Follow Me (Part 2)

[COLLECTION] 사.계.한

Henry called me that day.

He apologized and confessed.

He said he loved me.

But I couldn't accept it. If I did...

No.

I just couldn't.

 

"I know you probably don't want to give us a chance but-"
"Henry..." I said under my breath. What did he want me to say? What did he want me to do?
"I know." He released a sigh.

Silence engulfed us. I heard steady breathing from the other end of the line.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered. "I just... I love you, Tae..."
I covered my mouth, letting the tears fall. It hurt a lot to tell him 'No'.
"I love you too, Henry. However as my older brother," I told him. "But I really do love you.. Just not the way you want it to be."
"I understand," He said. "But if you're ever in need of a shoulder to cry on... I'm here... I'm always here..."
I gave a soft smile, "Of course you're my shoulder to cry on, Henli..."
"Not when he's on your tail.." He muttered to himself.
"What?" I asked, not clearly hearing what he said.
"Nothing. Well anyways, thank you for understanding. I'm glad nothing changed between us."
My smile broke into a grin, "Of course, Henry!" I hesitated before adding, "Best friends forever."
"Forever." He confirmed.

That was when I knew everything was going to be okay.

It was going to be fine.

 


"So basically 'ㅌ' sounds like a 'T' and 'ㅋ' sounds like a 'K'," Minho instructed, gliding his pencil across the notebook. "I know they look similar, but they're actually quite different."

I nodded, scribbling the notes down into my pad.

"I think pronunciation is key to hangul," He continued. "So we'll work on that next Tuesday - but for now, know your alphabet."

"Got it." I said, squeezing in the last of my notes. I immediately dropped the pen, sighing. It had already been a whole two months of tutoring, and Minho turned out to be a pretty funny guy. He always had this dorky grin and mysterious look. He was the playful type, and yet seemed so far away.

It didn't take me long to realize I was developing a little crush on him, and I was falling pretty hard. I just wished he knew what I was thinking and how much I anticipated our weekly study dates.

"Hard work!" I groaned, kneeling back on the chair. Minho just smiled, leaning over to me.

Wait, leaning?

I stood as still as a statue as he brushed the bangs away from my eyes. I think he felt the same amount of chemistry between us, because suddenly I was closing my eyes as his hot breath surfaced my lips. It didn't take another moment to realize that his soft lips were on mine, but before we could go any further, he broke the kiss and rested his forehead on mine.

"Do you... Do you want to go out sometime?" He said quietly.

I smiled, "How about now?"

He returned the grin, "Ice cream's on me."

 

I didn't know if this relationship was going to work out, and how long it would last.

But I knew it was worth it.

Besides, Henry was with me. All the time. Forever.

 

I just had to follow my heart.