Kind Jaekyung

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

L and Jaekyung were working peacefully in the office, occasionally chatting a little between breaks.

Jaekyung glanced at L while he was working, his brows that were furrowed and his chiseled cheeks and jaw looked so y. She gulped. *He's really good-looking.*

She realised what she was thinking and shook her head. *He's your suspect Lee Jaekyung. You've got to keep a clear mind. ALWAYS.*

L looked up and caught Jaekyung looking at him. She blushed prettily and looked away,, resuming her work. L chuckled inwardly. *That was cute.*

Both of them continued with their work, constantly being distracted by each other. Tea time soon came and L suggested that they went for a short break.

They went to the department's small kitchen and found the whole department huddled there, discussing something interesting.

"What's so interesting guys? Care to share?" L asked curiously as he made his way to the coffee closet.

"Well, the printing department printed a thousand more copies of the latest encyclopedias." Yoseob offered. "And they don't know what to do with them now. The bookstore doesn't want them, and we can't sell it to other bookstores at a cheaper price since it would be unfair to our alliance bookstore."

"The CEO is trying to find ways to get rid of those extra copies." Manager Kim sighed. "But he doesn't know. If they at least have a fifty percent of the cost back, it'd be great already."

Jaekyung's eyes lit up and she hopped into the seat beside Manager Kim. "So it doesn't matter who buys them?" she asked interested. "As long as he can get that fifty percent of the cost back?"

Manager Kim nodded with raised brows. "What's with the sudden interest, Jaekyung?"

Jaekyung let out a squeal that surprised everyone. "Kyaaa! I'll go find CEO now!" she ran off as fast as lightning, even before L could pass her the coffee he made for her.

"Yah Jaekyung ah! Where are you going!" L ran off after her worriedly. *What's that girl up to now?*

He reached the main department where the CEO's office was. The doors were closed but not before L saw Jaekyung burst inside. *Oh god. She's going to get herself fired.* L thought worriedly.

He tried to get in, but the guards blocked his path and made him wait. He paced outside the CEO's office worriedly, trying to peep in. "What is she doing now? Why must she worry me like this!" L muttered under his breath.

After an eternity, Jaekyung finally came out of the CEO's office looking extremely pleased. "Why did you find the CEO for?" L ran up to her, his face pale.

Jaekyung beamed at him happily. "I bought the extra books!" she announced. "At fifty percent of the cost! It's a real bargain!"

L blinked. "One thousand copies of encyclopedias? That's...a lot of books to read." he frowned.

Jaekyung giggled. "It's not for me!" she snorted. "It's for the orphans!"

L looked at her curiously. "Orphans?" he questioned.

Jaekyung nodded excitedly. "Yeah! Imagine one thousand encyclopedias! I think I'll be able to distribute them to at least seventy percent of the orphanages in Seoul! That's awesome!"

"So..." L repeated, trying to take it all in. "You bought those thousand books with your own money..." he looked at her in disbelief. "With your measly salary...to give them to the orphans?"

"YUP!" Jaekyung squealed. "I'm so excited to see their happy faces!"

L gaped at her, his eyes full of adoration. *She's...an exact replica of what an angel should be.* he thought tenderly. *Pretty, elegant, kind-hearted...what other things are there about her that have still not appeared to impress me?*

"Hmmm I think I'll ask Chunji Oppa to help me with it.." Jaekyung mumbled to herself, thinking of how to transport those books around Seoul.

L immediately frowned. "I'll help you." he cut in. A second later he blinked. *Wait. What did I say?*

"Really?" Jaekyung beamed. "You will? Thank you Myungsoo Oppa!" she squealed and gave him a short hug before running off. "I'm so happy!"

L stood there, unable to react. He could still smell her vague vanilla scent that filled his nose that short instance her arms enveloped round him.

He shook his head. *Stop this nonsense Kim Myungsoo.*




"You bought all these books for the orphans?" Chunji questioned when he stepped into Jaekyung's apartment that night.

Her entire apartment was packed with boxes of books that she had just bought with her own money. "Yup!" was Jaekyung's cheery answer.

Chunji's gaze softened as he watched her push the boxes so that it wouldn't block the path. He went beside her and helped her with it.

"When are you going to give it to them?" Chunji asked. "I'll help you."

Jaekyung tapped her chin thoughtfully. "This weekend perhaps. I'll be busy next weekend with reports and all."

Chunji's face fell. "But I have to go overseas for a meeting this weekend."

Jaekyung turned to see Chunji's fallen expression. "It's okay Chunji Oppa." Jaekyung patted Chunji's arm. "You don't need to be there."

"But the books-" Chunji frowned.

"Myungsoo Oppa's helping out." Jaekyung beamed. "I'll be fine oppa don't worry."

Chunji frowned. *Myunsoo Oppa? Since when did she get so close with her suspect?* A gnawing feeling ate at his stomach and he felt highly uncomfortable.

His gaze landed on Jaekyung's sweet expression as she packed the books and he forgot everything else he felt.

*That's how a real princess should be like.* he thought tenderly. *Not someone like Jung Jihyun.*