First Chapter

{hiatus - im sorry}

"Are you alright?"

You look up from where you'd been curled up on the sidewalk, against the grey of apartment buildings. You make out a face, facial features, but it's hard to see much what they look like without your glasses. "I'm okay," you reply.

"Are you sure? You look really cold…" the figure says, clearly concerned. That's sweet. Ever since your parents threw you out, you've become accustomed to the roughness of people. The inherent feeling of contempt when they find out you don't have a job, or any money. It's only been a week, but you've lost so much weight, and learned to be to wary of people… the concern in his voice brings tears to your eyes.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry…" he sits down next to you on the sidewalk. You look at him, blinking. If only you could see properly. "You're shivering!" he exclaims, taking his jacket off. "Have my coat, you're freezing." You shake your head, more out of courtesy than anything, but he insists. You pause for a moment, but eventually reach out to take his generous offer. You reach your hands out where you can see the blurry figure that must be the jacket, but end up grasping at something else. His T-Shirt. Wow, your vision is worse than you thought.
"Haha.… he chuckles, calmly wrapping his jacket around you. "Are you blind?"

You try to speak, but cant quite find the words. You shake your head. "Just...just lost my glasses..." you manage to say.

"Oh ok." A white shape appears on his face. Perhaps he is smiling. "My name is Seungcheol," he tells you.

"I'm (y/n)," you reply.

"(Y/n)… that's such a pretty name…" he mumbles. "Do you mind me asking… why are you sitting on the sidewalk like this? Shouldn't you be at school studying?"

You blink at his question, remembering the place you would've been just a week ago. "I don't have a school. Or a job," you explain, "I don't even have a home anymore…" You cross your fingers inside his jacket and prepare yourself for him to get up and leave you, disgusted.

"Oh," he replies, "here, come with me." You breath a sigh of relief as he gets up and extends what you presume is a hand towards you. You reach for it, but miss. He chuckles. "Here." He grasps your hand firmly and helps you up. His hand is rough, but his grip feels strong and safe.

He leads you down the streets of Seoul without letting go of your hand. He stops at a bus station. "My place is only a couple of stops from here," he explains. Your eyes widen.

"I can't go to your house! It's yours. Besides, I don't have enough money for a bus fare…"

He chuckles. "Exactly, it's mine. And I'm saying you can come. I'll pay for your bus fare. Just trust me."

Just trust me.

You sigh. You suppose it isn't much of a choice, really. If you keep sleeping on the streets, without a job or any help, you'll die.

The bus arrives and he deftly pays for two bus fares, then comes back to make sure you don't trip over the step. So… thoughtful. He leads you to a seat, then sits down next to you. "Your eyesight really isn't that good, huh?" He asks as you squint out the window. You shake your head.

"I had glasses, but I lost them. They've probably been smashed by now, or fallen down a drain."

"Oh," he says. There's a pause before you speak.

"What's your house like?" you ask. He chuckles. That chuckle of his... It's sort of comforting.

"You're about to find out," he says. Sure enough the bus pulls to a stop... and he helps you off. It's a short walk to his house and although you can't see much, you can hear and smell. It's not too bad in this part of the city. "This is it."

He walks you into what seems like quite a big, pretty house, although you can't see it properly. You walk through the door and immediately you hear a cry.

"HYUNG! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

A young boy flies down the staircase towards Seungcheol. He stops. "Who's this?"

"Chan, this is (y/n)… I found her alone, she was cold… she doesn't have anywhere to go."

"Aw, hi (y/n)!" the boy, Chan, smiles.

"Hyung! Come see if you can-- who's that?"

"Hansol-hyung, her name is (y/n)," explains Chan.

"Oh, cool. Nice name. Ah, Seungcheol-hyung, can you please come check over my rap? It's nearly done, I wanna make sure your part is good."

"Later, Hansol. Maybe you can get Jihoon to check it over for you? He's good with that sort of thing."

"Fine."

