Accident

Dear Bang

Dear Bang,

 

Today my mind was filled with what happened the other day while we were playing Truth or Dare. To be honest, Jimin is confusing me and I’m not sure of what I want anymore... Why do I keep thinking about him? I don’t know what’s going on. I can’t really explain my own feelings right now. I feel so lost… You’re here with me, right Bang…?

Because I was still so worked up after that “sleepover Party” at school, I tried to distract myself by fully concentrating on finishing the stage setting and the costumes. Not only was I able to calm and organize my mind a little, but also did I make a huge progress whit my work. The costumes were done and there was not much work left till we could finally use the stage setting.

After I showed my masterfully finished costumes to my teacher, she went to call in the dancers to our room so they could try them on.

I had to gulp when I spotted Jimin walking in with a sleeveless black shirt, exposing his muscular arms. The dancers were all drenched in sweat from practicing hard on their dancing. Suddenly feeling hot, I hastily looked away.

I handed all the costumes to the respective dancer and helped them putting on their costumes when they needed help.

“Janice! Help me!?” V pleaded while desperately trying to pull up the zipper on his back.

“Coming!” I quickly ran by his side.

I stood there fumbling with the zipper, when all of a sudden V whispered into my ear “And? How was the kiss? I bet you can’t stop thinking about him by the way you were gazing at him when we entered the room” He wiggled his eyebrows while poking at me.

“Stop it V!” I hissed, turning bright red and tried pushing his hands away from me.

He kept pushing and teasing me, which resulted in me bumping into my desk and making the paint bucket splash gracefully over the stage setting.

“NO!” I shouted while sprinting towards the stage setting, hoping that I could still rescue it. But I was too late.

I stood there staring at my hard work, which was now covered with a vivid green paint. I could’ve cried at that moment.

V tentatively stepped next to me, looking at the mess he had caused just because he needed to tease me.

“I’m s-so sorry Janice.” V apologized hesitantly, feeling guilty and scared that I’d burst out in anger at any moment.

To be honest, I would have loved to just scream my lungs out at him, but I was aware of everyone’s stares and counted till ten, took a deep breath and calmly replied.

“It’s okay. It was me who bumped into it anyway.” and turned my back on him to hide my teary eyes.

As if it didn’t already take me enough strength to keep myself composed, suddenly Riri appeared out of nowhere next to me and started taking pictures of my ruined painting non-stop.

“Riri what the hell are you doing?!” I snapped at her.

“What? Who knows? Maybe this will be a very essential piece of memory for the documentary of our project.” She responded innocently.

I just sighed annoyed and walked off to get myself prepared for another round of painting.

I stayed a few hours longer after school to make up for the mess V and I had caused.

I had to do the whole setting all over again, all alone in this empty school building.

Being focused and fully determined to finish this painting as fast as possible, I suddenly got startled by someone clearing one’s throat.

“Jimin? What are you still doing here?” I asked, surprised that I wasn’t the only one still hanging around at school at this hour.

“I stayed to practice a bit more for the musical and was just about to go home, when I heard a noise coming from this room. I guess I’m not the only hardworking student that works overtime at this school anymore.” he smiled softly, leaning against the doorframe.

I giggled “No, definitely not. Especially not after the powerful stunt V and I had performed. I need to get this setting finished quickly.”

He chuckled as well and entered the classroom.

“I’m sorry about the mess my friend V had caused this afternoon.” He apologized while looking sincerely guilty because of his friend.

“No, no. It’s okay. Things like this can happen. Besides it’s not entirely his fault. I didn’t pay enough attention either.” I quickly replied, remembering the cause of the accident, which were V’s words.

“Nah, it probably was entirely his fault. V is the biggest troublemaker in our group. He is famous for creating troubles and constantly dragging other people into his mess.” he claimed.

We both laughed and without realizing stared at each other for a while until I finally realised what I was doing and looked away hastily.

He noticed my sudden reaction and chuckled to himself. I turned my attention back to my painting and tried to ignore the rising heat in my cheeks.

“When are you planning to go home?” He asked after a moment of silence.

I looked out of the window and noticed how the sun was setting.

“Oh! It’s that late already?” and looked back at the stage setting to judge whether I still wanted to keep working on it or not. I wasn’t even halfway done.

I sighed tiredly “I think I still need to spend a few hours on this painting.”

“Oh…alright.” he looked at his wristwatch and then pulled out a chair from another desk and sat next to me. “Until you’re finished, the sun will surely already have set completely and a girl should not go home by herself at night. Mind if I accompany you home?”

I chuckled shyly. “Are you sure? This will take me a while.” I nodded towards the painting in front of me.

“Of course. I don’t mind waiting for you at all.” he smiled brightly.

 

I tried to hold a conversation with him, so he wouldn’t get bored while I was painting. The awkward atmosphere faded away quickly. We got along well. I figured he was quite a friendly person. He cares a lot about his group members. It seems he was also quite curious about me, since he asked me countless of questions about my personal life. I told him about my co-workers and how I secretly gave them nicknames since I have troubles remembering their real names and that I still haven’t got a name for the third drama queen. He also briefly mentioned his self-portrait and I promised him that I’d take a look at it. Our conversation did not end even when I decided it was about time to go home. On our way home I learnt that he has a younger brother who he dearly loved and that he had shared some of my chocolate bunnies with him. Apparently Jimin is not the only one who fell for my delicious bunnies.

 

Being so drawn into our conversation I didn’t even realise how we got to my apartment building.

“So, this is where I live.” I said, slightly disappointed that we already arrived. I didn’t want to enter my lonely apartment yet.

“Thank you very much for bringing me home safely.” I smiled.

“No problem. Now I finally had an excuse to talk to you.” He grinned.

All of a sudden a shiver went through my body. The way he grinned was exactly like you used to, Bang. My pleasant spirit vanished immediately and all I could think about was you. His silhouette in front of me got replaced by yours.

I bowed to Jimin, wished him a good night, ran up to my apartment, quickly closed the door behind me and broke into tears.

 

Bang you can’t imagine how I had wished that it was you standing in front of me instead.

 

I miss you, so so much Bang. Please come back.

 

Your Janice