I see you

We broke up

CHAPTER 3

“Really Min, we could have just stayed home. I’m really not up for this!” I was shouting at my friend who was busy dragging me through a nosy club.

After pulling me out of my comfortable bed in the morning, Minzy has dragged me from a salon then café then boutique to another cafe and now into a nosy club. I know she means well and plus we had a date today, but after what happened the day before I really felt like moping around and overdosing on ice cream.

“Two shots of whatever good stuff you have there!” Minzy shouted out to the bartender as we got to the counter. “And as for you Missy don’t think for once I’m gonna let you sit around at home overdosing on ice cream.” Woah! Did she just read my mind? Guess eating ice cream after my break ups is a routine she has caught on to now. “So sit and fuel up so that we can hit that dance floor and burn it up.” She said with a devilish smirk. I sat in defeat and we both turned to face the bartender who was just handing us the shots Minzy order a few minutes ago. “Good God you’re gorgeous!” Minzy exclaimed as she eyed the bartender on the other side of the counter. “Here you go ladies, it’s on the house” the bartender said with a smirk aimed especially at me, or maybe I was just imagining things. “How about I hook you up with my friend here?” Minzy said before drowning her shot. “Yah! I’m right here you know!” I yelled at her then drank my shot too. “What? You want me to do it whilst you elsewhere?” she retorted and I sighed. “Another one?” he asked with that smirk of his but this time it was ier. You know, the kind that would get your knees all wobbly and all, but I had no plans in being swoon by him or any one tonight. The music was starting to get me in the mood and I just want to dance my night away. I finely nodded at him. He eyed me carefully his smirk, though a little less as before, never leaving his face before turning to fix us another shot. Ow my gosh is he flirting with me? “Omg he’s so flirting with you!” Minzy exclaimed confirming my thought. “Girl,... he’s a good one.” “Seriously Min, you can’t just sell me out like that! You don’t even know him.”

Minzy has always been the crazier one between the two of us; she’s the kind to flirt around every now and then but never gets serious with anyone. She says she’s still looking for “the guy” and therefore after minutes of flirting and she doesn’t feel “that connection” she would let him pass. She hasn’t dated in five years now after having her heart broken once before. But she knows what she wants and knows what she’s doing, I mean she’s hasn’t had her heartbroken in years now and I don’t think she plans to stay single forever.

“Pfft, Jangmi you know me. One minute is enough for me to get the idea of a person and trust me his not that bad.” She smiled at me almost too cockily.

“Jangmi, hmm that’s a beautiful name” the bartender was back. “Thanks” I said as I took my shot and drowning it. “Can I have a name for that gorgeous face?” Minzy asked. “Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai.” I slammed my glass on the counter almost annoyed at Min. “I’ll be on the dance floor if you need me.” I said then turned to face the bartender “Kai” and he just nodded and I made my way to the dance floor.

 

“Time to party baby!” Baekhyun exclaimed as the threw himself on one of sofas in the VIP section which was just right in front of the dance floor, just a bit elevated. “VIP?” Kyungsoo asked a little a surprised.

“What? I said we bawling right? Unlike you my words carry a lot of value you know” he responded. “Yeah, whatever Baek. I just hope you didn’t rob a bank cause with you one can never know.” Kyungsoo retorted. “Yah! What exactly are you implying?”  Baekhyun asked a little annoyed. “Nothing.” Kyungsoo said as he sat next Chanyeol who seemed to be in his own world.

“When are they coming?” Chanyeol finally spoke. “Kai will finishing up soon and the rest are already on the way.” Kyungsoo responded.

“Seems someone can’t wait to get their freak on!” Baekhyun yelled from across the table. Chanyeol shook his head. “I would rather watch Sehun do aegyo than listen to you two bickering around like seven year olds.”

“Yah, I aint doing any aegyo or anything of that sort. I’m pretty sure I’ve out grown that now.” Sehun’s voice broke through as the rest settle around the table. The guys had finally arrived.

“Hi Channie!” A familiar voice caught him by surprise. “Dasom-ah…” that’s all he managed to say when he realized who sat next to him. Kyungsoo turned to the others mouthing ‘who brought her here’ and they all turned to look at Yixing who happened to be working part-time with her at the University’s’ library. Yixing shrugged his shoulder “Nobody told me not to and she wanted to come.” “Yah, oppa you’ve been ignoring me these days what happened to keeping in touch regularly?” she said pouting quite cutely embracing his left arm. “Oh, I’m sorry… I’ve been a little… busy.” Chanyeol said removing his arm from her embrace and then there was awkwardness.

“Oh,.. I’ll be back.” Dasom quickly left for the bathroom not able to handle the awkwardness.

“Oh isn’t that Jang Mi” Jongdae said pointing in the direction of the counter where a girl in a little tight red cocktail dresses just stood up and was making her way to the dance. Chanyeol and the rest of them eyed her as she made her way around the dance floor finding a spot not too far from where they were sitted. There were a few people surrounding her but Chanyeol could clearly see her, she was right infront of him but he just watched her dance.

“Yah, why don’t you call her over? She’s your girlfriend right? I would like to finely to meet her.” Xiumin said eyeing Chanyeol who seemed to have drifted off again.  Even though Chanyeol and I dated for two years, I haven’t actually met his whole group of friends. They always had schedules and girlfriends to attend to. So far I only met Baekhyun, Kyungsoo who they called D.O, Jongdae who they called Chen and lastly Yixing who they called lay. I never really understood why they all had nicknames but I guess that’s just their thing.

“Woah, Hyung so this is who you’ve been hiding from us these past years? It’s a good thing or else I would have done something to snatch her away from you.” The maknae blurted out.

“Woah, no wonder D.O wants you two to get back together; she’s hot when she wants to be. I can totally tap that.” Baekhyun said staring at the dancing woman earning a pillow thrown to his face by D.O. “Yah! Have some respect. That’s Chanyeol’s girlfriend you talking about.” “You mean to say ex-” Baekhyun blurted out.

 “They broke up??” they whole group said in unison with puzzled looks. Chanyeol, who was contemplating whether to approach her or not, finally stood up, making his way to her. “Guess I stand a chance now.” Sehun said. Chanyeol didn’t hear that, he didn’t even hear Dasom calling him as he walked past her. He needed to get close to Jang Mi and that’s all he thought about right now.