The Search

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

"Lady Jung." The King nodded in acknowledgement as Lady Jung entered his office.

Lady Jung smiled and approached him. She naturally massaged his shoulders, letting her fingers travel seductively down his chest.

The King stiffened and caught her hands before they could travel even further. "What are you doing, Lady Jung?"

Lady Jung fumed. "I'm your wife, Il Hyun." she protested. "Why can't we act like a real husband and wife not only to the public? Why can' you call me by my name? I'm tired of this Il Hyun."

The King looked up at her apologetically. "We've gone through this so many times, Lady Jung." he sighed. "We're married only in name."

The truth is, after the ex-Queen Ji Min had fled and disappeared with the princess Jaekyung, Lady Jung had appeared with her daughter Jihyun and begged for a place to stay. She told the King that her husband had passed away and begged for help.

But the whole nation was against giving her help, since she was the ex-Queen Jung Ji Min's sister. And they all thought that the explosions were caused by the ex-Queen.

Hence, in order to provide help to this mother and daughter, the King had no choice but to marry her. There were some protests at first, but when they learnt that Jung Ji Hae had three powers as well, they accepted it.

However, it was only a marriage in name.

"I still love Ji Min, Lady Jung." THe King looked at her. "You should know this is why we sleep in different bedrooms, this is why I don't call you by your name. Please don't talk about this any more."

Lady Jung clenched her fists. *Ji Min Ji Min Ji Min. Since we were born it has always been Ji Min, even if I'm the older one. Just because I had no powers and she had three.* she smirked.

"But now, I'm going to take everything away from you, my lovely sister." she muttered under her breath.

The King cocked his head towards her. "Did you say something?"

Lady Jung nodded and settled herself on the table. "I was thinking-"

A knock disrupted what Lady Jung was about to say. The King let the guest in, only to find that it was the Military and Security advisors. "Good Afternoon." they bowed. They were surprised to see Lady Jung, but bowed politely as well.

"What were you saying, Lady Jung?" the King asked.

Lady Jung smirked. Now that there were more people, it would be better. "I was saying, if someone lied to the nation about their powers, it is a crime that deserves to be hanged right?"

The military advisor immediately nodded. "Of course! We can't have girls hiding their powers! What if they misuse them!"

The King raised his brows, signalling for Lady Jung to continue. "I know of a girl who doesn't have any powers. She lied to the nation, saying that she has the power of healing. What should we do about it, My lord?"

"Seek her out and kill that liar of course!" The Security Advisor blurted angrily.

Lady Jung smirked. *Awesome.*

The King nodded. "Okay then. So who is it?"

"Lee Jaekyung."

The King stiffened. *Lee Jaekyung? My baby Jaekyung? Can it be-*

"I know what you're thinking, My Lord." Lady Jung interrupted his thoughts. "But she isn't your daughter. Your daugher is most slightly dead since my sister brought her away.  PLease do this professionally my lord."

The King sighed. "Find that girl. And capture her. I'll see to it that she's dealt with."

Lady Jung smirked and left. *Ohoh poor Il Hyun. Doesn't even know he's dealing with his own daughter.*

 


L and Jaekyung darted behind the bushes.

The Infinite and f(x) members had already gone off to work, while L and Jaekyung were left at home. They thought it was alright to go to the nearby town to buy some snacks, when they saw soldiers marching around, pasting Jaekyung's picture everywhere.

"Oh my god Myungsoo Oppa." Jaekyung squeaked, extremely terrified.

L hugged her shoulders assuringly. He guided both of them safely back into the woods and made their way back to the hut.

"We can't explore the towns and villages for now." L told her. "They're looking for you everywhere."

Jaekyung bit her lip to stop herself from crying. She didn't want to appear to be a crybaby in front of L.

L sighed and hugged her close. "As long as we hide here it'll be alright, baby." he assured. "We'll be alright. I won't let anything happen. I promise."

Jaekyung nodded and shut her eyes. *All these because of my stupid "aunt" and "cousin". I swear, if I get my powers bac I'll make them pay.*