Chapter Six: Date Two and Date Three.

The Boys Next Door

"Wake-y wakey, eggs and bake-y." I heard someone say loudly.  Groaning, I rolled over. A bit too much, at that.
I yelped as I rolled off my bed and fell on the ground, landing on, yet again, another person.
I heard a slight grunt from Joshua oppa as I crushed him. I scrambled up. "I'm so sorry, oppa." I apologized repeatedly. He sat up and tousled my hair with a laugh. 
"You're fine." he squinted slightly from the bright sunlight that streamed through the windows. I heard someone clear their throat from the side.
We both looked up at the culprit that caused me to fall in the first place. 
It was none other than Seungkwan. "Up up princess! Jisoo hyung, we have to decide who will be going with you guys today!"
I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at Joshua oppa who stretched. "The other guys are so eager to go on a date with you, so we wanted to pick another person to go with us today." he smiled, "That's okay, right?"
I shrugged. "Yeah, sure. It doesn't really bother me."
Seungkwan grinned. "Alrighty then!" he pulled the dreaded bowl from behind his back and ed it towards me. "Go ahead and pick, Haneul."
I rolled my eyes and plunged my hand into the bowl, rustling the papers before choosing a very neatly folded one from the bottom."
I opened it carefully before letting out a laugh, upon seeing the name that greeted me,
"Junghan oppa."
Seungkwan frowned and smacked the door post. "Dang it, I thought it'd be me." 
With an exasperated sigh, he called down the hall. "Guys, it's Junghannie hyung!"
A chorus of groans and complaints followed, as one excited "Woohoo!" rang over them. Seungkwan shook his head. "Well, I guess we can't change that."
He leaned down to grab Joshua oppa's hand. "Come on, let's leave for the princess to get ready." 
Joshua oppa gathered his blankets and smiled. "See you in a bit."
Seungkwan scoffed. "It's not like you guys aren't going to see each other in like 10 minutes, or anything." 
Joshua oppa laughed and slung his arm around Seungkwan's shoulder. "It's okay, Seungkwan. No need to be bitter."
"I'm not bitter!" Seungkwan retorted as the pair walked out, closing the door behind them. I smiled and stared at my wall of pictures. 
"Hm. Maybe living with them isn't so bad after all."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
As soon as I walked downstairs, I could hear the commotion downstairs. 
"Umma, I want a chance too!"
"Why do we have to wait so longggggg~" 
My mother laughed heartily as 10 boys surrounded her, with puppy eyes. She clapped her hands. "Okay how about we make a compromise." she cleared . "How about you guys start going on dates as pairs?" she suggested. Silence filled the room for a moment.
"That sounds good." Jihoon oppa called from the kitchen counter, where he continued to compose. The rest of the guys yelled at him, in disapproval.
"Easy for you to say!"
"WOW. That's so unfair!"
"Jihoon hyung, you're so lucky."
I stifled a laugh. "Well, there's 13 of you guys anyways, someone would have had to go with me alone." 
Seungcheol oppa sighed. "She's right." he turned to my mom and nodded. "Double dates sounds like a good compromise." 
She returned the gesture with a firm nod. "Good." she winked at me. I laughed in response.
I felt a hand on both of my shoulder. Turning, I looked to see Junghan oppa on one side and Joshua oppa on the other side. 
"Ready to go?" Junghan oppa asked. I smiled with a nod. Joshua oppa grabbed a pair of keys off the counter. "We'll be safe, umma!" he called to my mother. The three of us waved goodbye, leaving the house, which began with complaints again. Junghan oppa closed the door behind us. 
"Wait." I stopped in my tracks and looked at the keys that were in Joshua oppa's hands. "Driving?"
Junghan oppa laughed loudly and patted my head. "Don't worry, Jisoo's driving is much better than Seungcheol's."
Joshua oppa widened his eyes. "Oh gosh, did she already ride with Seungcheol?"
The other nodded. "First thing after she landed."
Joshua oppa punched Junghan oppa. "You should've driven, idiot. What if Seungcheol crashed?"
Junghan oppa looked at my face and chuckled. "Look, we're scaring her. Stop." he patted my head again before gesturing towards the passenger seat. 
