Just like that

We broke up

Chapter 1

It was a Friday night and Chanyeol and I decided to stay in and spend some time with each other. We snuggled on the living room couch in my apartment. My head rested on his broad shoulder with both my arms wrapped around his waist. He had one arm around my waist while with the other he fed him and myself popcorn as we watched fast and the furious 7 . We didn’t really talk much, even though we snuggled so close, we both concentrated on the movie. We shared a couple of comments and laughs, and every now and then Chanyeol would kiss my temple causing me to smile but that was all until the film ended.

“Well that was a great movie.” I said as I left Chanyeol’s embrace and grabbed the now empty bowl of popcorn and made my way to the kitchen. Chanyeol followed me singing along to see you again. As I placed the bowl in the sink I felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist, not too surprised, I quickly relaxed in his embraced and carried on clean the bowl. “I missed you” Chanyeol whispered into my ear his deep voice sending chills throughout my body. “But Oppa, I was in your embrace for two hours. How do you still miss me?” “Your attention wasn’t on me.” He said kissing my cheek. I smirked and turned to face him only to find him pouting. I smirked and again at the sight of him being cute and softly nudged his nose, “Aigoo, I never said you looked cute poking your lips out like that.” I said jokingly as I left his embrace once again to put the bowl away. Chanyeol stood there where I left him and continued pouting as he crossed his arms.

“Oppa, should I make you some coffee?” He nodded and moved closer and sat next to me by the kitchen counter. He placed his phone on the counter and watched as I prepared his coffee. He suddenly received a text and we both looked at the screen of his phone. He picked it up quickly hoping I didn’t see from whom the message came from but you had already seen everything. I turned my gaze away with a disappointed look on you face. “So you two still meet up?” I asked trying to hold in my angry emotions in. “Jangmi- ah, you know we’re just friends. I don’t why you keep fussing over it.” He said rather calmly. “You don’t know??” I asked annoyed by what he had just said. “She is your ex for God sake, Chanyeol!”

 Chanyeol and Dasom have been friends ever since he was seven, went to the same elementary school and high school. They dated for three good years before they broke up but decided to maintain good friendship and to keep in-contact regularly since they were good friends before. A year after that Chanyeol and I fell for each other and hit-it off since then. It has been two years since the two of us coupled and ofcource they weren’t just years of milk and honey the whole time, you two had your fair share of downs and this seemed to be one of them again.

“Forget it!” I said turning my back to him. “No, listen to me!” he said turning me around to face him. I swing my arms to loosen myself from his grip. “No, you listen to me!” I said and sighed as I felt my tears threatening to fall. “That’s your problem, you don’t listen to me. You never do! It’s like you aren’t even my boyfriend. Why do you always do this to me???” I continued. “AND YOU? WHY THE HELL DON’T YOU TRUST ME?!?” He yelled. I took a step back surprised at his outburst. We have argued a lot before but he never got this angry. The tears I was holding back suddenly escaped from my eyes. “It’s always the same issue, Jangmi but I’m sick of this now.” He said lowering his tone and placing one hand on his waist while running the other roughly through his hair. “Then leave.” I don’t know what made say that but I didn’t take it back. “What?” he asked puzzled and frustrated. “And once you do, know that you and I are through.” I said firmly. “Whu- what? Is that what you really want Jangmi?” he asked with a frown on his face. I looked him straight in the eye with my tears falling and anger in my heart before I opened my mouth. “Yes.” “LEE JANGMI!” but I walked away and slammed my bedroom door behind me, leaving Chanyeol numb in the kitchen until he finally left.