Han River

Dear Bang

Dear Bang,

 

It has been one week since I started school. I’m really liking it here so far and I think I have made a new friend… She would be the first friend I have besides you… I don’t know how I should act when I’m with her…what do female friends do together Bang? I don’t know… I’m just really confused at the moment. I don’t even know if we really are friends or not. Anyway, she’s the one who first approached me or rather she just barged in to my table at lunch at the second day of school. She’s been doing that every day since then. She always sits across from me at my lonely table and starts talking as if we have been friends for a long time. At first I thought it was a bit disturbing…but now I don’t mind anymore. I remember the first thing she told me as she sat down was:

“The community for the pupil’s magazine took me in without hesitation. You should have seen their face expression when I rattled off every information I knew about the community’s leader.” she snickered.

Surprised that someone just suddenly sat down at my table I stayed silent and looked at her quizzically.

“Oh do you mind if I sit here?”

“Well, you already sat down…” I mumbled.

Without even hearing my answer she continued “By the way, my name’s Han River…and what’s your name?” She almost whispered her name and tried to quickly maneuver her question to me.

I almost chocked on the food I was chewing on “H-Han River?”

“Yeah… I know. Ridiculous right? I still curse my parents for that. How could they forget that our family name’s Han? And why from all the names on this planet did they have to choose the name River!? Did they think they were being funny? Gosh!” she said enraged.

“Were you born at the Han River?” I asked not able to contain my amusement anymore.

“See! That’s exactly why I don’t like introducing myself to others! They always tease me with that! So please, for god’s sake just call me Riri.” she pleaded desperately.

I chuckled “Sure, Riri.” Both her name would have been easy for me to remember anyway.

She calmed down at my answer and smiled contentedly while pushing her glasses up her nose. “So, you haven’t answered my question. Your name was?”

“Oh wait! I think I can guess your name! Which portrait did you make?”

She interrupted me without giving me the chance to answer.

“The one with the graffiti.”

“Ah, I know! Your name is Janice, Lee Janice. Am I right?”

I looked at her astounded. “Your memorization ability is amazing.”

We had to put our name tags underneath the pictures.

She must have learnt all the pictures and their names by heart.

“Are you sure you’re at the right school?” I joked.

She suddenly turned serious, just like when she was taking pictures. “Originally I wanted to enter the same university like me boyfriend did so we could see each other more often. But then my boyfriend convinced me to follow my dreams. He promised me that we would still see each other every day. So far he kept his promise, but only because I brought him my camera to fix yesterday.”

“Your boyfriend can fix a camera?” I asked impressed.

“Yes, my boyfriend is strong, handsome, manly and a genius. He’s just perfect.” She boasted while looking totally in love. Sweet.

“So how long have you been together?”

“In one month it will be three years.” She grinned with pride.

Just when I was about to say something her eyes fixed on the table which was located behind me on the left side.

“He’s been staring at you all this time.” she whispered inching towards me.

“Who?” I said suddenly feeling watched.

“Jimin. Don’t look!” She held my face, preventing me from looking into his direction.

 

That’s right Jimin has been buying my chocolate bunnies every time his clique came to our shop ever since the day I went to the ramyun shop. At first he was always silent and avoided looking at me. He would hastily buy my pastries and then quickly run to his friends. But as time went by he started to look or sometimes even smile at me. One day he even complimented me “Your bunnies are really great.”

Of course I feel very delighted at his compliment…but what is he planning on? It’s starting to get creepy especially since Riri hinted that he was staring at me I’m beginning to feel uncomfortable whenever I noticed his gaze.

 

So far I’ve been ignoring it. I hope he’ll soon stop with it…

Bang help me!

 

 

Your Janice

 


Did you expect somehting else when you read Han River? Hehe tricked you! ;P

I realised that I already wrote 11 chapters but haven't mentioned Jimin that much... I promise in the next chapter there will be a direct interaction between Janice and Jimin. :D Please look forward to it. <3