Chapter 10

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

School’s finally done and we still didn’t utter a single word to each other. Of course, I walked home alone. After having dinner, I did my assignments and washed up. When I was about to get on my bed, I heard a thud from my room’s balcony. I should be nervous because it could be a robber, , or killer but I wasn’t. As if I know that someone out there is safe and I was right. I opened the balcony door to see L out there. He probably jumped here. Unknowingly, I hugged him and sobbed on his chest.

 

“I’m sorry.”

He hugged me back and caressed my hair. “It’s alright. I know you didn’t mean to.” He pulled away and cupped my face, wiping off my tears using his thumb.“Stop crying. Ah, I didn’t know that you don’t like your parents’ attention to be on someone else but you.” He joked.

“It’s not that. I didn’t know how we ended up in such a childish argument either. All I know is that I blurted something really bad which caused our silent treatment.”

“It’s the truth though.”

“No, it’s not. It was just my stupidity.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“Do you like me?” I straightforwardly asked. I can see that he was surprised with my question. “If vampires didn’t exist, and you’re just an ordinary human, would our paths cross? Would we be each other’s future mate not because of the bond? If we’re meant to be, no matter what way, we’ll still end up together and I thought that this is probably the way fate wants for us. I know we just met, but I will no longer deny that—“

 

I was cut off when a pair of lips landed on mine. I smiled and kissed him back. His arms made their way around my waist and pulled me closer. I couldn’t describe how I felt that moment. It’s like I no longer care about the consequences, as long as I know that he’ll be there with me. I feel safe and happy.

 

We broke the kiss and rested our foreheads on each other. We were smiling like fools. Damn, I never imagined myself being so in love with someone. Wait, what? Love?Oh well…

“Can you stay?” I asked. Wow, now I’m being clingy. I don’t know; I just felt like cuddling with him all night.

“Do you think I can decline you?”

I gave him a wide grin; we walked back in my room and I closed the balcony door.I jumped on my bed and patted the space beside me. I threw my arms around his waist as soon as he lay beside me.

 

“You haven’t drunk from me.” I stated as I rest my head on his chest.

I heard him gulp. “I’m not really hungry.I’ll tell you when I really need to drink; don’t worry too much. Sleep.” He patted my head and started caressing my hair.

I nodded and went to dreamland.

 

The next morning, I woke up with no L around; I pouted. He could’ve at least waited for me to wake up. Oh gosh, Seolyeon, what’s wrong with you? You’re never the clingy type! What did that vampire do to you? As I was about to do my routine, I saw a note on my bedside table.

 

Good Morning~ I’m sorry if you were expecting to see my handsome face as soon as you open your eyes. I needed to go back home to get ready for school and not to make my parents worry if they see my room empty. Don’t worry, I’ll see you in a few ;) <3 I’ll be waiting outside your house. -Your handsome vampire

 

I rolled my eyes. Wow, conceited much? I can’t believe this guy. I shook my head with a smile on my face as I got off my bed and start my routine. After having our family breakfast, I bid to my parents and walked out of the house. As expected, L was there waiting for me. He gave me a smile.

 

He intertwined our fingers as soon as I reached him, then I felt a pair of lips on mine.

“Good morning.” He greeted.

I was dumbfounded; he just gave me a peck. Okay, I’m still not used to this. I composed myself.

“Yah, next time, don’t leave notes again.” I frowned at him.

He chuckled.“Oh, I should’ve known that you prefer seeing my handsome face than a note.”

“I can’t believe you’re that arrogant.”

“But you still love me.” He cheekily smiled.

I was surprised with that. “Whatever.” was all I could say.

 

When we arrived, our friends were waiting for us. Oh no, do they already know? Did Sunggyu or Sungjong already tell them?

“No, Sungjong and I didn’t, nor Sungyeol.”Sunggyu answered.

I just nodded. Curiosity was written on our friends’ faces. I’m not ready for the school to know. Especially, I’m not ready for the fan girls.

“Let’s go.” L said and dragged me inside.

 

“They are weird.”Yohan spoke up.

“Yesterday, they’re acting as if each other doesn’t exist but now, they’re back in acting as a couple. And it’s worse, as if they’re really together.”Raim said.

“Just let them be. We should go in now.”Sunggyu told everyone.

 

Classes passed by smoothly. L and I would constantly pass notes to each other to kill our boredom and to talk without being noisy. Sometimes, we would hold hands under our desk. It’s pretty weird and so not like me, but I’m happy. It’s finally lunchtime and we decided to eat under the tree by our school field. As usual, L was just lying with his head on my lap while the rest of us eat.

 

“Graduation is fast-approaching. What are your plans?”Yohan asked.

“We can actually skip college; we’ve already graduated several times. It’s tiring to go to high school all over and over again.”Woohyun said.

“I’m planning to build my own café.”Sungyeol stated.

“That’s cool! I’ll work in your café then!”Sungjong beamed.

“Before my dad died, he’s the CEO of a really famous entertainment company. He told me to take over, but since we needed to be locked in the woods for L’s sake, a good friend of his is in charge of it for now. I guess it’s time for me to continue my dad’s business. Is there willing to work with me?”Sunggyuasked.

 

“I can be a dance instructor and choreographer.” Hoya raised his hand.

“I can help in writing lyrics, especially rap parts.”Dongwoo joined.

“I can be a vocal trainer.”Woohyun added.

“Then hyung, am I able to pass as a trainee?”Hyunsoo surprisingly asked.

“You want to be an idol?”Raim asked.

Sunggyu smiled at him, “I’ve seen your talents before, and yes you can start training as soon as we graduate.”Hyunsoo cheered.

 

“Woah, Hyunsoo, you can do it! We’ve been together since we were young, and I’ve seen you perform. I know you’ll be famous some day.All of us will cheer on you while I’ll just finish college and find a decent job.”Yohan patted his back.

“Same as Yohan, I’m just planning to finish college and find a job. What about you, L and Seolyeon? What are your plans?”Gayoung asked us.

L and I stared at each other, then to our friends.

 

“Unlike them, it’s just my second time to graduate high school again. Before the accident, I really wanted to become a photographer.” He stated.

I gave him a warm smile. That’s a beautiful dream. “You can still become one.Who knows, you might be the photographer for Hyunsoo’s debut album.” I told him.

“That would be really amazing!”Hyunsoo said. Okay, Hyunsoo suddenly became so hyper. He must be so happy about the fact that he’ll be a trainee soon. “What about you, Seol?” He asked.

“She’ll be the mother of our future kids.” L answered.

My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. “Yah! What nonsense are you talking about?” I flicked his forehead. He grabbed a hold of my hands and started playing with my fingers

 

I rolled my eyes at him. I noticed Raim was being awfully quiet. “What about you, Raim? It’s strange that you’re not uttering even a single word.” I asked her which made everyone’s attention turn to her.

“O-oh…I-I…same as Gayoung and Yohan.” She stuttered. I know my friends very well. I know exactly what’s bothering her.

I glanced at my wristwatch; there’s fifteen more minutes left before break is over.

I caught Sunggyu’s attention to make him read my mind; I know he can read Raim’s mind as well. He nodded.

 

“Oh Hyunsoo-yah, can buy me a bottle of water?” He handed Hyunsoo some money.

“Aishhyung, just because you’re the CEO that doesn’t mean you can make me your slave.” He stood up and did what he was told anyway.

Once Hyunsoo was gone, Sunggyu gestured everyone to follow him. Raim and I were left.

“I know you, Raim. You’re bothered because of Hyunsoo being an idol. I know you like him. You two need to talk, if you don’t want to regret.” I told her before following everyone.