Don't Even Dare (Part 2)

[COLLECTION] 사.계.한

The house was nice, and my bedroom was even nicer.
The bed was comfy, the desk was clean.
I instantly felt at home.

"So how do you like Busan so far?"
"Oh, it's not my first time visiting," I explained. "I just wanted to take a more independent path. You know, do my own thing."
Yoona nodded as she sat down on my bed.
"Yeah, Seoul's really nice. It's really different, you could say. The accents are more stretched here."
"I could tell!" I laughed. She slightly blushed as she continued, "But... There's something you should know. About your school....-"

"A SLEEPOVER? On a school night? Good Heavens, No!"

Yoona sighed as she walked out of the room, leaving me slightly dumbfounded. I followed in pursuit, and saw Yoona's mother screaming into the phone.

"We have an exchange student living with us! Don't you want to meet her?"
"What do you mean NO? I will NOT tolerate this! NO sleepovers!!"
She sighed, "Okay, okay. You'll see her tomorrow at school then..... Alright.. Goodnight."

She carefully turned off the phone and smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry, but my son found it necessary to have a sleepover tonight. Maybe you'll get to see him at school tomorrow."
I shook my head, "Oh no! It's fine. Please don't worry too much." I stretched my arms and forced out a yawn, "After all, I'm extremely tired. I think I'll call it a day."
Yoona's mother apologized one last time before sending me in. I retreated towards bed and changed into my pajamas.

So it sounds like this kid is a troublemaker, I frowned. He seems like he's giving his mom a really tough time.

I yawned before closing my eyes, falling into a deep slumber...

 


The next morning my alarm went off. I tiredly hit the button and crawled out of bed.
The smell of rice porridge filled the air as I silently brushed my teeth and changed.

In the kitchen was Yoona, who had her hair tied back and her backpack slung around her shoulder.
"Good morn!" She said cheerily, not as grave as yesterday. "My mom prepared us some porridge. Try it!"
I took a sip before diving in. It was absolutely delicious.

"So what grade are you?" I asked politely.
She chuckled, "I'm a freshman in University."
"Oh really?"
"Mhm," She nodded, taking small sips of her breakfast. "My little brother's the same age as you-"
"OH SHOOT! I'M LATE!" I said, quickly gulping down my meal and running out the door. I forgot to say goodbye but knew I didn't have the time to say it.

Oh dear, oh dear.

 


There are always those who refuse to study and those who try hard.

I guess you could say there's a pretty distinct line between the two, and you can always define yourself in whichever side.

Well Taemin and I were doing a chemistry project together in class, and a guy stepped in.

Just like that.

He just stepped in.

"Mr. Kim," The teacher said sternly. "What made you decide that you could be late for class all of a sudden?"
The student smugly shrugged, "I don't know. Don't I always?"
Before the teacher could respond, he walked past and took a seat behind me.
The teacher didn't even argue and sat down, huffing as she did so.
"Hey gorgeous," He said ily. I tried not to roll my eyes.
"Watch it." Taemin growled, protectively reaching for my arm.
The guy just snorted, "You two are obviously new."
"No duh." Taemin retorted.

"I'm Jonghyun," He stuck out his hand. No one took it. "I'm the Kingka? Popular? However you want to call it."
"We'll call it whatever we want," Taemin snapped. "C'mon Hye Rung, let's just focus on the lab..."
"Hye Rung? Heh. Pretty name."
It was my turn to frown, "Would you quit it?!"
Jonghyun seemed slightly taken aback, if Taemin wasn't there, he would've cornered me into a wall.
He just grabbed my wrist, "Now listen here you-"
"LET GO OF HER." Taemin punched him, and Jonghyun fell to the ground.
"YOU BASTARD." Jonghyun yelled, wincing as he stood up. I gasped as I realized he fell onto broken glass.
"BREAK IT UP YOU TWO!!" The teacher screamed, pushing Taemin away.
"YOU NEED TO GO TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE. NOW." She told him. Taemin wiped his mouth in disgust and didn't even look at me as he left the room.
"AND JONGHYUN," She turned to him. "BE MORE CAREFUL." She harshly pulled him towards me. "HE'S GOING TO BE YOUR CHEMISTRY PARTNER FROM NOW ON. NOW NO MORE ARGUMENTS."
I frowned, "How come Jonghyun isn't being sent to the office as well?"
The teacher didn't respond as she left the room.
A lot of the other students were staring, and some girls came up to Jonghyun: "Are you okay oppa? Are you hurt? Why did he do this to you? Oh oppa! Please be okay!"
I scoffed as I waved them away, "Let us do our lab in peace!!" The girls glared at me as they slowly broke away.
Then I turned to him and jabbed a finger at his chest, "Don't think you can get away with this, you jerk. I can SUE you. I can-"
"My parents are the head of K.L. Corporations," My eyes widened at that. What did he say?
That was the biggest and most successful company in the WORLD.
How could this.... Low-lifed JERK be the son of such powerful people?
"E-excuse me?"
"You heard me. And that's why I'm on top. Besides," He touched my arm as I yanked it away. "I'm y. It's God's gift, babe."

I tried my best not to just reach out and slap him.
"Whatever..." I muttered, turning away from him. "Just get to work."
I saw him smirk in the corner of my eye as he slipped on a pair of gloves, "By the way, you did all of this wrong."
I looked up at him, "Huh?"
"It's wrong. Aluminum chloride is AICI3," He said. I frowned, "How do you know so much?"
He gave me a shrug as he continued to correct my answers.

So the Kingka was smart after all.

Surprising.

 


I didn't see Yoona's little brother anywhere. I tried searching for some decent-looking kid, but no one of that extent was in sight.
I sighed as I began to give up.
"I'll see him later tonight..."

I didn't get to visit Taemin since he was stuck in the office. I felt extremely terrible, and decided to visit him later tonight.

"Hey Hye Rung!" I heard someone say.
I turned around to see Yoona, smiling and waving.
"Oh hey Yoona!" I grinned.
"So did you see my brother?" She sounded more worried than elated.
"No..I didn't get to...."
Her face brightened at that.
"Um... Will he be home today?"
She slightly frowned, "Uh, yeah... I guess..."
I quickly smiled and grabbed her wrist, "Let's go!!"

Who could he be? I just had to wonder....

 


"We're home!!" I said cheerfully, bowing to Yoona's mother.
"Oh, good! It's about time," She lightly held my wrist and brought me to the living room.

Then I saw him.

Sitting there.

 

"YOU?!?!!"

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hahaha! X) You probably know who it is, huh? HAHA :D Well anyways, thanks for the support :) I'm most definitely going to make this a Four-Chapter, and a Five-Chapter if I have to.
And do you think I'm losing my steam? Cuz I think I am... I have my ideas right here with me, but I'm in such a rush I'm just confusing you guys :/
Well, tell me what you think.

Love you tons~