Chapter 2

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

(A/N: Don't forget to like and share! https://www.facebook.com/LinkUp.Production/photos/a.392469700960729.1073741849.298669010340799/392470534293979/?type=1 )

 

Narrator’s POV

“Hyung, don’t worry. We’ll help you.” Sungjong said.

“We need to go before the other hyungs come back.” Sungyeol told him.

The two made sure that their friend was locked in his place before going out. They jumped from tree to tree. Sungyeol heard that there will be a lot of humans who will camp in their forest. Just perfect for what they need. They stopped on their tracks when they spotted a human. She was alone. Luck is with them. But before they could take another step, Sungjong’s eyes went wide.

Sungyeol immediately knew what was going on. “What did you see?” He asked him.

“She…she…” He stuttered.

“Who’s ‘she’?”

Sungjong eyed the alone human girl. Sungyeol followed his gaze. “What about her? Did you see something involving her?”

Sungjong nodded. “She’s the solution to our problem.”

His answer was vague which made Sungyeol confused. “I don’t get you.”

“I’ll explain it to everyone later. For now, we have to get her come with us.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Even if the hyungs will understand the situation, L will definitely go wild with a human around.”

“Trust me, hyung. I know what I’m doing. Let’s get her.”

 

“High school students; there are a lot of them.” Woohyun said as they eyed the humans from afar.

“It’s not safe for L. We need to keep him away and under control.” Hoya worriedly looked at their leader.

“But hyung, we can’t keep him in that state forever. You know the fact that he needs human blood no matter what. After all, you’re the one who suggested turning him into like us.” Dongwoo stated.

“.” Sunggyu suddenly muttered which earned the attention of the other three beings with him. “Let’s go back, quickly. Sungyeol and Sungjong are up to something.”

End of POV

 

The whispering quieted down. I looked around. “Ugh~ why won’t they just end this game quickly?”

I heard another shuffling then felt a presence behind me. Before I could turn around, the person covered my mouth. My back was pressed against his chest; his grip was really strong. Normally, a girl alone in the middle of the forest in this situation would freak out, but I didn’t.

 

“Don’t move if you don’t want to get hurt.” His voice was unfamiliar. He’s definitely not from our school.

Someone appeared in front of me, a flower boy. I was really stunned. His good looks will make you envy him, whether you’re a male or female.

“Hi! Please don’t be scared. We’re no harm. We just need you to come with us quietly. We need your help.”

The guy behind me cautiously let go of me. Before I could interrogate them, tall guy put me on his back and they ran very fast. Really, really fast! When we arrived in a cave-like place which I assumed our destination, he put me down and eyed me as if saying not to run away or else he’ll hunt me down. As soon as I settled myself on the ground, four more guys appeared in a blink of an eye. The one in the middle looks really mad.

 

“I can explain, hyung!” Flower boy said.

One of the four guys panicked, as if he discovered something really bad. “Are you out of your mind?! How can you bring a human here?!” He growled.

Human? Why are they talking like that? It’s very weird. A loud scream from the cave caught our attention. Okay. That scared me. Are they some sort of killers who kidnap people and sell their organs? Oh . What did I get myself into? Flower boy is really good in luring people!

“Hoya, calm down. You better explain everything in details, Lee Sungjong.” Middle guy told flower boy.

“I thought you can read minds, hyung?” Tall guy asked.

“I blocked my thoughts so he wouldn’t know about our ‘escape’ earlier. I guess you forgot to do so, that’s how he figured us out.” Flower boy rolled his eyes at tall guy.

 

Middle guy eyed me for a while before telling everyone to get inside the cave. The scream was getting louder as we get closer inside. As we reached the living room-like part, the guys settled down on the ‘rock’ couches but I remained standing. I couldn’t move at all. In the corner of the room, a guy was chained to the wall. The screams were coming from him. His eyes are glowing red.

 

“W-why…?” I couldn’t ask the question. Why is he chained? Is he a victim of theirs? Am I going to end up like him? I am getting more scared.

“As you can see, he’s out of control. You wouldn’t like it if we let go of him. You’ll know why if you take a seat and listen to us.” One of them said. I hesitantly took a seat beside flower boy. He’s the one who looks the safest. “Shin Seolyeon-imnida.” I introduced myself.

“Since you started to introduce yourself, I’m going to introduce ourselves. We’re INFINITE. I am Kim Sunggyu.” Middle guy said.

Infinite? What is that? Some kind of mafia group or something?

“Jang Dongwoo.”

“Nam Woohyun.”

“Lee Howon or Hoya.”

“Lee Sungyeol.” Tall guy said.

“Lee Sungjong.” Flower boy said.

“And that’s Kim Myungsoo or L.” Sunggyu pointed at the chained guy. “I guess I have to go straight to the point. We’re not who you think we are. And no, not the mafia thingy, I mean, we’re not humans, technically.”

Okay, how did he know about that mafia stuff?

“I can read minds.” He answered.

“Just because you can read minds, that doesn’t make you different from a human.” I pointed out.

He chuckled. “We’re half-human half-vampire.”

I looked at him, bewildered. What the hell is he talking about? He’s joking, right? Does he think we’re in a fairy tale-like story? This isn’t Twilight.

 

“You can think I’m or we’re crazy, but believe me or not, I’m telling the truth. The six of us are half-vampires with our own special powers. In my case, I can read minds. Dongwoo has telekinesis; Woohyun can control earth, air, water, and fire; Hoya can give you pain; Sungyeol can hear sounds even from a far distance; Sungjong can see the future.”

“If you still don’t believe us, I can show you.” Hoya gave me a hard stare.

“Ah!!!” I screamed. “I-it hurts!!!” I was really in pain. I can’t believe this. Vampires do exist.

He stopped the pain. “Do you believe us now?” I weakly nodded.

“T-then, what is he?” I pointed at L.

“He’s a full vampire.” Woohyun said.

“What’s the difference?”

 

“You see, we were born this way. We age like humans, but we stop once we reach our full maturity. We feed on either blood or human food. We’re faster and stronger than an ordinary human. Vampires, on the other hand, are very much stronger and faster than half-vampires. They can only survive through blood. And they also don’t age.”

“How did he become a vampire?”

 

“The seven of us were friends ever since we were young. The six of us were aware of our identity, so we tried our best to keep it a secret from him; he was the only human. But after some years, he discovered our identity. Thankfully, he didn’t become scared of us and accepted us as what we are. After all of our parents passed away, the six of us were the only left immortals in this world. It was our vow not to touch human for blood thirst. We only go for wild animals, that’s why we stay here. But when L was involved in a car accident…we knew we were going to lose him, but I couldn’t let that happen; none of us can let that happen. So, before he could lose his life, I bit him and gave him my venom.”

 

“But vampires can’t survive in only animal blood. In the end, we still need to find a human for him. But we can’t sacrifice an innocent life. And also, L is the first and last human we would sacrifice.” Woohyun added.

“He is not. There will be a last human.” Sungjong butted in.

“You saw something earlier, Sungjong! Tell us.” Sungyeol said.

We all curiously looked at him.

“L-hyung won’t be the last human. For the six of us, it is L-hyung.”

“But you said there’ll be a last human?” Woohyun confusedly asked.

“That human won’t turn into a vampire under us.” Sungjong said.

“What do you mean?” Hoya asked.

 

(A/N: Don't forget to like and share! https://www.facebook.com/LinkUp.Production/photos/a.392469700960729.1073741849.298669010340799/392470534293979/?type=1 )