Chapter Three: 13 Dates, 15 minutes.

The Boys Next Door

Dinner was a flurry of greetings, good food, and many laughs. Within the short amount of time, I was able to figure out that as my father said, all the guys were well mannered and kind-hearted (even Pink hair). Each and every one of them showed respect to my father while being really sweet to my mother. And for the first time this evening, I surprised myself by thinking that I was rather happy that I had been apart from my parents. My parents were able to gain 13 extremely loving sons in that time. 
Of course, this didn't mean I was able to learn all their names yet.
I still had no idea about the names of Pink hair and approximately 5 others, while also mixing up the names of our two Chinese exchange students. My head hurt when Seungcheol oppa, being the eldest, tried to introduce everyone to me in one sitting. Because of this, Junghan oppa told me he would help me out after dinner.
I, along with my mother, was not allowed into the kitchen after dinner because the guys already decided to do dishes for tonight. So, in similarity to pre-dinner, I was led by another guy, to my room and was told to relax until they called for me. This guy, had a rather unpleasant expression across his face as he led me up to my room. He simply introduced himself as Won-something (the second half was mumbled) before quietly taking me to my room. He didn't talk much, and he averted his eyes towards everything except my face.
"You really didn't have to take me back to my room,"I coughed, causing him to flinch slightly. "But thank you anyways."
"Oh, it's not a problem." he mumbled with a slight smile. I nodded before opening the door and scanning my wall frantically for a name. 
"So...Wonwoo? Do you know what Junghan oppa is planning?" I asked. He shook his head. "No, not really. He's pretty spontaneous when it comes to things like these." 
I hummed softly. "Is that so?"
Another awkward silence hung around us until Wonwoo pointed towards my room. "Go ahead and wait a bit. I'll make sure someone comes to get you when we're ready."
He nodded quickly before rushing away. I blinked before re-entering my room. Slightly worried about what Junghan oppa was planning, I paced around my room. Although I only met him a few hours ago, it wasn't hard to tell that he could be a bit mischievous, regardless of his 'angelic' appearance. AND especially when he had Seungcheol oppa by his side.
A few moments passed before I heard a knock on the door. 
Before I could even get to it, the door opened and Junghan oppa himself came in, grabbing my arm. 
"We have no time to waste Haneul, let's do this?"
"Wait, what exactly is it that we're doing?" I asked as I was pulled along recklessly. As I looked at Junghan oppa's face, a smirk appeared, a sparkle of mischief in his eyes. I sighed, allowing him to do as he pleased. 
When we arrived back to the living room, there was a single seat placed in the middle and all other guys were nowhere to be seen. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to Junghan oppa.
"What..."
"Welcome to our first event with the Princess," Seungkwan abruptly came out of nowhere and put his hand over his mouth. "I'm sorry, our first event with Haneul." he gave me a knowing look before grabbing my arms and ushering me into the seat. "I am your MC for the night, MC Boo."
Oh, so that's why he's called MC Boo.
I eyed the mini microphone in his hand. "Is this common in our household?" I asked. He nodded. "Why yes, it is."
I glanced to the side where my mother watched as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I watched wide eyed, impressed that within that short amount of time, he managed to have legitimate cue cards. 
"So, we will be starting off our speed dating session with our eldest hyung, the charismatic and manly Seungcheol hyung!" Seungkwan clapped to himself with a grin. "You have 70 seconds with each person! Have fun!"

