Chapter 3

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

“That last person is hyung’s future mate. You don’t have to worry about sacrificing a human, because he won’t gain strength without the blood which his body is looking for. Others’ blood will only quench his thirst, but will strengthen him if the blood is from his mate. In the end, hyung will be the one to change her into like us.”

“How are we supposed to know who his mate is? Oh wait, you can see the future! You can know how she looks like!” Dongwoo said.

“Don’t tell me…” Sunggyu trailed as he read Sungjong’s mind. He nodded.

“Who is she? Do we know her?” Sungyeol asked Sunggyu and Sungjong.

“Hyung is getting more out-of-control because she’s near.” Sungjong gave a clue.

All heads turned to my direction. Wait. What?!

“M-me?! H-how…?” I was really dumbfounded. Like, WTF, I’m that L-guy’s future mate?!  I will turn into a vampire?! What is that?!

 

“When hyung was in a coma, he needed a blood transfusion.” Sungjong started.

I think I know where this is going. Okay, now, I take my words back. It’s not fun to help people in need.

“The blood transferred into his system before Sunggyu-hyung turned him was yours. It was running in his system, that’s why he’s thirsty for your blood. He can definitely sense your scent right now.”

I buried my face in my palms. What in the world is going on? This is too much information I’m getting too fast. I can’t sink all of them in my mind.

“You’re friends are looking for you.” Sungyeol said. He probably heard them shouting for my name.

“Oh yeah, right! I forgot I was supposed to be in a camp right now.” I sighed. “What is your plan?” I asked Sunggyu.

 

“Everything depends on you. You already know what the future will be, unless you change decision.”

“I need to go back, for now, and think of this.Please take me back.”

L was going crazier. He was struggling to get himself out of the chains. I gave him a last look before readying on Sungyeol’s back.

He darted out of the cave and ran in his inhumane speed. I heard him muttered “Oh no.”

 

Narrator’s POV

As soon as Sungyeol and Seolyeon left, L was getting wilder. Before they could even calm him down, they heard the chains break. None of them could stop him; he was so fast.

“Sungyeol, L has escaped!” Dongwoo shouted, knowing he’ll hear him.

End of POV

 

Sungyeol slowed his pace since students from our school were in sight.

I got off his back. “What’s wrong? Did you hear something?”

He didn’t answer my question. “Go. Hurry and go!”

“Seolyeon!” I heard my name being called. It was Gayoung.

“Where were you?! Everyone was worried sick about you!”Raim nagged.

“Leave quickly, Seolyeon.” Sungyeol told me. The two guys eyed him.

“Oh, he helped me get back here. I was lost.” I explained.

“L has escaped.” He blurted. My eyes widened. Before I could even utter a word, a hand grabbed me and put me on his back. He ran very fast, faster than the others. I heard my friends and Sungyeol called my name. I saw Sungyeol following us, and then the rest of the guys appeared. They were all trying to stop L, but he was way faster than any of them. Due to nonstop running, jumping, and turning, I felt dizzy; I soon fainted on his back.

 

I opened my eyes to be greeted by a spectacular view. It’s so beautiful, wherever this place is. It’s a garden-like place in the middle of the forest; there are a lot of different kinds of plants and flowers. This is probably way in the middle of the woods. I propped on my elbow, trying to get up from the grass. I looked around, that’s when I noticed someone else’s presence. I almost forgot that I was ‘kidnapped’. He was asleep, leaning his back on a tree. Now that I can see his face under the daylight, he’s quite gorgeous, no, not quite. He’s really a very good-looking male! An idea suddenly popped in my mind. I quietly sneaked away from him, taking my chance to escape. I made sure that I was away for a good distance; I checked if the coast is clear before running away with all my might. I am trying to send a message to Sunggyu through my head so they could help me before L realizes I’m gone.

 

As I was running, I tripped into something. I fell, face first on the ground. I was trying to get up when I heard a growl from the ‘thing’ I tripped into. My eyes widened; I was stuck in my place. Am I going to die now? I never thought I would be in such a situation. This is so…unrealistic. I just see this kind of scene in movies. The wolf gave a loud growl which brought me back to my senses. I quickly stood up and ran very fast. But of course, it’s a wolf. It’s way faster than I am. When it almost caught me, a tiger suddenly jumped into it. Is this a good sign? No. There are now two of them who are after me. And now, they’re fighting. In dramas, I’ve seen two guys fighting over a girl. And here I am, a tiger and a wolf fighting over me.

 

I ran for my life. Where the hell are those half-vampires? Wait, what if we’re no longer in South Korea? What if he ran all the way somewhere very, very far? Is that why the other couldn’t come and help me? Nah, Seolyeon, don’t be too stupid. He can run in an inhumane speed, but he can’t fly over the oceans to go to another country. But where are the others? I stopped dead in my tracks when someone jumped in front of me. I was shocked with the sudden appearance; it was L. He looks very mad at me. I took a few steps back and quickly turned around to be greeted by the wolf. I tried to run the other way, but the tiger was there waiting for me. Shin Seolyeon, what’s wrong with you? A vampire, a wolf, and a tiger are after you. Do you think you can escape? Be thankful that you’re still alive! But what should I do now? I would be dead either way. Or that’s what I thought.