Nightmares

Miracles in Han River

*** Mish ***

When I finally got home I felt exhausted. Hence, the first thing I did was to lie on the sofa. The moment my head touched the pillow I fell alseep.

*** Lay ***
My eyes shot open, but I didn’t know the reason yet. I looked at my phone. It was 11:49 AM. I sighed and got up to get myself a drink. As I walked through the corridor I heard the strange sound which woke me up again. Now I realized that I actually heard somebody sobbing. Really hard. The sobs were coming from the living room. I sneaked there quietly. And then I saw it. Actually I saw her. Our guest whom I forgot about. Mish was lying on the sofa as always asleep. The problem was that she was crying in her sleep. Tears were rolling down on her cheeks wetting the sofa. ‘‘ Noo! Mom, dad!‘‘ she suddenly said while crying,scaring the hell out of me. ‘‘ It’s my fault! I’m so sorry... Please forgive me...‘‘ she kept mumbling. Suddenly she turned around on the couch and nearly fell on the floor. I bent down on time and was able to catch her. As I was holding her I felt her heart beating so damn fast. She was still crying – I could feel her tears on my shirt. I really didn’t know what to do. After a little hestitation I decided to bring her to my room on the comfy bed. Who knows, maybe she has nightmares because she’s feeling lonely? I put her on my bed and lied next to her. She finally calmed downand stopped crying so I was finally able to sleep again.

*** Mish *** I woke up early in the morning because I had to go to work. When I got up from the bed... I actually got up from a bed. A bed, not a sofa. Startled I looked around. I was in Lay’s room! Not that I could recognize his room by just looking around, I simply saw him calmly sleeping on the other side of the bed. Now I wasn’t just startled, I was scared. What to do now?! The only thing I could think about was sneaking out of the room. I did so and when I was out I felt somehow relieved. As I was slowly coming to my senses, someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to look at Lay with his left hand propped on the wall and his sleepy eyes staring at me. I felt my heart racing again and I could almost feel my cheeks getting redder. ‘ What are you doing, Lay?‘ ...