 

Seungcheol leads you out of what seems to be the main room, through another room and to a bathroom. "Ah, I don't really have any clothes for girls, but maybe you can wear something of mine for now? I'd like to take you shopping tomorrow. Ok?" you nod. You really don't want him to take you shopping--he's been far too generous already--but you don't really want to cause any trouble for the moment.

"Can you see well enough to have a shower? Or should I run you a bath?" You pause. Normally you shower, but today you don't have your glasses to enable you to see while you turn on the water, etc.

You blush "uhmm, I normally shower…"

"Okay cool, um, I'll just get something for you to change into afterwards.. There should be towels in there, okay? Just a sec"

He disappears into the other room, but reappears quickly with a big blue shirt and what looks like sports shorts. "Um, I'm sorry I, um, I couldn't find any other pants with an elastic waist, so this is the only thing that would fit you, really…" You can't see his face, but you can tell by the tone of his voice that he's a bit embarrassed, probably blushing.

"Uhhm, okay..."

"Ah, so, I'll go and you can just, um, clean yourself up?" You smile a great big smile, and nod.

"Thank you."

He smiles back. "You're welcome."

 

You fumble your way to the shower and reach for the taps. Ugh. Which ones which? You feel along the wall until you find one of them, and turn it. You shriek. It's freezing! "(y/n)? Are you ok?" You recognize Seungcheol's voice from behind the door.

"It's the wrong tap! That's all" you laugh.

"Oh," he replies with a laugh, "do you need any help?"

"I'm ok!"

"Ok."

 

Despite your terrible vision, you manage to get the shower to a reasonable temperature, and wash and clothe yourself. Seungcheol's shirt and shorts are massive on you. Even with the drawstring done up as tight as it could go, the shorts slipped past your waist and sat on your hips. You open the door and stumble into the other room. "Seungcheol?"

No answer. There mustn't be anybody in the room.

You fumble around for a while and eventually find the door back to the main room. "Seungcheol?"

"Seungcheol-hyung went to get groceries," says an unfamiliar voice. You feel a hand grasp yours. "Hi, my names Jisoo. Do you need some help? Seungcheol-hyung told me you can't see very well."

"Yeah, I lost my glasses…" you explain.

"Ah."

Jisoo guides you to what must be a couch, and you sit down, leaning on the armrest. "You look tired," says Jisoo.

"I haven't had the best sleep in a while."

"You can sleep now if you would like…"

"No it's okay," you tell him, "I'd rather just wait for Seungcheol to get back."

"Oh, sure. That's fine. I suppose you don't really know where you are."
"Yeah."

 

After a little time, you hear a door open. "Seungcheol-hyung!" Jisoo says. You feel him leave the couch next to you, and hear the sound of grocery bags. Two figures walk past you, perhaps to a kitchen or dining area.

"Seungcheol?"

"(y/n)!"

Seungcheol's blurry figure sits down next to you. "Hey, you ok?"

"Yeah. It's a little confusing, that's all. I don't really know what this place looks like, or what you look like. What anybody looks like. Jisoo was helpful though."

"Ah, Jisoo is the gentlemen of our group."

"Your group?"

Seungcheol pauses at your question. "Oh I guess you can't see us properly, so you can't tell. I'm the leader of Seventeen; a K-Pop group. We just debuted under Pledis a couple of months ago."

"Oh, wow, that's cool…" you remark. You hadn't had much time to listen to K-Pop since senior school began. The pressure to study and secure a place in a good university meant your every spare hour was filled with studying.

"Yeah, it's pretty fun…" He pauses, and you don't fill the silence. After a while he speaks again. "Jisoo said you are tired? Would you like to sleep?"

"Yes, please." You follow Seungcheol to the room that leads to the bathroom and he sits you down on what must be a bed.

"You can just sleep in those clothes, I don't mind. We'll find something better for you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay… Goodnight (y/n)"

"Goodnight Seungcheol."