CHAPTER TWO ~ Baekhyun's EX-Girlfriend

The Broker

Hoya drags Eunji along with him to the auditorium. 

"It's fine if you want to audition. But don't expect me to do one", Eunji says.

"But you have a freaking amazing voice. You are even better than me, I have to admit", Hoya counters.

"It's just..... I'm not that kind of person. I'm an art student. I'm laidback and.... cool", Eunji flips her hair in a flimsy way.

Hoya snorts. "You're lucky you have me. I doubt anyone else can put up with you."

"I wish to object", she says, raising her hand. "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me.

While Hoya gets all sweaty and nervous, Eunji takes a seat in the audiences.

Hoya clears his throat as he gets up on the stage. "Hi, guys. I'm Hoya", he says, tapping his guitar nervously.

When he is told to start, he begins strumming his guitar. Eunji recognizes the tune from the song Something by Girl's Day. This acoustic version sounds really mellow, husky and very different from the original version of the song. Hoya receives a standing ovation from the judges when he finishes. 

"Um, Hoya." one of the judges says. "Since all the vacancies for the boy bands in the university are filled, we'd like to give you the opportunity to do it solo."

"Thank you so much", Hoya says, doing a fist pump.

 

"I'm really glad you got in. I knew you would", Eunji congratulates him. "And that was really good - what you did back there with the song."

"Thanks!" Hoya beams. "Are you going to any parties tonight?"

"I'm sure I'm not going", she replies.

"That's good."

"Why?"

"Because it's the first night and guys will be preying on pretty girls", Hoya smirks.

"What? Are you implying that I can't take care of myself? What makes you think women are so helpless?" she snaps.

"Yah! Don't start with the lecture on feminism. I guess you didn't hear the preying-on-pretty-girls part", he jokingly punches her in the arm. "Well, you're always welcome at my place, you know."

Eunji glares at him. 

"What?" he says.

"You are a nineteen years old man now, Hoya. Be responsible and don't make trouble. And don't get anyone pregnant", she teases him.

"Stop. Don't preach me like you are my noona."

"I kind of am your noona", Eunji points out.

"Just by a few days!" Hoya sighs. "I guess that's how it is."

 

After a long day of a load of icebreakers that she didn't take part in, Eunji finally gets to rest on her bed. Her roommate is constantly on the phone but she doesn't fail to give her a look every now and then. Her name is Tae.......Yang? No, that's the singer from Big Bang. Yong? Yeon? Kyung? Tae-something she can't remember. She has blonde hair and gives a kind of vibe similar to Baekhyun's. Could she be Baekhyun's sister or something? Eunji has seen her in at least five different outfits today.

 

Later in the evening, she goes to the bathroom to take a shower. She lets her hair down and turns the shower on. She puts on some shampoo and closes her eyes, humming to Bruno Mars' songs as she massages her head. When she opens her eyes, to her horror, she sees pinkish-blonde hair and porcelain skin.

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!!", she screams at the top of her lungs. "What the are you doing here?!!"

"Whoa! You okay?", a girl from the next cubicle asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just......... saw a spider", she says, covering herself up with a towel.

"Really? I am a spider now?" Baekhyun says.

Eunji grabs her phone and plays a ringtone, then pauses it. "Hello?", she pretends she received a call and nods at Baekhyun."What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I just got bored. And since I am a ghost and invisible, it doesn't matter if I am in the girl's bathroom. I bet ghost guys do it all the time.", he says.

"What do you want? You ", she says with contempt.

"Whoa there! I thought you were supposed to help me out. Besides, it was so hard to find you. Show some hospitality", he says.

"Do you realize you are in a girl's shower??", she hisses. "I'm in the middle of taking a shower. Now, shoo, go away."

"Okay then", he groans. "I'll be waiting in your room."

Eunji spends the rest of her time wondering how the heck Baekhyun knew where her room was.

 

When Eunji goes back to her room, Baekhyun is standing outside.

"I thought you said you will be waiting inside", Eunji says.

"Well, about that, I did go inside", Baekhyun mutter, looking down. "The thing is, I think my ex-girlfriend is your roommate. She's quite.... feisty"

Eunji enters the rooms and sits on her bed. Baekhyun follows suit. She glares at him and motions him to go sit on the chair away from her. Baekhyun grumbles.

Her roommate is still on her phone. She punches some numbers on her phone and calls someone. When there is no answer, she stopms her feet. "Oh my god.This boy, why isn't he picking up my calls?" She flings her phone across her bed.

Baekhyun cranes his neck to look at the phone screen. "Eunji-shi. I don't think Taeyeon knows I'm dead. She's calling me."

"Didn't you two break up already?" Eunji says under her breath.

"We didn't break up!!" Taeyeon shouts at her. Uh-oh. Eunji didn't mean for her to hear that. The girl sure has sharp ears. "You are just a freshman. What do you know about us?"

Quite feisty? Incredibly feisty, more like, Eunji thinks. She gives Baekhyun a you-were-right look. Baekhyun winces but keeps quiet.

"What's your problem? I was talking to myself about my friend. Don't yell at me", Eunji shouts back. She has a lot of practice at making things up thanks to her habit of talking to ghosts loudly in front of non-Brokers.

Taeyeon looks flustered. "Uh... Sorry", she forces a smile. "I'm Kim Taeyeon."

"I'm Jung Eunji", she says. She doesn't think they will be best friends for life. They belong to different classes of the society. 

"What do I do when you go to sleep?", Baekhyun finally speaks.

You can go to the cinema or go to the theme park and go on rides. ALL FOR FREE! she writes down on a paper. 

After Baekhyun reads it, he grins. "Off I go then!" He disappears.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ugh!!! My computer restarted while I was writing my end note so I had to write the whole story once again. This happens to me all the time on AFF. It's a curse. T_T Anyways, how do you like the story? I hope you have enjoyed it so far. I'll try my best to build the story and make it really good as we go along. It'd be great if you could send me suggestions or just comment about what you think about the story. I'd be more than happy to read them. And yeah! Upvoting and subscribing is also as much appreciated. haha. I'm so shameless.

Anyways, I'm typing in a hurry so I'll edit the grammatical errors out afterwards. Hope you're all having a great day. It's been a dream of mine to write a BaekJi fanfic. Gawd, I ship them soooooo much. It's sad my ship is non-existent. T_T I'm listening to B.A.P's Easy right now. It gets so good in the middle. Daehyun's voice....,ahfasdgad.s,gh... The chorus is awesome. Try it out if you're tired of your playlist.. hehe.. Here's a gift for you Bacon lovers...

trollololololol >_<

Just kidding. We all love Baekhyun.

swooooooooooooooooooooon

Here you go, my last one. AAAAAAHHHHHH.


hooooooooooooooooooooootHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!! His shirt says CANDY!!! Of course, you are candy, Baekhyun-ah. Ahahaha. I should shut up. Byeeee