The Marriage Proposal

The Fudanshi Named Hoya

“So… What exactly is the plan Mr. It wouldn’t be so fun?” I asked the person I just described who just gave a shrug in response.

“I was thinking of winging it or some sort,” he said. We started walking over to what I remember was the path to the house where it’s all supposed to happen.

“We need to find a way to sneak in to the house and place this,” I held up the bag, “in the cabinet before Sunggyu hyung gets drunk and ehem happens.”

And here comes a judging look.

“I’m not that much of a verbal fudanshi, sue me.” I stuck my tongue out at him before continuing to walk forward, seeing the house a lot closer.

“Okay he’s probably sleeping so we can try to sneak through the window.” I whispered after we walked up the stairs, reaching his place. I looked at the window which was next to the door and tapped the surface.

“I think it’s already open – wait, what the hell!” I exclaimed seeing the window changing into half a table, the background that was formerly dark suddenly changed into a light green wall. I fell down, shocked at what happened and turned to ‘Dongwoo hyung’, who just smiled at me. 

I don’t know if that was a cheerful smile, or just plain creepy.

What the hell brain.

“I think you forgot something,” he told me.

“Why do we have to be in the scene?” I groaned, only to have a hand cover my mouth.

“I think you also forgot we’re in human form and Myungyeol can see strangers.” He whispered and removed his hand from the former place.

“This is why I said it’s better to just make the bag invisible.” I pouted. We looked for a hiding place and found a closet opposite us.

“In the scene they didn’t show any interest in that closet,” I said and climbed inside with hyung following me.

“That’s a closet cabinet actually,” hyung retorted.

“Aluminum – Aluminium.” I said, trying my best to say the words correctly in English.

“There are important differences and you should know from searching this before when you where – and I quote – “sups bored.” He whispered, making sure to stress on the phrase I said.

“I wanted to try English and I heard it was a popular phrase,” I explained.

Wait, I’m trying to explain what I did to myself.

A new level of talking to yourself has been achieved.

It wasn’t long until we heard footsteps becoming louder and louder and a loud ring that went on repeatedly.

“Hello?” We heard Sungyeol’s voice, still trying to stay as silent as possible.

“You better not get any ideas Sungyeol!” His voice was still loud despite coming from the phone. Classic Sunggyu.

“What ideas?”

“You know! From the San Francisco news!”

“Huh?”

I heard footsteps again, probably Myungsoo now.

“Myung, did I wake you up?”

“Kinda, but it’s okay hyung.” The younger answered, a small yawn following after.

“Was there some kind of news in San Francisco Myung?”

“Of course there is, there are sports news, lifestyle news –“

“It’s 3 AM and you’re already a smart .” Sungyeol grumbled, probably pissed from the voice that still hasn’t stopped shouting.

“But for real, is there something worth mentioning?” The former asked his lover again a bit more specifically.

“I swear Kim Myungsoo if you dare have any plans I will murder you before you even try!”

“Good morning to you too hyung~” Myungsoo said.

“You tall I swear if you dare do anything as weird as that you will ing die I tell you!”

“Yes hyung I’m doing fine thanks for asking~”

“I can hear you smirk you bastard!”

“What’s he talking about?” Sungyeol’s voice interrupted the lovely conversation the other two were having.

“They legalized same- marriage in San Francisco…”

“Really?” I can already imagine Sungyeol’s big eyes as he said that.

“Dammit the kids these days!”

“So, if you want…”

“Would you like to go to San Francisco with me?”

“Sure?”

Really Sungyeol.

The guy you’ve been in love in for who cares how long is asking you to marry him and you say ‘sure?’

Not even a sob is heard from the lamppost.

This dream is so out of script.

“HOW DARE YOU BASTARD!”

“Of course! I mean we can look at new places, find new stuff and meet new people!” I take back what I said.

“Oh.”

“Did I say you were a bastard? If you could just break up altogether then I wouldn’t mean that – very nice kid I hear-”

“We can even get married there!”

“Very nice kid to murder! A real good choice!”

“So are you asking me to marry you or what?” Sungyeol questioned his lover. I’m loving the chemistry here.

“Will you say yes?”

“Hyung will ing buy you ice cream Sungyeol! Just say no!”

“Of course.”

“Let’s have some hyung and saeng time! What d’ya say?”

“Well then, will you marry me my Yeollipop?”

“A thousand times yes!”

“And to think you’d at least have some decent nicknames…”

“Wait… Don’t tell me you’re making out?!”

“I can smell the all the way from Korea-”

“Bye hyung~”

“What?! No I did not waste my time for this to-”

“We’ll send you the invitation later hyung in-law~”

“Also when we get back, I’m expecting the free ice cream,” Sungyeol said.

“Get your own, I’m broke.”

Okay so after a few minutes it should be changing to the next scene again, and we’ll probably have a chance to leave the lab.

Hopefully we can stay silent the whole time here.

Kim Sungyeol – the name sounds perfect.”

“I know I can be a but I’m soo not accepting that so easily.” Sungyeol said as footsteps started to soften.

“I think they’re gone now,” I whispered and carefully opened the door, luckily seeing no couple in front of us.

“Do you think we can make a run for it?” He asked quietly, stepping out of the closet as well. We both stood there silently, looking at our surroundings more.

“Well if the door isn’t too close to the bedroom…”

“,” I mumbled when I heard footsteps again. I pulled the other with me quickly to the closet and closed it.

How I didn’t slam the doors in such situation? I have no idea.

“HOW DOES ONE SPILL OIL ON THE COMFORTER WHEN IT’S FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER?! ENLIGHTEN ME MYUNGSOO!” Amazing it wasn’t Sungyeol that messed up.

They probably wouldn’t have heard the door even if I slammed it with all the shouts covering it.

“YOU TURNED THE LIGHTS OFF HYUNG!”

“JUST GET A BLANKET WE CAN USE!” Sungyeol ordered loudly. Why am I making myself suffer in my own dream I wonder.

“We don’t need a blanket, it’ll dry a few minutes,” I heard Myungsoo say.

“Well if it was water it probably would Myung, but as I’ve mentioned: it’s ing oil.”

“But it wasn’t lube…”

“Get the blanket before I crush your bamboo pillow.”

It became silent and I could hear footsteps.

Footsteps that are getting louder.

“Which part is it again?” Myung called out, his voice sounding louder that earlier.

“The long door thingys.”

Oh my fried chicken.

 

 

Okayokay so I kno it's like a month since the last update (which I really really am sorry for) but hey pop the confetti I've finally updated!

It was really a bad idea for me to start this when school was only like two weeks away but I won't give up (I did that the last time and the story... Well let's just say it's been two years... Don't wanna end up like that again.) But sadly, It means the 'once a week' thing i tried in the other story won't be continuing (I'm scared to unleash the 'strict in grades' parents that have been hiding ever since fifth grade so studying and school is everywhereeee)

Again thanks for all support whatever if may be and do continue supporting, baii~

(P.S. This story is a very very - I say VERY - rough representation of Koisuru Boukun. If you ever do end up watching it for the first time, you will not see a sassy and really tall younger bro with his smartass fiancee. Rather a more romantic version and a bit of a unique proposal. But there is a loud older bro ayee)