Chapter Four: Date One-Jihoon

The Boys Next Door

"What the--" I stopped midsentence as a groan filled the room. Wide-eyed, I glanced down to see a slight bit of pink under the blankets splayed across the floor.
"Ugh..."
I yelped and, instinctively, kicked the lump under the blanket. I heard another grunt before looking around and realizing..
I wasn't in America.
Gasping, I bent down and pulled back the covers. As expected, there laid Pink-Hair (Jihoon?) curled up in a fetus position, pain clearly evident on his face.
"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry!" I sulked as I hesitated to help him up. Jihoon coughed a couple times before mumbling into the ground.
"And after all I did for you last night." he grumbled. I furrowed my brow. Last night?
I narrowed my eyes and inched away from him. "What...did you do?"
Jihoon looked at me before widening his own eyes and scoffing. "Nothing weird, you dummy!" he huffed before sitting up and rubbing the area I kicked.
I relaxed before turning to him. "Uh..then what happened?"
He raised an eyebrow. "Do you really not remember, or are you acting like you don't know?"
I coughed. "Why would I pretend." 
Wait. "More importantly, is there a need for me to pretend like I don't know?" I asked, panic filling me. Jihoon surpressed a laugh and clapped his hands.
"Okay, this is hilarious. So, story time."
Oh great.
Jihoon cleared his throat. "Well, let's just say that you, for some odd reason, became unconcious for a few moments. I initially wanted to take you back to your room to see if you woke up from unconciousness but then-" he paused, another laugh preventing him from speech. "You started to sleep talk."
Oh no. NO NO NO.
You see, I had this awful habit of sleeping talking when I was ridiculously tired. Usually I would sleep talk about really weird things.
"You started to talk about the innocent pigs that were killed for the sake of food and acting as if you were a judge of a court." Jihoon shook his head, a smile wide on his face. I face-palmed myself. "Ugh."
Of course, Haneul. Of course.
Jihoon raised his eyebrows. "Should I be concerned about your relationship with pigs, or..."
"No..just..no." I sighed.
Count on me to make an awkward situation like this.
Jihoon laughed quitely. "Regardless, it was priceless."
I groaned. "Were you even concerned about my well being...like..at all?" 
He snorted. "Clearly, if you were in your dreamland, sleeptalking about pigs, you must've been just fine." 
I sighed again. "Fantastic. So that's that. But why did you stay in my room?" I asked. Jihoon blinked.
"That, I'm not quite sure about." 
I threw my hands up in the air before standing. "That's great."
"No need to be embarrassed." he grumbled. I huffed.
"I'm not."
Before Jihoon could give me another one of his sassy responses, the door opened. 
"Morning princess!" Seungkwan called loud and clear. "Have you seen-" he paused midsentence before glancing at Jihoon.
"Hyung? What are you doing in here?" he said slowly, eyeing us with a slight smirk on his face. Jihoon easily read Seungkwan.
"Oh please, Seungkwan." he stood and walked towards the door. Seungkwan stifled a laugh. "We did say to go on a date, but you didn't have to start until this morning." he called as Jihoon walked down the hall. I rolled my eyes and ruffled my hair. Seungkwan turned towards with me a grin. 
"Breakfast's ready." he winked before closing the door again. I rubbed my eyes and exhaled slowly before reaching for my glasses and putting them on.
I headed towards the door and exited my room, making my way down the stairs,
As soon as I reached the kitchen, there was a chorus of "shh!", "shut up!" and slaps. I narrowed my eyes as I eyed the 13 guys suspiciously. Seungkwan still had that silly smile on his face. Jihoon chewed, a bored expression on his face. I looked around. 
"My mom and dad...?"
"Your dad already left to work, and your mom had some errands to run." Seungcheol oppa informed me. I nodded.
"Alright then."
"SO. What are your date plans for today?" the blonde haired. small eyed guy asked Jihoon a little too loudly. Wonwoo laughed before the tree-like dude slapped his hand over the other's mouth. Jihoon coughed. 
"Can we not call this a date?" he asked. Seungkwan gasped before tapping his hand on the table.
"But it is a date." he shook his finger at Jihoon disapprovingly. "You're making the princess sad."
"Actually-" I started.
"Come on, Jihoon. Don't do that." Junghan oppa cut me off. Sounds of agreement chimed in all at once. I was overwhelmed.
"Alright guys. Just let the two be." Joshua waved his hand. 
"That's not even fair, I haven't even got to appeal to her." Jun frowned and crossed his arms. Everyone else began to throw in their thoughts. Slipping into the seat next to Jihoon, I leaned over. "Does this happen often?" I asked.
He nodded in response. "Get used to never being heard."
I pursed my lips before sighing. "Alrighty then." I began to eat my food. Jihoon and I quietly ate as the rest of the guys still continued to speak nonsense. Once the both of us finished, we agreed to meet at the front door in 20 minutes and split. 
And the other 12 didn't even notice. 

