04

Puppy love

"Unnie! Help!" My sister interrupted from the other room. "Mianhe appa, I have to go." I said. "Wait- Ok, annyeong. Call me whenever you are free." He said and hung up.

 
~~~
 
"She believed you?" Mr. Choi, my attorney asked. "Ne. She did." I replied. "Good. We need her to help us find her mother. She took all properties and riches, that's supposed to be shared." He said focusing on the documents. "I see... You guys haven't divorced yet." Mr. Choi said still reading files. "Attorney, who do you think will end up dying in jail?" My girlfriend asked. "I'm pretty confident we will win since we have a stronger evidence of Mrs. Kim stealing and owning property without contract signing and confirmation. Properties that weren't handed down for her responsibility and no family ancestors." Mr. Choi said. "That's all I have to hear Mr. Choi." My girlfriend said happily while back hugging me. "But you have to make her sign for annulment soon. I'm having detective Lee finding her. And now we got Hyerim and her sisters, we will surely find her. Soon, properties are all yours Mr. Kim." Mr. Choi said. I smirked. That's right Jin Hae, properties are all mine.
 
~~~
 
"Wae Jihan?" I asked. "I wanted to buy this puppy, but I want the other one too!" Jihan said showing the screen of her laptop. "But the problem is, I can't afford to buy both." She said pouting. "Jihan, just buy one first. If I saved money from my job, then we could buy the other one soon." I said assuringly. "Really unnie? You will?" She asked. "Aish stop acting like a kid. Unnie promises she will." I said and ruffled her hair. "Gomawo unnie!" She said and hugged me tight. "Arasso, arasso. Let's get to sleep. Tomorrow is my job interview. Arasso?" I said. "Ne! Goodnight unnie!" She said. "Good night." I replied.
 
~~~
 
"Darlings, if you only understand." I said. I was holding the picture of my seven daughters. "It isn't safe. You might've died when you didn't leave." I said. Tears were now running in my cheeks. "That selfish father of yours. Trying to kill us? What is he thinking? I believe in you my children, you are strong, brave and responsible. And I am thank you for having children like you. I hope you guys are safe. Jianhe, Minah, Hyerim, Yuna, Ah Ri, Jihan, Taehyon, and Taehyun, saranghe. Always remember umma did that for your own good." I hugged the picture tightly and slept.
 
~~~
 
TODAY IS THE DAY I'M FINALLY GETTING A JOB! WOOHOO! I rode my bike going to Mark's apartment. I brought my puppy since Mark said BamBam and Jackson could take care of them. I stood in front of Mark's flat and knocked. Mark opened the door and said, "Good morning. You ready?" He asked. I nodded happily and rapidly. He chuckled. "Kaja. Good luck! My mom is kind so I'm sure she'll hire you." He said.
 
~~~
 
"This café is nice. Simple yet so elegant." I mumbled. "Yup. My mother always dreamed of having a café so here it is!" Mark said happily. "Hello! You must be Mark's friend! Right? He told me a lot of things about you and your pet JoJo. Do you know that-" A girl in her mid-ages said. She was a bit, I don't know, happy I guess. But it's fine. I like happy people! "Mom. I think you said a lot already." Mark said embarrassed. I giggled. I never saw this side of Mark. "Since you look responsible. You're 21 right? And you had an experience in a rice cake restaurant... So why not? You're hired!" She said. "Really?" I asked surprised. "Of course. By the way I'm Ye Eu Tuan. But people call me Mary. So call me Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Tuan, or even mom. You don't know, you might be my daughter in law." She said teasingly. Me and mark turned deep red. "Mom!" Mark whined. "I'm just kidding." She said and laughed. You can start as a waitress. Mark is a cashier. Mark will teach you the wheres and hows. Arasso?" She asked. I nodded in respond. She turned her heels and went upstairs. But before she went upstairs, I heard her mumble "Ah puppy love. Just like me and Raymond. Or should I say hubby?" And laughed. "Aish umma. So, should we start?" Mark asked.
 
~~~
 
"CoCo! JoJo! Stay still! I can't take a selfie!" Jackson whined. "Why do you even need a selfie?" I asked half-annoyed. "For memories." Jackson said and snapped his selfie. "Come here CoCo~" I cooed. CoCo went to my lap. Why is it wet? "CoCo! Why did you pee in my pants?!" I said. "Bad puppy." I said. "Yah! Jackson! Stop taking pictures and help me!" I said. "I can't sto- AH! IS THIS JOJO'S POO?!" Jackson said. "AHAHAHA! POO ON YOUR SHOE!" I said. This is too funny to handle! "Y-yah! Hajima!"
 
This taking care of puppies is just the start...