Don't Even Dare (Part 4)

[COLLECTION] 사.계.한

Taemin and Jonghyun never got along. They always gave each other protective death glares.

I knew Jonghyun for a couple of months, and my enrollment for Busan High was extended.

Even though I felt like Jonghyun was a flirtatious Kingka, he was still a kind-hearted soul. But it was something I could never bring myself to understand.

Taemin was still Taemin. He became pretty popular, I had to say. He was known to be the 'Cute-Sensitive' one, which I pretty much adored.

But something else was happening inside of me.

It wasn't Taemin that made my heart melt.

It was Jonghyun.

Everything he did made me crushed or light-headed. Everything he said made me feel frustrated or loved.

All I felt was a mixture of confusion and chaos. It was a groundbreaking experience; something I never felt before.

My insides liked to cause a ruckus every time Jonghyun fussed over me, and my heart would do a thousand flips every time he smiled or laughed at my jokes (which was rare).
Despite our opposite interests and driven intentions, Jonghyun was the older brother I never had...
But I guess I wanted more than that.

 


School was boring.
I was the type that was driven to learn, but all I could think about was Jonghyun and Taemin.
Those two boys....They were so special to me.

I glanced behind me in class, only to find Taemin staring at me. I gave him a questioning glance, to which he side-stepped.

Then in Biology, I looked to my right and saw Jonghyun gaping at me. As if I was some Princess.

Then lunch came around, and the two boys weren't present for their typical argument on "Who-Was-Going-to-Sit-Next-to-Hye Rung". I was starting to feel lonely, so I decided to look for them.

I whistled as I walked down a little hallway, about to turn a corner -

"THAT'S ."
My eyes widened. Jonghyun?

"HAH. DON'T BE A FOOL."
Taemin?

I scurried towards the loud voices, hiding behind the shadows.
In the middle of the hallway was Jonghyun and Taemin, yelling and screaming like never before.

"ADMIT IT, YOU LOVE HER." Taemin said.
Jonghyun... Loved someone?
"SO DO YOU. IT'S PAINFULLY OBVIOUS."
Taemin too?
My heart began to ache.
"WELL, IF YOU LOVE HYE RUNG SO MUCH, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL HER."
My eyes widened.

Hye Rung?
Me?

I gasped loudly, quickly cupping my mouth.
Crap, I thought.
I instantly felt two bodies loom over me.
"Hye Rung....?" Taemin's voice was barely audible. They seemed as if they saw a ghost.
I quietly stared at them, my hand still clamped on my mouth.

"Did you hear...?"

I didn't respond.

"Hye Rung..." Jonghyun reached his hand out but I backed away.

"You..You love me?"

Taemin looked down at the ground, guilt washing over him. Jonghyun just stared at me with glassy eyes.

"Hye Rung..." He said again, but I was already running down the hallway, away from his grasp.

Two of the most important people in my life loved me?
Then shouldn't I be rejoicing, not hurting?
But choosing one over the other...
I can't.

I just can't.

 


I ran to a grassy hill, sitting under a tree.

I needed to think.

Taemin loves me.... I thought. Jonghyun as well....

And eventually, I would have to make a choice.

 

But that choice was probably the biggest choice I was to make in my life.

Two men loved me. I loved both.

And I couldn't bear to lose either.
 

 

Taemin, the sympathetic and kind one - always listening and thinking.

Jonghyun, the kind-hearted boy who never liked to show his feelings - always full of brotherly concern.

 

 

I could already hear their voices in my head, repeating one statement over and over again:

"Who is it?"

 

Who is it?

Could I really choose one love over another?
Could I really stand breaking a heart - a heart I treasured?

But alas,
I loved someone.
And I had to choose.

Now. Or never...

............

"I love......."

 

and the rest is up to you.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I'M DONE WITH MY SECOND REQUEST!!! XD
Yep. Cliffie.

hehe. I have absolutely no idea who she ends up with, so don't ask! XD

Love Love Love!~

trusted

X_Tae & babysach: I hope you liked it!! I'm really sorry if it didn't live up to your expectations ):
Thanks so much for applying :) It meant the world to me! ^^