Chapter Five: Date Two-Joshua (pt.1)

The Boys Next Door

I scanned my eyes across the room as I now saw 7/13 of the boys staring into my soul expectantly. Seungkwan and Seokmin grinned at me, a little too happily might I add, and gestured for me to reach into the bowl for another name. For some reason, this made me nervous. My hand quivered slightly as I rummaged through the little pile of folded papers. After taking hold of one and pulling it out, I turned to see all the guys groan. I furrowed my eyebrow.
"What's wrong?" I asked. Myungho and Jun both shook their heads before standing and taking their leave. Mr. Tree and Wonwoo sighed in unison before hugging each other and patting the other's back. Soonyoung oppa's shoulders slumped and Seokmin pouted. 
"What...I haven't even opened it yet!" I exclaimed. Seungkwan stifled a laugh. 
"You see, this person has a very particular way of folding his papers." Seungkwan took the slip from my hand and took another look at it. "So we already know it's none of us."
I narrowed my eyes. "Are you sure you guys aren't just tricking me into believing that?" 
Seokmin sighed and shook his head. "I wish we could say that we were, but we're not." 
Soonyoung oppa nodded. I raised an eyebrow.
"Okay then..who is it?" I asked. 
"Joshua hyung." The five remaining guys chimed in all at the same time. I scoffed. There was no way they could all guess Joshua oppa and be right....
I opened the slip of paper, and sure enough, the neat scrawl on the post-it read "Joshua."
Widening my eyes in disbelief, I opened my mouth to question them. 
"This is what happens when you spend enough time together." Soonyoung filled in for me. I tilted my head. 
"That is so weird." 
Seungkwan chortled in amusement. "But aren't we all. Princess, you'll soon learn that nothing in this house is normal," he leaned down. "Nothing."
I glanced at Seokmin who nodded before pushing Seungkwan's face out of my own. "I'm disappointed yet again." he sniffed before patting my shoulder. 
"Have fun with Josh hyung tomorrow."
I blinked, a bit taken aback but nodded. "Oh..yeah alright."
Seungkwan cleared his throat, taking the bowl and placing it back on the counter, before giving my arm a squeeze. "Don't mind his weirdness." Seungkwan shot me a grin. "Should we go tell Joshua hyung that you're his date?"
"Wait, I have to go and tell him too?" I asked. Seungkwan chuckled. 
"Why not? We can't do all the work for you, princess." he teased before pulling me up from the chair. "Come come let's go."
As Seungkwan dragged me up the stairs, the same jittery, butterflies-in-my-stomach thing came back. Again, I wasn't sure why. But it was there.
He knocked on the door loudly before pausing as he put his ear to it. The door opened slowly, causing Seungkwan to trip slightly. Vernon's eyes peeked behind the door. When he saw me however, he cursed softly and pushed Seungkwan out, shutting the door behind him. I gave Seungkwan a weird look.
"Is that..."
"He's shirtless, that's all."
"Oh."
The door reopened, a flustered looking Vernon now opening the door wider. "Ay, what's up?" he asked softly, coughing in between. Seungkwan grinned and gave Vernon a pat on the cheek. "You're so cute, Hansol." he stepped into the room and flopped on the empty bed. I hesistantly followed behind. 
"Seungkwan, what..." I heard a soft, gentle voice say. "Oh! Hey, Skyler." Joshua oppa waved as he smiled sweetly. My brain had a hard time processing his words, and my eyes had a hard time focusing on his bright eyes. Instead, they gazed over his slightly exposed upper body. (Thank you man tank tops, thanks a lot.)
I shook my head out of my thoughts and cleared my throat.
"Hey Josh oppa." I responded before moving awkwardly to the side. Joshua sat up and ruffled his hair. "What's up?"
"I..Uh, well basically.."
I heard Seungkwan chuckle next to me. I slapped him lightly before coughing and looking straight at Josh oppa.
"You're my date for tomorrow." I announced loudly. For a couple seconds, silence held its place. Vernon looked at Joshua, who glanced at Seungkwan, who had his usual mischievous smile on.
