Fourth Chapter

{hiatus - im sorry}
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING SOONER!!! School properly started up again (it was the holidays before) and I was having issues with my computer (I think it has a virus of some sort...?) so I haven't had as much time to write and it hasn't been easy... anyway, Chapter 4 is here now :) I really promise I'll try my best to upload more often than this from now on, ok? Love you guys! Your comments make my day and I honestly feel so honoured that people actually like reading my stories....XD

 

It's been a week now, and you haven't seen so much of Seungcheol. He's been busy training with the rest of the group, so you've mostly stayed inside, trying to find some sort of viable skills that could get you hired. You haven't had much luck. It's Saturday today though, so maybe Seungcheol won't be as busy? You sigh. Mustn't get your hopes up, he is an idol after all. Hm.

You think for a minute. You haven't even heard any of his songs yet.

You get out of bed and walk to the door, opening it slightly. Chan, Seungkwan and Hansol are sitting playing cards with a few of the other boys. They look up as you come in. "Oh, (y/n)… um," starts Chan, "We already had breakfast but there's some left for you. Do you want it?"

You grin "Yes!"

Chan smiles. "Okay come on."

He shows you your breakfast and you eat it thankfully. "Yummm!" you exclaim.

"It's Jisoo's cooking," says Chan.

You smile "of course," and Chan smiles back.

 

Not knowing what else to do, you sit down on the couch behind Chan and Hansol, and spend the next couple of minutes watching the boys play cards. After a couple of games, Hansol stands up. "I'm going to go work on my rap now, okay?"

The others nod, "sure."

You remain silent, watching him as he walks up the stairs. He pauses. "Hey, (y/n), do you wanna come see my rap? I'm not supposed to show anyone before it's done, but I also need advice…"

Your face brightens. "Really? That'd be awesome."

He smiles. "Cool!"

You follow him upstairs and into another room. There's a desk with a laptop, a bucket hat and paper scattered everywhere.

"Sorry for the mess…" he apologizes.

You smile "it's fine."

"Um, this is what I got so far," he says, opening up the laptop and showing you a word document. "It goes like this…"

 

Whoa, you think, as he raps. He keeps the beat perfectly, and the words just seems to flow somehow. It's great. "That's amazing…" you tell him.

"You really think so?" he blushes a little.

"Hell yeah! How do you even do that?"

"Um," Hansol pauses, "I could try and teach you if you want."

"Oh yeah, you mentioned earlier…."

"Yeah! A rap lesson! So you're in?"

"Sure!"

 

He shows you a few vocal warmups. They sound silly and you feel silly doing them, but he assures you this is what you're supposed to do. You try rapping together a bit, and he laughs. "You're trying too hard. Relax."

After following his instructions, he claps his hands together. "Whoa! You're actually really good…"

You look at him, confused. "Really?"

"Yeah!" he exclaims, "Ever thought about being a rapper?"

"Not really…"

"Haha, well, maybe you should. You've got a bit of talent."

You blush, but stay silent.

"Um, Hansol?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Seungcheol?"

"Ah, he went to the practice room to work, along with Jihoon and Soonyoung."

"Oh," you sigh, "Is he going to come back soon?"

"You miss him, do you?"

You look down and blush a little, nodding. 

Hansol smiles. "Ah, well, he'll be back later today. Then you can impress him with your rapping skill!" he laughs.

You look up, smiling. "Whatever!"

 

It feels like forever until Seungcheol comes back. You sigh, watching Hansol working and thinking back to what you did the other week. Shopping, optometrists, the bus ride home... ahh if only you could do it again. 

As if waiting for his cue, Seungcheol opens the door. "(y/n)!" he says, "Why-what are you doing in Hansol's room?"

"She was helping me check my rap," Hansol replies.

"Oh," Seungcheol says before turning to you, "we need to go pick up your glasses, yeah?"

"Oh yeah.." You nearly forgot about your glasses. 

"Well come on then! You need to get dressed..."

You look down, realizing you're still in your pajamas. "Oh..." you giggle. How typical.

You dress and Seungcheol walks to the bus stop with you. It doesn't take long for the bus to arrive, and before you know it, you're back at the shopping mall.

"I hope you remember what the optometrists looked like, because I was blind."

He laughs. "Of course I do"

As you approach the store, a friendly looking young lady sees you and waves.

"Remember me?" she asks you.

"Ummm..." you hesitate.

"I'm the one who served you last time you were here." She smiles.

"Ohhh," you reply. She's a lot younger than you'd imagined her. "Sorry, I- I was half blind last time..."

She laughs. "That's fine!"

"Um," starts Seungcheol, "We're here to pick up her glasses?"

"Oh yeah" she says, "of course. Wait, I'll get them."

She returns with the light purple-and-black framed glasses you tried on last time. "Here, try them out."

You take off your last pair of contacts and slip the glasses on. 

"They're perfect!" you say.

The lady smiles again. "That's good."

Seungcheol quickly pays, and you both leave.

"Do you like the frame?" he asks.

You smile, nodding. "Uh huh!" 

He laughs. "Told you they look cute on you!"

You blush. Damnit Seungcheol... 

 

You get lunch and then take the bus back. As you walk from the bus stop, you begin to wonder again. "Hey Seungcheol?"

"Yeah?"

"You know how you're part of an idol group?"

"Yeah."

"Well… do you think you could show me some of your songs? I've never heard any of them except for a bit that Hansol showed me this morning…"

He pauses for a bit, then smiles. "Sure, I guess so."

You smile back. "Cool."

 

Back at home, Seungcheol takes you into the bedroom where you've been sleeping. You sit down on the bed, and he pulls a laptop from a backpack next to the door. He jumps on to the bed next to you and opens it up. "Here," he passes you an earphone, as the video loads. You brace yourself.

 

It opens to Hansol and another boy you vaguely recognize as Minghao. Seungcheol pops up behind them. "Ayo ayo!" he says, "yup!". "You know what?" says Hansol, and then the song really starts. It's a great song. You laugh as the entire group fall over except Seungkwan, who's singing. The chorus starts. "That's Jeonghan." says Seungcheol. You nod. "And that's Woozi, that's DK…" You nod again, trying to remember. Next, Seungcheol's line. He falls over backwards and you laugh again. "Hey! Don't laugh at me!" he teases, tickling you a little around the waist. Your hands fly to his as you laugh out loud, making sure he doesn't tickle you again. You turn your attention back to the video just in time to see Hansol being carried away, and you giggle.

"Nice choreography," you comment.

Seungcheol smiles. "Thanks," he says, a little sarcastically.

You stick your tongue out at him. "No, really!"

The second chorus ends, leading into the bridge. Wow, Seungkwan really has a nice voice. The bridge nears it's .

"Baby you are my angel…" Seungcheol sings along with the song. You turn to him. He laughs. "It's true!"

You smile a little, looking down. "Wait… you're talking about me?"

He pauses the video, turning to you. "How could I be talking about anyone else?"

You blush furiously.

"(y/n)…" he says, lifting your chin a little, "I really do adore you…"

 

Whoa. You're looking straight into his eyes. They're a deep, dark brown. Time slows a little, and you lose sight of everything else. He leans towards you and you hesitate. Without really thinking, you lean forward and bury your face in his shoulder, wrapping your arms around him. He hugs you back, but sighs. "That dance really was cool…" you say, pulling away.

"You really think so?" he says, although he looks a little disappointed.

"Yeah!"

"Do you wanna maybe come to the studio to watch us practice tomorrow?"

You face lights up at the suggestion. "Sure! That'd be awesome!"

He smiles a little. "Cool."