Second Chapter

{hiatus - im sorry}

You wake up to silence. You get out of bed, pulling up your shorts, and find your way the door. The main room echoes with quiet snoring, and noise coming from what you presumed is the kitchen.

"Hello?" you say, stumbling towards the presumed kitchen.

"(Y/n)? It's Jisoo." You see the blurry figure that is Jisoo come out of the kitchen. "Why are you up so early?"

"Early?"

"Yeah!" he says, guiding you through the kitchen to what seems to be a dining area. "It's 6 in the morning." You take a seat at the dining table.

"I guess it's just because I went to sleep so early..."

"That makes sense."

You smile "yeah..."

You pause for a minute. "Jisoo, why are you up so early?"

"Oh I was making breakfast for everybody."

"Oh, ok."

 

You continue to small talk whilst Jisoo prepares breakfast. After about half an hour, it's nearly done. "I'm going to go wake up the younger ones. Do you mind waking Seungcheol and Jeonghan? Seungcheol's on the couch in the main room, Jeonghan's in that room over there." Jisoo takes your hand and points it towards what must be a door. "Okay?"

"Okay."

 

You knock on the door to Jeonghan's room. "Hello? It's time to wake up!" You hear a sigh as you open the door and peer inside. "Jeonghan? Jisoo told me to wake you."

"Okay, I'll be up in a bit."

"Okay."

You close the door again and head to the main room to wake Seungcheol. You see his blurry figure asleep on the couch. "Seungcheol?"

He groans. You go and try to shake him awake. "Seungcheol! It's time for breakfast!" He buries his face under the covers. You yank them back. "Seungcheol!"

"(y/n)! I only have underpants on under this cover!"

You laugh. "Silly you!"

He chuckles. "Uh huh, silly me."

 

It's only about 15 minutes before you find yourself at a dining table full of hungry boys, squeezed between Seungcheol and a boy who appears to have bleached hair. They're all eating enthusiastically and talking and laughing with one other, but you can't really join in. You hardly know them. "You ok?" Seungcheol's voice brings you a little comfort. He's been so nice.

"Yeah."

"I could introduce you if you'd like?"

"It's ok. I can't see their faces anyway."

It doesn't take very long for everyone to finish their breakfast, and they disperse. You're the last one left at the table. You and Seungcheol, that is.

"Slow eater, aren't you?" he jokes. He finished his breakfast with everyone else, but came back to keep you company.

"I guess."

"When you're done, you can change back into your own clothes. Then we'll go shopping, yeah?"

"Okay."

 

Ahh, it feels so nice to be in clean, well-fitting clothes. They've been washed, dried and ironed… ah. You begin to think about everything Seungcheol has done for you so far. He's just so nice… It's hard to believe his generosity towards you. "Are you ready to go?"

You smile. "Yep!"

"Cool, okay!"

 

You walk to the bus stop with him, and before long you are getting off at the mall. It's so big. The first place you go to is the optometrists, which is on the 2nd floor. You step on to the escalator next to Seungcheol. "(y/n) be careful! You're on the--" Before he can finish, the escalator step lifts. Air rushes past you as you fall backwards… into Seungcheol's arms. Time slows. He's leaning awkwardly forwards, with one foot a step lower than the other and his arms wrapped tightly around your waist. His face is close enough to yours for you to get your first reasonable look at him. His skin is so perfect. His lips are red, but he doesn't look as if he's wearing make-up. He smells a bit like green tea.

"Uhh, um, I'm sorry," he mumbles, quickly pulling you back up and taking his hands off you.

"Sorry?" you ask, "why are you sorry? I was going to fall."

"Oh, um, right. Of course... sorry!" You laugh. How sweet.

 

The optometrists is an open sort of store, but you can't really tell much more about it. Seungcheol takes your hand and guides you to the counter.

"Um, she needs some glasses?" he says to the lady on the other side of the counter.

"Sure, right this way."

She leads us to another room with a chart with some letters on, and a strange machine thing. She tests you to see how many letters you can read properly, then takes you over to the machine. "Look into here and tell me which lense is better, okay?"

"Okay."

She switched the lenses for a while according to which ones you can see better through, all the while taking notes. "Okay you're done! Do you wanna pick a glasses frame?"

"Um, I can't really see..."

"Come on, I'll help you pick!" Seungcheol's enthusiasm is encouraging.

"Yeah... yeah okay," you agree.

 

You decide on a wide, light purple-and-black frame. Seungcheol insists looks really cute on you, half teasing.

"Nuh uh!" you resist his jokes, but you're blushing. Seungcheol goes to pay for your glasses frames and the woman at the counter smiles at you.

"Your glasses are going to take about a week," she tells you, "but we had some contacts of your prescription in stock, which you can have half price if you'd like."

"Half price?" you ask.

"Yeah, somebody accidentally ordered the wrong ones, and we've had them for a while and need to get rid of them. Besides, it'll be nice for you to see your boyfriends face properly again. You're a lucky girl... he's a cute one!"

You look at your shoes, blushing furiously.

"Uh, I'm sorry I can't pay for the contacts."

"I thought your boyfriend--"

"He can't. He's paid for too much already."

The woman pauses.

"Well... have them for free then."

You freeze.  "For free?!"

The woman gives a warm smile, sighing. "Yeah. We really need to get rid of them... and you're really sweet. You seem like you'd appreciate them. Here, have them." She goes into a back room and brings out some contacts. "They're daily, so you won't need a case. They should last a week."

You stand there, not knowing what to say.

"Uh, um... thank you so much..."

"Sweetie, it's fine. Okay? I'll see you in a week."

"Um, see you," you stutter, "thank you..."

She laughs. "No problem!"

 

"Free?!" Seungcheol exclaims as you walk towards the main clothes store.

"I couldn't believe it either. She just said I was a sweet girl and handed them to me..."

He laughs "told you you're cute!"

Your face flushes with red and you quickly look down. "Do you think we could find somewhere to put the contacts on?"
"Yeah... There's normally mirrors in the change rooms, right?"

"Right."

 

It's such a big store. You walk around anxiously, feeling a bit out of place after your week on the streets. Everything here is new. "Come on," says Seungcheol, "we'll find the change rooms, yeah? Then you can put on your contacts." You wonder around for a bit more before Seungcheol decides to ask where the change rooms are. It doesn't take long to find them. You walk in to a stall, clutching your pack of contacts, while Seungcheol waits outside. You've had contacts once before, so you know how to put them on, although you're not very good at it. You open the packet and carefully place the contact on your finger. Looking upwards as you hold your eye open, you place the contact on the white part of your eye, and then blink until the contact slides into place. You do the same with the other contact. Whoa. You can see your reflection perfectly…

 

Your hair is an absolute mess. You have massive, dark rings underneath your eyes which stand out against your sickly pale skin. You're a lot thinner than you were before, too. How could Seungcheol possibly think you look cute? And now it's your turn to see what he looks like…