Don't Even Dare (Part 1)

[COLLECTION] 사.계.한

Jung Ha Sul//Lee Eunhyuk (High School Love)

 

"Last boarding call for Train 106, heading towards Busan."

The speaker's bellowed out our train number as Taemin and I ran towards the boarding area.
"Hurry, Hurry!" I said, dragging my baggage with me.

Taemin followed along, puffing his cheeks as he went. I smiled to myself as I adored his cuteness, but continued to run.
"We're almost there!! We can't miss the first day of school!!" I scurried and pushed past the dense crowd until we reached our destination.
I fumbled through my purse and grabbed our tickets, "Sorry we're late." The woman standing at the doorway smiled and said, "Have a good trip."


The ride from Seoul to Busan was amazingly long.

Taemin sat across from me, kicking his legs up on the table in between us. I wrinkled my nose and pushed his legs away, to which he smiled and said, "You're being mean, Hye Rung."
I scoffed, trying not to give into his sweetness.

Then I heard him tapping his foot over and over again. I peeked up from my book and gave him a questioning look.
"What?" He asked innocently, pulling his earplugs out. I rolled my eyes and poked my nose back into the novel. Taemin quickly reached over and pushed the book away to see my face. I felt a hot rush of blood creep up to my cheeks, "Taeminnie....."
"I tap my feet. Because I always need a beat to move to." Then he leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes.

I gazed at him as he put his hands over his head, still tapping his foot.

He was so sweet and kind. I really loved him, and he was my best friend for life.
My crush on him was always having to be pushed away. Thrown to the corner.
I could never consider my feelings for him. Not once.

We were riding to Busan for an exchange program. Taemin, me and some other students were exchanging schools for a certain period of time.
It was Goodbye to Seoul and Hello to Busan.
I didn't mind it, anyways. I really loved it there.

For the meantime, I was to stay and board with a family.
I didn't know who they were yet, and I was sort of nervous.
After all, I was going to live with them for more than a month.

Taemin, on the other hand, was staying with his grandparents. They were living down in the city and offered him a place to stay. He insisted I go stay with him; but I politely refused.
The whole point of this program was to break free from you shell and learn something new.

And that was exactly what I intended to do.

 


"Are you sure you don't want to stay with my grandparents, Hye Rung?" Taemin asked worriedly.
I nodded, pulling on my luggage. "I'll be fine! I'm sure the family I'm staying with is wonderful."
Taemin reluctantly nodded, following after me.

We quickly got off the train, searching for a sign that said "Jung Hye Rung". I immediately found it and walked towards a family of three.
I saw a slim girl about my height, smiling and waving. Her hand was on her mother's shoulder and her father was holding the sign.
I felt so touched that moment, and wished that my family could be composed like them.
Taemin hurriedly guided me, "Annyeonghaseyo," He bowed. I bowed with him, smiling shyly.
"And what is your name?" The father asked.
"Lee Taemin, sir."
"So you're not her brother? I was also informed that we would be housing only one student."
"You were informed correctly, sir. I'm just Hye Rung's friend. I'm staying with my grandparents."
I felt my heart slowly drop as he said "I'm just Hye Rung's friend."

Was that all he was? I quickly dropped my hurt expression as the mother turned towards me, "What a pretty gal you are! Oh Yoona, isn't she gorgeous?"
"She is," Yoona agreed, waving one more time. "It's nice meeting you."
"You too," I blushed. "I'm so happy you offered to house me. Thank you."
"It's not a problem, darling!" Yoona's mother exclaimed. "Our other child would've LOVED to meet you!"
"I'm sorry?"
"Oh, we have a second child. But unfortunately he's at school today."
"Is it the same school Taemin and I will be attending?"
"Busan High School? Yes it is, actually. He's the same grade as well."
I saw Yoona's expression slowly drop.
Why?

"Well, um..." Taemin coughed. "I guess I better be going... I'll see you at school, Hye Rung." He hugged me and bowed goodbye.
"Goodbye!" I waved.
I could've just held onto my heart. Him hugging me sent butterflies across my chest.
"A very nice boy," Yoona's mother nodded approvingly.
Yoona looked down at her feet as she said, "Yeah......."

Something was wrong.

I wanted to know what.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I know I changed the names (compare the names on the Requests List and the names in this story if you don't get what I mean), but the applicant wanted this to be a surprise for her friend ^^
I really appreciate her thoughtfulness :)
This is probably going to be a Four Chapter, but you never know :D
THANKS FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT! ^^