New Job

Miracles in Han River

*** Mish ***
I woke up. My vision was still blurry but I realized that am home alone. Again. I started to wonder what do they do every day. Why are they so busy. Like all of them. It’s not that I care but this whole situation was kind of weird. Busy with the thoughts floating in my head I laid down on the couch again. Suddenly something punched me in the head. It didn’t hurt that much but I was startled. ‘What the…’ I almost cursed. That’s a really bad habit of mine. I noted to myself that I should work on it. After all I was a fan of self-improvement.

‘Omo, I’m sorry! I didn’t saw you. Usually I throw everything on the sofa.’ apologized Kai from the other room. Well, obviously I’m not the only one with bad habits. ‘It’s okay. I think you deserve to be praised for your throwing skills.’ as I found out that actually I wasn’t alone, another question popped in my head. ‘Can I ask you what do you do? Besides throwing things of course. You seem so busy every single day no matter whether it’s a work day or weekend.
’ Suho responded my question first. ‘Oh, we, ehm , we…’ Chanyeol interrupted him. ‘Baekhyun and I are composers. Kai, Lay and Sehun teach dancing. About Suho… he works with Chen and Xiumin at a coffee shop.’
‘Now I get why you are so busy.’ I said while smiling to him. I quickly got used to waking up and being all alone every day. Thus I was really happy when one day Baekhyun came home earlier and told me that he found me a job. He told me that I can start the next day and that the only rule was to never mention where or who do I live with. That was an easy task for me – I wasn’t a talkative person at all. Besides who would possibly care?
The next morning I woke up earlier than usual in order to get ready – it was my first day at work after all. Baekhyun woke up to and offered to take me there. When we finally arrived Baekhyun greeted the boss then bade me good luck and went back home.
I was in charge of washing the dishes and it was okay with me. Also, the kitchen I was working at was really nice. Beside me there was another girl working part time, but her job was to deliver the orders on her bike. I thought that it may be fun but since I did not have a bike I was stuck in the kitchen.
After one month (in which I constantly worked) I finally got my first wage. As my boss was handing me the envelope he asked me if I wanted to try running errands as the other girl (we haven’t talked yet btw). I nodded happily and ran to the sports shop to buy a new bike.
When I arrived at work the next day I saw the girl sitting in the locker room, reading a book while listening to her mp3 player. I noticed that she was reading the same book as me.
‘This book is amazing, isn’t it?’
She put away het headphone and stared at me for a while.

‘Yes, I really like it so far.’ She smiled at me.
I smiled too and then heard it. The familiar melody was coming from her headphones.
‘Can I have a look at your playlist please?’ I asked not sure what reaction to expect.
She nodded and gave me the mp3.
I scrolled down the playlist with surprise written all over my face.
‘You like USA pop as well? It’s my favorite!’ I reacted a bit overenthusiastic.
‘Looks like we have a lot of things in common’ she said. ‘By the way, my name is Seo Yeon. Nice to meet you.’
‘My name is Mish and occasionally we will work together.’ ‘Yes, I’m aware of that. Actually I was waiting for you to show you the neighborhood before lunchtime. And by the way I found that I’m your unnie’ she winked at me while getting on her bike and smiling again.
Finally I have found a real friend…