Chapter 4

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

Before the two wild animals could jump and eat me alive, L pushed me aside and fought with the two animals, bare hands! How is he going to survive? Oh well, that’s not my business. He’s a vampire anyway. He grabbed the wolf and was trying to crush its bones when the tiger jumped on him. He successfully crushed the wolf though. He then turned to the tiger and broke its mouth open. I gaped. He killed the two animals alone. Amazing…and scary. It’s my turn to get killed now. He weakly turned to my direction. I flinched at his gaze. He made his way nearer to me; I couldn’t move and run away. What’s the use? He’s way faster than me. He stopped in front of me and put me on his back. He still ran very fast even though I can say that he’s weak right now. We were back in the garden-like place. He put me down before he collapsed on the ground.

 

I panicked. “H-hey…” I shook him. He was panting. “T-thanks…for saving me…”

He just weakly stared back at me, mouth ajar. He must be very thirsty. Why didn’t he drink from the wolf and the tiger? It must be because of my presence.

Should I let him? I bit my lip. I won’t die, right? After debating with myself, I decided to tie my hair into a bun. I caught his attention and tap the side of my neck.

He tensed up and gripped on the grass. He was shaking his head violently. He must dislike the idea of hurting a human even though he knows that he needs it.

“I insist. I’ll be fine, don’t worry. I trust you. After all, you saved me.”

He hesitantly went closer to my neck. Okay, I’m nervous. Am I going to regret this? I can’t turn back now. I closed my eyes due to the pain when I felt his fangs sank into my neck. After drinking away all his thirst, he pulled away and my neck clean. I felt weak and dizzy. I heard him mutter a thank you and noticed his eye color changed into brown before fainting.

 

I stirred in my sleep. I can feel a pair of arms around my waist and my head comfortably resting on someone’s chest. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. L was staring at me.

“Are you alright?” He worriedly asked.

“W-what happened?” I know I should be uncomfortable in our position right now, but I stayed still in his embrace.

“You fainted. I must’ve drunk a lot of blood from you. I’m sorry.”

I shook my head. “I was the one who told you to drink from me…do you…hate your friends…for turning you into a…vampire?”

 

He chuckled lightly. “I’ve been with them since we were kids. I’ve grown to understand their nature. And I also understand why they turned me; they didn’t want to lose me. I didn’t mind it; I just never thought it would be this hard. It’s easier for them to live because they’re half-vampires while I’m a full vampire.”

“You have me now.” I was as surprised as him. I don’t know why I said that either. I looked away; I can feel my burning cheeks.

“I can’t feed from you all the time. I don’t want you to faint because of my needs.”

“I don’t know how it will happen and I still can’t believe this is all happening right now, but Sungjong said I’ll eventually turn into a vampire.”

“Do you hate…that fact?”

“No, not really, I was just surprised. But now, I’m getting to understand and used to the situation.”

He gave me a sincere smile. He rested my head back on his chest. I couldn’t help but snuggle closer to him.

 

“Where are your friends, by the way?”

He shrugged. “I guess they lost tracked me.”

“Are we going to stay here…forever?”

“I don’t know either.” He sadly said.

“I’m worried about my parents.”

“Shouldn’t they be the one worried about you?”

“I’m worried because I’m sure they’re worried about me.”

“Parents…” He sighed. “I miss my parents.”

“Where are they? Do they know about…?”

 

He nodded. “They know about my friends’ identity. They also know what happened to me. Sunggyu-hyung told them that they need to isolate me for a while since it’s not safe for me to be around humans.”

“I’ll accompany you if you want to go and meet them. I think it’s now safe for you to be around humans. Sungjong said you only accept my blood, anyway. You just have to act as human; control your strength and speed.”

“Should we go back now?”

“If you’re sure about it…” I said.

 

The two of us got up. He put me on his back before running back to the cave. After a little while, we arrived. The six guys rushed out.

Sunggyu walked to me and checked my neck. “I knew it.”

“I was the one who told him to.” I explained.

“I know. I just wanted to confirm it.” He said.

“Did you guys even bother to look for me?” I asked.

“Yah, all of our energy was drained looking for you! That guy of yours is so damn fast.” Sungyeol said.

I kind of blushed at his statement. He’s not mine, though. Is he?

 

Arrival of four humans caught our attention.

“Seolyeon!!!” Gayoung and Raim hugged me. The two guys stood protectively in front of us.

“What are you?! What do you want from Seolyeon?” Yohan said.

“Girls, go back to the cabin. We’ll take care of this.” Hyunsoo said.

“No!” L panicked. He was about to rush to me, but Hoya was giving him pain to keep him still in his place. “D-don’t l-leave!” He was struggling to fight Hoya’s powers.

“Guys, I can handle this. I’ll explain everything later. Don’t worry, they’re safe.” I told my friends before walking in front of L. Hoya stopped the pain. As soon as he felt the pain stopped, he hugged me.

 

“H-hey…calm down.” I hugged him back and pat his back. “I need to go back. You should learn how to control yourself first before going out to the city and meet your parents again. Don’t worry, I won’t run away. I’ll wait for you, I promise.” I slowly pulled away.

“I’ll see you again, soon, okay?”

He hesitantly nodded. I gave him a smile before walking back to my friends.

“I’ll see you guys, soon too! I’ll wait for everyone.” I bid to the rest of the guys before walking back to the camp site with my friends.

 

(A/N: How is it so far? PLease don't forget to comment and subscribe ^^)