~CHAPTER 6~ Kim Taeyeon's Secret

The Broker

Eunji has to squint when she wakes up because the sunlight is shining directly on her through the large French windows. She sits upright when she realizes that this isn’t the view that she usually wakes up to. The absence of the blaring noise of Kim Taeyeon’s blow dryer, her constant chatter on the phone and the smell of her heavy perfume has her wondering where in the world she is. There are clothes strewn across the floor and she gasps when she sees boxers on the adjacent bed. She tries to remember what happened the previous night to come up with an explanation to what she is doing in a guy’s room. She hides under the blanket when she hears footsteps approaching the room. She can hear someone talking. It’s Kim Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“Oh, she is still asleep”, Kyungsoo says.

“Should I wake her up?” Jongin asks.

“No, she’s probably hung over. She must be tired after last night. We don’t want to make her feel awkward”, Kyungsoo answers. Eunji's body tenses up and she can feel her face slowly heating up. What happened last night? Has she done something embarrassing? Did she and Kyungsoo-? No, it can’t be, she is not that kind of girl.

“Well, I’m going to the library to get some books. Call me if you need me”, Jongin says and leaves. Eunji is mentally pleading Jongin not to leave her alone with Kyungsoo. She can hear Kyungsoo leaving the room as well. After ten minutes of silence, she is reassured that it is safe to come out of her hiding spot and get a breath of fresh air. She grabs her coat and bag and wears her shoes. The hallway is empty. She silently tiptoes her way towards the door but she hears her name being called out before she could open the door.

“Eunji-shi”, Do Kyungsoo’s voice comes from the kitchen. She makes her way to the kitchen. “How can you leave without telling me?”

“Uh, sorry. I was not sure what to do.” She is dying of embarrassment. “Thank you for letting me stay here. I don’t know what happened last night but if I did something embarrassing, I’M VERY SORRY!” she says in one breath and scurries towards the door.

“Hey! Come back in here”, Kyungsoo shouts.

Eunji enters the kitchen once again.

“Don’t worry. Nothing weird happened the other night.” Kyungsoo assures her. He hands her a heavy bag. “Baekhyun’s textbooks from first year are in it. He told me to give them to you since yours were ruined by Park Sojin. I’m sorry for letting that happen as well.”

“Oh, thank you so much”, Eunji beams in gratitude.

“Don’t thank me. Thank Baekhyun”, he says.

“Please tell Baekhyun-shi that I’m really thankful”, Eunji bows and turns around to exit.

“I think he’ll be happier if you tell him yourself”, she hears Kyungsoo say before she leaves EXO’s dorm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Minjae-shi, how are you?” Kim Taeyeon asks the handsome, well-built man who is in his twenties.

“I don’t know. I have stopped living for a while. I can’t feel anything now,” Jung Minjae replies.

“I’ve told you many times, Minjae-shi. The only way for you to become free is for you to forget her. I’ve tried to find her many times but there is no trace of her anywhere. I don’t think it’s possible for me to bring her to you.” Taeyeon wishes that he would just give up on his old love already. It has been 18 years and he still can’t seem to forget her. As a Broker, it is becoming a tough job for Taeyeon because Minjae still deeply regrets leaving his wife to join the army 18 years ago. Minjae was 23 when he died at the Korean borders in a battle. Taeyeon assumes that he was extremely popular in his time because of his dashing good looks. It’s no wonder that she has a slight crush on him.

“How do I forget her?” he says it like the thought of forgetting her itself is ridiculous.

“You could find a new love,” Taeyeon mutters when the door opens.

Eunji enters the room and is thrown off guard when she sees a male spirit standing in their room but she tries to keep herself composed. She pretends she doesn’t see him since she doesn’t want Taeyeon to go off announcing her secret to everybody.

Minjae is shocked to see a girl who resembles the love of his life so much. Without realizing it, he says his wife’s name. “Lee Jiyoon.”

Eunji almost asks him why he knows her mother’s name when she hears Taeyeon speak.

“What?” Taeyeon asks Minjae.

Whoa!! Did Kim Taeyeon just talk to a spirit? “Are you speaking to me?” Eunji asks her just to be sure. Don’t tell me Taeyeon is a Broker too!

“It’s nothing,” she snaps and leaves the room in a hurry. The guy trails behind her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji is sure that she saw Kim Taeyeon talking to a spirit. She shakes off the thought and tries to argue that someone as obnoxious as her would never be a Broker. But it is so obvious and there seems to be no way around it. Eunji lies on her bed and starts humming to soundtracks from her favourite drama. Suddenly, someone starts singing along to the song she is humming. She finds Baekhyun sitting on the chair. He has platinum blonde hair today.

“Where have you been?” Eunji stops humming and asks Baekhyun.

“Did you miss me that much?” he smiles at her.

Eunji makes a big cross with her hands and shakes her head. Baekhyun pouts at her denial, and that makes her heart race. “Ahem, thank you for giving me the books.”

“Ah, never mind. I just wanted to spare you from spending lots of money on textbooks again. How are you feeling?” Baekhyun sits on her bed now.

“I’m fine. Why are you sitting so close to me?” Eunji raises an eyebrow and shifts away.

“Why?” Baekhyun makes a face. “Ah, I see. You don’t remember anything from last night. You were pretty hammered last night. You started saying some weird shi-“

“What happened last night?”

Baekhyun contemplates if he should let her know that she admitted to liking him. But since she didn’t actually complete the sentence in her drunken stupor, he decides not to tell her. “Err... nothing. You were just drunk. That’s unusual of you.” He moves back to the chair.

“Ah. I was embarrassed. It’s a relief I didn’t do anything stupid.”

“Aaahh.. I’m tired,” Baekhyun complains and ruffles his hair.

“Why? You’re a spirit. You can’t get tired,” Eunji fires at him.

“I’m mentally tired. Ghost life is so boring.”

“Don’t be tired yet. Remember, we have to go to Busan tomorrow,” she reminds him.

Baekhyun doesn’t know why but he feels excited about going on a bus ride with Eunji. He claps his hands like a seal because it’s been his dream to do that with a girl like it happens in dramas (Yes, he watches k-dramas. Don’t judge!!!). But then he remembers he is a ghost and he doesn’t have a life.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hiya, peeps. I’m sorry for not posting for so long. I have been busy with my university application and college stuffs. Life is 1% smoother right now so I found motivation to write a new chapter. I think I will post a new chapter tomorrow too. I hope you have realized that the story is taking a turn after reading this chapter. Whaddyathink?? Please help me out and upvote/subscribe/any-kind-of-interaction if you happen to have some spare time and like my story. Happy Reading..... <3<3<3<3<3<3

**I’m so hyped, EXO has a V-app channel now. I saw their live broadcast and was sending tons of comments like “Baekhyun <3<3<3<3<3<3” and “Kyungsoo <3<3<3<3<3<3”**