"So, do I need to be concerned about your choice of place?" I asked as Jihoon came back into view 20 minutes later.
He blinked before shaking his head. "No, why?"
"The blonde haired...oppa..." I began.
"Soonyoung?" he inputed. I nodded. "Yeah, he told me--" I began again.
"Don't worry about him." Jihoon interrupted. I raised an eyebrow.
"He's my roommate and as much as we love each other, he always wants to ruin me." he commented casually. I stared at him blankly.
"That..that was a joke right?"
"No, of course not." He smiled for a split second before opening the door. "We're going to a very special place. I believe you'll enjoy it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
"This is your choice?" I asked flatly as we walked in front of an old looking shop. He narrowed his eyes before scoffing slightly.
"This is a very very important place to me. So...embrace it with me." he shrugged before opening the door and entering. I followed slowly, with reluctance. Jihoon bowed to the elderly woman at the counter. She smiled with a wave.
"What is this place?" I whispered to him. 
"Well, it's a lot of things. It's a bookstore, a music store, a cafe." he gestured to his surroundings. "Basically the most inspiring place an artist could go for inspiration."
"Artist." I repeated. Jihoon turned to me and nodded. "Yes, an artist."
"You draw?" I asked, befuddled. He stifled a laugh. 
"Yes, I'm pretty skilled with drawing stick people. No, I'm talking about music. I enjoy composing." he explained. I widened my eyes. 
"Oh wow, so like...aspiring producer?"
He tilted his head. "I guess that's what you could say."
I nodded. "Impressive. Is that what you were doing last night when you ignored me?" I asked. Jihoon rolled his eyes jokingly. 
"Please. I totally acknowledged your presence. Don't even." he cleared his throat. "But to answer your question, yes. I usually spend most of my night composing." 
I eyed him. "So is that why you happened to be awake to catch me at 2AM in the morning?" 

"Yeah, yeah sure." 
I stared at him. "Your room mate doesn't care?"
"He sleeps early, and sleeps like a rock. Of course he worries like he's my mother but..." he held his hands up. "oh well."
I laughed. "You're quite nonchalant. Like you don't give a care in this world."
Jihoon held up a finger before pointing at me. "And you're pretty good at reading people." he nodded.
"How can someone so emotionless write music..or even feel inspired." I mumbled. Jihoon snorted. "Nonchalant and emotionless are two different things, Haneul." he shook his head before gesturing to the open space.
"Maybe you need to be inspired."
As Jihoon said, there was a music store connected to a cafe on the lower floor while an open staircase led up to the books on the second and third floor.
"Go for it, let me know if any emotions catch up with you." he joked as he patted my shoulder. 
"Wait, so we're not going to actually interact? You're going to leave me with a bunch of books and albums?"
"No, I'll be here..but essentially yeah." he smiled before walking away.
"What the heck." I grumbled before sighing and turning.
Oddly enough, as Jihoon said, I felt extremely inspired as I read the titles of the many books piled on the shelves and the many albums lined against the walls. Every so often, I would catch a glimpse at Jihoon, who kept to his word and immersed himself in composing while listening to music at the cafe section of the building.
Just like that, the hours flew by, and before I knew it, it was 2pm. It wasn't even me who noticed.
Amidst my reading, a hand tapped my shoulder. 
"Are you not hungry?" Jihoon patted his stomach. At that moment, my stomach growled loudly.
"Ah..I guess I am." I laughed sheepishly. He smiled. "Great, let's head to another favorite place of mine."
We stepped outside the building and began to walk a little further down the street. "Here we are."
"That was quick." I mumbled as we entered the restaurant.
"Two people, ahjumma!" Jihoon called out as he took off his shoes. A big grin appeared on his face as he took a seat at our floor table.
"So...what is this place." I folded my hands and looked at him. 
"This is, by far, the best place to have pork and rice soup." he nodded excitedly. "Well, besides Busan of course."
"You seem excited to have this." I commented. He chuckled. "Of course. It reminds me of home."
I smiled. "Mm. Fair enough." 
The ahjumma brought out two orders and placed them in front of us. "Eat a lot!" Jihoon exclaimed before proceeding to eat his own food.
As expected, it was extremely good. 
"So were you inspired today?" Jihoon paused his relay of eating and covered his mouth as he spoke. I nodded. "Yeah, definitely. Thanks for sharing the place with me." I said. Jihoon stopped chewing before he swallowed.
"Sorry that I'm really lame. I know it's not really the most fun first date but I really do mean it when I say that these places are special to me." he ruffled his hair. I laughed.
"And I mean it when I say thank you for sharing it. I really do. I agree that it wasn't thrilling and adrenaline-rush worthy, but I enjoyed it nevertheless."
Jihoon blinked before another smile came across his face. "I'm glad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
As soon as we got back home from eating, around 4pm, Seungkwan and Soonyoung oppa eagerly greeted us. Jihoon immediately went upstairs (he apparently likes napping a lot) but the two guys dragged me to the living room and sat me down. "So, how was it?" Seungkwan asked.
"Boring? Uneventful?" Soonyoung oppa inserted. I shook my head with a slight smile.
"No..relaxing."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
authors note: 
and that's a wrap for date #1! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I hope this chapter was worth the wait?
thank you to all supporting this story! leave many comments (I like hearing your thoughts~) and continue to support seventeen <3
I also have a new Mingyu X You story called Rain Showers! If you have time, please check it out ^^

rain showers
thanks again, and have a blessed day.