"In you go."
I tilted my head. "You don't want shotgun?"
He shook his head. "Nah. But make sure you turn on some good music, okay?" he smiled and sat in the back of the Jeep. I nodded. 
"Will do."
Joshua oppa leaned over and brushed my hair away from my ear. "He has a tendency to judge people on their taste of music." he whispered with a soft laugh. 
I froze for a moment, taken aback by his sudden action, but nodded. "A-alright."
I turned to Junghan oppa who looked at me expectantly. "What kind of music are you feeling right now?" I asked slowly. He tapped his lip with his index finger. 
"I'm feeling...something on the quieter side. Indie, maybe? But preferably upbeat?" he nodded. I smiled. "Ooh, I love Indie music. Sounds good."
I stuck the aux cord into my phone and shuffled through my music.
"This is one of my favorite songs." I stated as I pressed the play button. As the song filled the car speakers, I stared out the window contently.
One thing I noticed, was how different Junghan oppa acted with Joshua oppa in comparison to Seungcheol oppa. While Seungcheol oppa and him messed around a lot and joked, Junghan oppa seemed to have this peace around Joshua oppa. Not bad, of course. But really interesting.
I felt the car come to stop. "Here already?" I asked in disbelief. Joshua oppa laughed.
"Nope, just a pit stop." 
Junghan oppa pressed the button to undo my seatbeat before grinning at me. "Let's go princess."
I found myself walking into a cafe that was extremely empty. The smell of the fresh coffee was wonderful, nevertheless. 
"Since we didn't have breakfast yet, we can eat here." Junghan oppa said as he tied back his hair. I stared as he nonchalantly disappeared into the kitchen. Joshua oppa walked around, looking aroung at the different breads and food, as if nothing happened. "Come pick, Skyler."
I pointed towards the spot where Junghan oppa was. "Did..did he just...?"
"Ah, his parents own this cafe chain, and he just happens to be close to the owners of this particular store." he smiled at me. "Actually, this is where he works."
I widened my eyes. "He's..he's an heir?"
Junghan oppa snorted from behind the counter. "Hardly. It's not that big of a chain. Plus, look around, it's not even popular."
I blinked before looking at Joshua oppa who rolled his eyes playfully. "He's just saying that. It's usually packed," he checked his watch. "But since we're here an hour before it actually opens, it makes sense, right?" 
Junghan oppa looked at Joshua oppa, unamused. Joshua oppa shook his head. "Just tell her the truth, Junghan."
Junghan oppa sighed with a wave of his hand. "Yes, he's right."
I smiled. "Wow, that's really cool!" I glanced at him, "Does that mean you'll be making coffee for us?"
He gave me a thumbs up. "Go ahead and grab something to eat too."
Joshua oppa and I grabbed a couple items while Junghan oppa finished our drinks. As we sat down, the two oppas sat across from me and looked at me observantly.
"So, what's something that you really want to see?" Joshua oppa asked as he took a sip. I hummed. 
"Honestly...Namsan Tower." I grinned sheepishly. "I know, it's so tourist-y of me." 
Junghan oppa laughed. "No, that's totally normal! Everyone should go to Namsan at least once." He nodded. "Once we finish breakfast, we can go." 
I clapped my hands. "Sounds great."
We continued to eat breakfast, making small talk until the food, and coffee was gone. As Junghan oppa began to clean up, Joshua oppa stood up. "Hey, I'll be right back." he patted Junghan's back before hurrying out the door. 
Right at that moment, people who I assumed were the owners, came out from the kitchen and greeted me. "Hello! You must be Junghan's girlfriend!" the young couple said brightly. I looked at Junghan oppa, who seemed unfazed.  "I..um..." I began.
"Yup, she's the one." he smiled and pulled me closer. I widened my eyes and looked up at him. The girl gasped. "Oh my gosh, really! IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU BROUGHT HER HERE!"
I opened my mouth to protest, but Junghan oppa beat me to it instead.
"Noona, this is the fourth time you've done this to me." he groaned. The two looked at each other, disappointment drawn across their face. "Oh, so she's not your girlfriend?"
"No."
