up the table.”Eomeoniminstructed. We did as we were told.

When we reached the living room, I noticed someone is missing.

“Hyung is in his room; he was just getting something. If you want to follow him, his room is the first door on the right beside the stairs. You can call appa too.”Moonsoo said.

I nodded and thanked him. I walked up the stairs and knocked on the first door on the right.

“Oh…I was just about to go out.” He said as he opened the door for me.

I smiled at him. “So, this is your room.” I scanned my eyes around.

“Sorry, it’s kind of messy.”

I chucked lightly. “It’s alright. I’d be really surprise if it’s clean. Boys are usually messy.”Imeronged at him. He pinched my cheeks.

I looked through his closet. “You like plaid tops? Oh, and I see these are all black.”

He nodded. “Well yeah, I like black.”

I noticed his camera on his desk. “Can I?”

 

He nodded. We sat on the edge of his bed beside each other, with his arm around my waist, as I scan through his pictures. “They’re beautiful, L. You’re really a good photographer.”

“Why don’t you call me ‘Myungsoo’?” He rested his chin on my shoulder.

“I’m just used to ‘L’. Where did you get that nickname, by the way?”

He shrugged. “People say I’m like L in Death Note so they started calling me that.”

I chuckled. “That’s quite funny…but I like it.” I continued to scan through his pictures until I stopped at a certain photo that caught my attention.

“Myungsoo…” I muttered.

He was surprised that I used his real name, but he was confused with my facial expression. He looked at his camera.

“Ey~ don’t tell me you’re jealous. I took that years ago and I just thought the view was beautiful, but you’re much more beautiful.”

I didn’t respond.

“Are you that mad?” He panicked.

I shook my head. I was actually staring at the photo; it was a photo of a girl on the beach. Sun shining on her and wind blowing her dress and hair that makes her look like an angel, especially with the bright smile on her face. The photo was taken beautifully.

 

“Myungsoo…this girl…it’s…me.” I was really speechless. I couldn’t believe it. We actually already met.

He was surprised as well, and then he gave me a warm smile. “We’re really destined for each other, aren’t we?”

Are we? Was it fate and destiny? Or was it just pure coincidence? Whatever it is, I know to myself that I’m sure about one thing.

I just hummed and continued to scan the pictures. “Do you know that I love you?”

I can sense that he didn’t expect it. “W-what?”

I turned off the camera and put it back on the desk. I stared right through his eyes. “I said I love you.”

He was grinning widely. “I love you, too.”Hecaressed my cheeks and leaned in slowly until there was no space between us.

 

At first, it was gentle and sweet until he deepened it and his lips trailed down to my neck. I was sane enough to stop him. I pushed him lightly; his eyes were red. He shook his head and his eyes turned back to dark brown.

“I-I’m sorry.”

“I’m fine, but you’re not. You’re hungry.” I stated.

He looked down, probably ashamed of himself. “I k-know. But I can’t let you faint here.”

I gave him a stern look.

“I p-promise I’ll drink some blood from you! But at least have some dinner, first.”

“At last~ I thought you two would never remember dinner!” We heard Yohan’s voice.