I furrowed my eyebrows. Did I say something wrong?
"Ah, fantastic!" Josh oppa finally said, clapping his hands together. "I'll look forward to that." he smiled widely while giving me a thumbs up.
I rubbed my nape and looked at Seungkwan. "So, I can leave now right?" I squeaked. He gave me a raised an eyebrow before gesturing towards the door. 
"As you wish." 
"Goodnight Skyler!" Joshua called out. I waved back before hurrying out, fanning myself as I did. When Seungkwan looked at me, he burst into laughter.
"What?" I demanded. Seungkwan shook his head. 
"Ah, you're adorable Haneul. Just look at how red you are!" he exclaimed while pointing to the mirror placed in front of the stairs. I looked in and sure enough, my neck, face and ears turned a bright pink.
"Omigosh." I covered my burning cheeks with my hands. "Ah, seriously?" I frowned. Seungkwan gave my shoulder a pat. "Don't worry, it'll become a natural reaction." he winked. Before I could ask what in the world that meant, I heard a voice. 
"Haneul!" my mother called out for me. Seungkwan smiled and gave me another pat. 
"Take it easy, princess." he teased before giving me a slight push and walking away. I made my way down the stairs where my mother awaited with open arms. 
"Hello dear! I'm so sorry that I didn't see you throughout the day!" she apologized. I smiled and gave her a tight squeeze.
"That's fine." 
"Did you have fine with Jihoonie?" my mom asked as she pulled me to the living room before sitting us down. I nodded.
"Yeah, he's a real cutie, isn't he? Very respectful too." she laughed softly and gave me a light nudge. 
"I heard that you two spent the night together?" 
I widened my eyes and waved my hands rapidly. "No no no, we didn't do.."
"I'm just teasing you, my dear." my mom grinned and rubbed my arm. "Of course you wouldn't do anything weird. Plus these boys wouldn't dare." she gave me a firm nod. I relaxed before smiling. "Of course." I echoed. Pulling me closer, she tilted her head.
"Whose the lucky one tomorrow?" she questioned. 
"Josh oppa." I responded, subconsciously fanning myself as I said so. My mother raised her eyebrows in approval. 
"He's a sweetheart, you'll have a lot of fun." she assured. "Personally, I think he'd match very well with you." she whispered. "But don't tell the others I say that."
"Umma~" I protested while covering my face with my hands. My mom laughed heartily. 
"Oh Haneul, I've missed out on being a mother for all these years, cut me some slack!"
I scrunched up my nose. She gave my hand a squeeze. 
"It makes me happy that I can finally be one." she smiled. 
"Me too." I gave her a hug and mirrored her smile. 
She cleared and patted my back. "Well! You've got a fun day tomorrow, make sure to get a goodnight's sleep!" she kissed my cheek. "Alright?"
"You too, umma!" I responded. "And definitely."
"Oh, and keep me updated about the boys." 
I rolled my eyes but laughed. "Alright, will do." 
My mother gave me a final smile before helping me up. "Goodnight, dear."
"Goodnight, mom."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I stretched as I headed back up the stairs. When I turned to my door, I realized that it was, not only cracked open, but brightly lit as well. 
What's this?
I slowly approached the door and pushed it open. I saw a lump on the ground near my bed.
Deja Vu.
When I approached it, it wriggled before sitting up. 
"Boo." 
I jumped slightly. "What the--"
The covers were pulled away and the smiling face of Jihoon oppa greeted me.
"No, Jihoon oppa, you are not sleeping here again."
He scoffed. "Nice to see you too, princess." he rolled his eyes. "And don't be silly. I'm not the one sleeping here."
I narrowed my eyes. "What?"
"Joshua hyung is, duh." 
I widened my eyes, and right at that moment, Joshua oppa opened the door, now ruffling his wet hair with a towel.
"Ayy~ surprise!" he smiled and greeted me.
"WHAT IS THIS?" I demanded. Jihoon oppa laughed loudly before standing and pulling a strand of my hair lightly. 