Speed..Dating??
And just like that, we began.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 70 seconds I had with each person went by faster than light does. Before I knew it, 15 minutes passed and I had felt as if I just ran a race. My brain felt as if it were about to explode, and for some reason, none of the information I had just learned stayed into my mind. I was just as lost as I was 15 minutes earlier.
"My brain is literally fried." I exasperated to Seungkwan who was now lounging in the loveseat next to me, the other 98-liner with him (Vernon, was it?)
He waved his hand nonchalantly. "Don't worry, it'll all come along with time."
I looked over at Vernon who gave me a slight smile and a shrug. "I'll be rooting for you, Haneul."
"Thanks, Vernon." I laughed before shaking my head. Junghan oppa came over to me and sat on the arm rest. "So, how was that, Princess?"
"Are we seriously going to keep this Princess thing going, oppa?" 
He ignored me and continued to speak. "Did you enjoy our little game?"
I glared at him jokingly. "Yeah, totally. Way to throw me into something without warning or explanation."
He grinned. "That's my speciality. You'll get used to it."
I sighed. "I have a lot to get used to.." 
Junghan oppa and Vernon nodded in unison. "Definitely." Seungkwan chimed in. "But we're here to help." he nodded before gesturing to Seokmin who brought over a bowl. 
"Which is why, we'll be giving you more time to learn about each of us." Seokmin nudged me gently and held the bowl out. I stared at it blankly. Vernon pushed Seungkwan. "Dude, you need to explain it to her!"
Seungkwan clapped. "Ah! Yes, yes." He straightened up and cleared his throat. "You see, we'll be giving you a chance to go on a date with each of us." he gave me a wide-smile. "Of course, it'll all be randomized via this bowl but nevertheless! It's 13 dates with the most handsome, and most amazing guys." Seungkwan patted my arm. 
"That's a little far fetched Seungkwan." Junghan oppa muttered. I rolled my eyes with a slight smile. 
"So, do I just need to pick then?"
Seokmin nodded. "Yup! Whoever you pick will be your lucky first date."
I glanced at the 4 guys, their eagerness oozing from them.  
I swallowed, a bit nervous, as I plunged my hand into the bowl. I closed my eyes and said a quick mental prayer, hoping that I would get a familiar name. I finally picked up the slip of paper and pulled it out. 
I audibly heard as Seungkwan held his breath. Slowly unfolding the paper, I felt myself also holding my breath. 
Why are you even nervous?
I opened the paper to see, unfortunately, an unfamiliar name. "L-Lee Jihoon?" I stammered out. Seokmin, Junghan oppa, Vernon, and Seungkwan all looked at each other, wide eyed and holding back what seemed to be their laughs. 
"What?" I demanded. "Who..who is that again?"
"Uh..that'd be me." 
Oh. I definitely knew that voice. 
I turned around, and sure enough, Pink Hair raised his hand from the kitchen, an unpleasant expression obviously planted on his face. I slightly narrowed my eyes. "Just wondering, are these dates willingly carried out, or are they forced?"
Seungkwan laughed loudly. "I already told you we all wanted to get to know you, Haneul. Of course they're willingly carried out."
"Forced." I heard a cough from the kitchen. Sighing, I picked myself off the couch and made myself to Pink Hair. Sticking out my hand, I cleared my throat. "Nice to meet you..Jihoon...oppa? Uh..let's get along please." 
Pink hair took my hand and gave it a loose shake. "Nice to meet you too, Princess Haneul." he said succinctly before turning back to the papers in front of him. I blinked and turned back to the others who seemed rather entertained by our interactions. I frowned as they motioned for me to come back. 
"I told you he wasn't good with girls." Junghan oppa laughed.
"I can still hear you!"
I groaned. "How am I supposed to interact with him then."
Seokmin smiled. "Just because he's not good with girls doesn't mean he's not a good person. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun."
Vernon tilted his head. "We'll have to wait and see."
"But for the mean time, you might want to head up and get ready for bed. Sound good?" Seungkwan gave me a thumbs up. I mirrored his action before leaning towards Seungkwan. 
"This is really random, but are any of your rooms near mine?" I asked, glancing nervously down seemingly endless hallway. Seungkwan shook his head. "Not really. You know how when you go up the stairs and there's right or left? You have the two rooms on the left side to yourself, while us guys have 4 rooms on the right side and the 2 rooms in the attic. Technically speaking, your room is on the other side of the house. So we're more like next door neighbors, rather than actually house mates." he shrugged. "Why, is that a problem?" he raised his eyebrows teasingly. "Do you want me by your side?" 
Vernon gagged from the side. "Ugh, Seungkwan. Please."
"Yeah, if it's anyone she wants to accompany here, it'd be me." Seokmin dramatically flailed his arms. Junghan oppa pushed Seokmin out of the way. 
"He means me."
Laughing, I shook my head. "No, for now, I think I'm good." I stuck out my tongue. "But thanks anyways."
"Suit yourself Princess." Junghan sighed loudly. 
"Goodnight everyone. And thank you for helping me today." I nodded. They all gave me a bright smile. "Goodnight Haneul."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2:31.
The first night was always hard. Regardless of where I went, whether it be a camp, an extended sleepover, or a retreat, I could almost never sleep comfortably the first night.
 This situation was no different. I continued to toss and turn throughout the night, and I couldn't even function properly. Maybe it was because of jetlag, or maybe it was homesickness, but whatever it was, it was preventing me from sleep. I slowly sat up from my bed and exhaled slowly. I massaged my temples, the feeling of a migraine rising into my head. I sighed and rose from the bed, blindly taking the handle of my door and pulling it open. I hummed softly, trying to disregard the eerie atmosphere I felt. I grasped the wall for support, as I felt my heart beating quicker than earlier.
What is wrong with me?
I clutched my head as I managed to make my way a couple steps away from the staircase. A chord of pain struck me at the back of my head and I immediately lost balance. The darkness in front of me swallowed me whole and the only thing I saw was a silhouette before everything else went black.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
With a grunt, I squinted when I opened my eyes. Rays of sunlight streamed in through my window, and I heard the sound of an already bustling household below. Stretching, I gripped my head and massaged it. A subtle pain hit every so often but it was nothing serious. I yawned softly before rolling over and looking around my room. Quietness. Peacefulness.
It wasn't until I got up and tripped when I realized that quietness and peacefulness wasn't the only thing that my room contained.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
author's note:
what ever could it be? teehee~ just wait and see.
Thank you so much, subbers and commenters! I absolutely love your contributions and appreciate your time to read my story!
You guys are all lovely! 
have a blessed day <3