The man sniffed and shook his head. "Ah, my dongsaeng. Don't tease your hyung like that."
Junghan rolled his eyes. "Okay, I'm sorry. But you guys started it." he smiled before squeezing my shoulder gently. "But yeah, she's our housemother's daughter."
The girl brightened. "Ah! Haeyoung eemo's daughter!" she pulled me into a hug. "So nice to meet you! Your mom is the best. She always comes by here." she nodded before looking at her significant other. "If you're looking for a job, you're always welcome here! I'm guessing you're a college student?"
I nodded. "I will be, this coming March."
The older guy smiled. "Alright, just let us know, if you need the job offer." they both gave me a thumbs up. Junghan oppa poked me. 
"Hey, then you can work with me." he grinned. I nodded. "I'd definitely be up to that." 
The girl cheered. "Awesome! I'm Minah, and this is my husband Junhyung. You can call me unnie and him oppa, if you so please. " she smiled. "We look forward to working with you!"
Right then, Joshua oppa walked in breathless. "Back."
Minah unnie and Junhyung oppa waved at Joshua before glancing at the clock. "Looks like we're opening up soon. Thanks for coming! Have fun today." the couple said their goodbyes before disappearing into the back. Junghan sighed. "Excuse them."
"It's fine," I replied with a laugh before looking towards Joshua oppa. "Are we ready to go?"
He nodded. "Yeah, let's get a move on."
We drove again for a good ten minutes before we pulled into the parking lot outside the tower. As we stepped out, I stared at the entrance. 
"So," Junghan oppa rubbed his hands together. "We can walk up the stairs, or ride the cable car up. What do you prefer?"
I looked at him pointedly. "Stairs, obviously."
Joshua oppa coughed, choking on the water he was drinking. I laughed. "It was a joke. Definitely the cable car."
"Good." Junghan oppa shuddered. "Climbed up once. Never again."
We boarded the cable cars, which were filled with couples. I attempted to focus on the view, but it was relatively hard. When we finally reached the top. I sighed in relief.
" You okay?" Joshua oppa asked. 
"Yeah, just not exactly fond of all this.." I mumbled as I gestured towards the couples that exited before us. Junghan oppa chuckled. "You'll get use to it." he pushed me gently. "Now let's get a move on. We said we'd bring you home before lunch."
I frowned. "Why so early? It's only like, 8:30." 
"Your mother just told us to do so." Joshua oppa shrugged. "That's all she said."
I pursed my lips. "Fair enough."
We made our way towards the top of the tower, where many bright colored locks resided. 
"Wow, this is so cute." I marveled at the variety of locks and the messages that were written on it. "It is isn't it, Jisoo?" Junghan oppa said loudly. I blinked at looked over at them both, as they both held locks in one hand and a marker in the other. I widened my eyes. "You didn't."
"But we did." Joshua oppa grinned and pulled me over. "It's a must, Skyler."
All three of us wrote on the locks before finding space to secure them. Once we finished, both oppas handed me the keys. "Now make a wish and throw the key away." Junghan oppa urged. I laughed before staring at the beautiful view and silently making my wish. After a couple moments, I threw the keys down with a smile. 
When I turned back towards them, they looked at me expectantly. 
"What'd you wish for?" Joshua oppa asked. Junghan oppa smacked him. "You're not supposed to ask that."
"True. If I tell you, it won't come true." I agreed. Joshua oppa made a face. "Ah, right right. My bad."
Junghan oppa pressed his palms together. "Well, let's walk away before I start getting curious too!"
"Good idea." Joshua oppa steered me away. "Wow, look at all these pretty trees!" he digressed. With a laugh, I followed before glancing behind me, easily spotting the two turquoise locks from afar.
I wish that we could all be happy...that I'd be able to truly get along with each and every one of them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
authors note:
SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!
lol mean girls reference ftw. 
I truly apologize for neglecting this story.
It's been a bit hard, but thanks to all of you, I felt motivated to start writing again!
I love all your comments and I sincerely thank you for all your support~
hope the chapter didn't disappoint, and I'll definitely try to update more often <3
thanks again, and much love to you all!
have a blessed one ^^