"Goodnight, Haneul." he said before closing the door behind him.
The sound of the shutting door resonated through the room. Joshua oppa tilted his head, a lopsided grin painted across his face.
"Uh.."
"This is my date, Haneul." he grinned sheepishly."Is..is that okay?"
I blinked. "Wait, what?"
"A sleepover." he laughed, "Isn't that when people become the closest?" he leaned towards me slightly. "When you get all personal, and have late night talks." he gave me another smile before backing away and taking a seat on the ground. "Are you okay with that? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."
"Umm..."
Smooth. Real smooth.
"I already told your parents about my plan, so don't worry about that!" he nodded rapidly. "Is it alright?" he asked again. 
Slightly dumbfounded, I nodded in response. Joshua oppa grinned and patted the space next to him. 
"Great!" he exclaimed before pulling my arm gently, causing me to sit next to him. We sat in quietness for a few moments, just staring at the smiing profiles that hung on my wall. 
"So.."
"I.."
We began to speak simutaneously. I laughed. "You go first." 
He tousled his hair. "So tell me about yourself." he said. I hummed, fiddling with my fingers. 
"Well, I lived in New York for all my life. My parents...left to Korea when I was around 7 years old? And I was left to be raised by my aunt for that time..."
"Haneul." Joshua oppa interrupted me, his hand lightly touching my wrist. I looked over at him, a bit taken aback at how close we actually were.
"I want to know who you are. What do you like, what you don't like, what gives you happiness." he listed off with a chuckle. "A personal level, you know? I already knew everything you said before. Kudos to your parents." 
I blinked a few times before running my hands through my hair. 
"Well then, tell me about yourself." I challenged. Joshua oppa smiled. "I can do that."
​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I stared at the now-dark ceiling, smiling to myself as I heard Joshua oppa's steady breathing from a distance. After talking for hours, being told to shut up by almost every other member of the house, I learned that he loved his guitars, that he had an ultimate passion for music, and that his parents were completely open to his dreams, regardless to the fact that he would be across the globe. We shared many things; from stupid stories, to serious insecurities, I felt as if I could literally tell him everything. It was like he was my older brother. Of course, jet lag still effected me, so although Joshua oppa was passed out, here I still was at  2:39 PM, awake as I could be.
I slowly sat up and tiptoed out my room, heading down the hall and down the stairs. 
Surely enough, the kitchen lights were still dimly lit, and the back of a pink head came into view.
I nonchalantly went into the kitchen and noisly grabbed a glass, filling it with water before taking a seat next to Jihoon oppa.
He glanced me before rolling his eyes. "Could you be any louder?"
"Don't challenge me." I said before taking a sip. Jihoon oppa shrugged.
"Is Joshua hyung asleep?"
"Out like a rock." I said with a nod. 
"How was the date? Better than mine?" he chuckled softly before scrawling another couple notes down on the paper in front of him.
I scoffed. "Definitely. Incomparable."
Jihoon oppa said nothing in response. 
"No, of course not, you loser."
"Shh..I'm getting somewhere." he put a finger up to my lips. I blinked before pushing his hand away. "Whatever."
Jihoon oppa laughed softly and waved me away. "Seriously though, you're distracting me. Please. Go keep Joshua hyung company."
"He's sleeping, Jihoon oppa." 
"Exactly. You need to still sleep too. Just because he had his date with you at night doesn't mean you don't have one tomorrow." He said.
I pushed my glasses back up my nose. "What."
Jihoon oppa stopped scribbling before widening his eyes and looking at me. "I didn't tell you that, okay?"
"Tell me what?"
"Goodnight princess." he coughed loudly, taking the water glass from my hand and chugging the rest down before pushing me off my stool.
"Good..goodnight?" I responded in confusion before grunting from the impact of the push. 
I shook my head before walking back up the stairs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
authors note:
excuse my empty mind.
teehee~ it's been harder to update but thanks for being patient!
If you guys have any requested scenes or ideas, please comment below or pm me.
Thank you for all the love and support and I hope to update soon! 
ANTICIPATE <3
much love ^^