Double Date

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

"That man should move his head!" Jaekyung hissed. "I can't see Kim Myungsoo and that girl from here!" she complained from under her breath.

Chunji just sighed as he focused on the movie. He was bored, bored beyond words.

First, it just HAD to be a romance movie, when he didn't get those chick flick jokes that all the audience were laughing about. And he laughed when the rest of them were crying at a touching scene.

Damn.

Next, the girl he was in love with just HAD to spend her time spying on another man and his date when Chunji was willing for her to pay attention to him instead.

He glanced at her, who was in a very tensed mode, her gaze fixed on L. L fought back a yawn and sighed inaudibly as the girl beside him squealed excitedly as the main leads kissed.

*Boring.* he thought.

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes at them, trying to see any suspicious activity going between those two. A popcorn appeared at her lips. She blinked at it.

"I can't finish it all by myself." Chunji whispered. "Eat some too."

Jaekyung beamed at him sweetly, making Chunji's heart skip a beat. She ate the popcorn and munched on it gratefully, and Chunji found himself staring at how cute she was. Soon, he was feeding her the whole tub of popcorn while she spied on L.

*At least watching her eat is more interesting than the movie...* he thought.




At last, the toturous movie (to L and Chunji) ended, and both couples came out of the cinema. L and the girl beside him headed towards the nearby restaurant for dinner, and Jaekyung immediately snuck behind them.

Chunji pulled her wrist. "Yah Kyunggie! What are you doing?" he hissed, obviously displeased.

Jaekyung looked at him. "Following Kim Myungsoo! What else!" she asked like it was the obvious thing in the world. "I didn't find out anything while they were in the cinema, but maybe I will if I followed them when they were eating! Come on! I'll treat you!" she pulled him with her.

Chunji blew on his bangs irritatedly. *It's best friends day and she spends all her time on that stupid Kim Myungsoo. And just when I thought that the movie ended, she HAD to follow that Kim Myungsoo to dinner as well. Great.*

Chunji and Jaekyung found themselves stranded outside of the restaurant after L and his female companion went into the restaurant. "I'm dreadfully sorry." the receptionist bowed. "Our restaurant is full. I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for some of our customers to finish eating before you can go inside."

"WHAT?" Jaekyung shrieked. "But but but!! I have to go in! Now!" she panicked. She didn't want to lose track of L and his female companion.

Chunji placed a hand on her shoulder. "We should just eat some where else Kyunggie." he told her. "We can follow that Kim Myungsoo some other day."

"BUTTT!!!"  Jaekyung pouted.

"Jaekyung sshi?" L appeared. He looked surprised to see her and he eyed Chunji who was standing protectively in front of her. "Are you here for dinner as well?"

Jaekyung turned bright red. *Uh no. I'm here to spy on you.* "Uh yeah." she nodded. "But there aren't any seats left."

L turned to the waiter. "Add another two chairs at my table. I'm sure we can accomodate another two people." he smiled. Jaekyung looked shocked. "But aren't you eating with your girlfriend?"

L blinked. "She's not my girlfriend. She's just an aqquaintence. Anyway, I have a fiance and you know that." he guided both Chunji and Jaekyung to their table.

Yoonmi, the triple powered woman that was L's female companion that night, looked displeased that their date was disrupted by two ers, but seeing L's serious expression made her shut up about her complaints.

They made some small talk to pass off the awkward atmosphere before L finally asked the question that was eating all his curiosity. "Who is this, Jaekyung sshi?" he gestured to Chunji. "I didn't hear you mention that you had a boyfriend."

Chunji glanced at Jaekyung, waiting for how she would answer. "He's not my boyfriend, Myungsoo sshi." Jaekyung clarified instantly. "We're just best friends."

"Oh I see." L nodded. Chunji sighed inwardly and pretended to smile when the food was served. *Of course. What else did you expect Lee Chunji?*

L ordered steak, Yoonmi ordered pasta, Jaekyung ordered fish and chips while Chunji had chicken chop. They ate their food with Yoonmi trying to create some talk with L, failing terribly with only his short one words replies.

All of a sudden, Chunji cut a large portion of his chicken chop and placed it on Jaekyung's plate. "Try some of this too, Kyunggie." he told her. "They're good."

Jaekyung beamed at him. She cut some of her fish too and placed it on Chunji's plate. "You try my fish too, Chunji oppa."

L frowned at the sweet exchange. *I thought they were best friends?* he growled softly. *So she's just a flirt.*

Yoonmi looked absolutely envious about the exchange and peered at L's steak. She hoped he would give some to her and she could feed him some of her pasta too. "L sshi, is your steak good?" she asked.

L cast a cold glance at her. "Yes. But you can try it next time you come here yourself." he told her bluntly.

The dinner dragged on, with Chunji and Jaekyung enjoying themselves, and L trying to avoid Yoonmi's endless questions. He was thoroughly irritated by her and it was apparent that he didn't have a faintest interest for her.

"Jaekyung sshi, I still have some things to talk to you about work." he told her suddenly. "Let me pay for the meal and we can talk about it."

Jaekyung blinked. *We have?*

Yoonmi looked absolutely disappointed. "You're going?"

L nodded. "I'm sorry. I'll not send you home, Yoonmi sshi." he told her. "I'll be going. Nice meeting you."

Yoonmi watched as the other three walked away, pouting. *Why did he call me for a date when he turned out to be so aloof?*

Once L, Jaekyung and Chunji walked out of the restaurant, Jaekyung asked L, "So what is it you want to talk to me about, Myungsoo sshi?"

L gave her a sheepish smile. "Sorry. I lied about that." he rubbed the back of his neck. "What for?" Chunji retorted.

"I don't want to continue the date with Yoonmi anymore. She bores me." L sighed. "I almost died of boredom today when I was with her."

Jaekyung narrowed her eyes. "Then why ask her out when you don't have interest in her? Why not go out with your beautiful fiance since it's the weekends?"

L gave her a look with hidden emotions. "You don't understand, so I suggest you don't ask, Jaekyung sshi." he told her coldly.

*Nobody does.* he thought sadly as he walked away. *Finding that special girl is much more difficult than I've imagined.*