Remedy

We broke up

Chapter 2

I made my way quickly to my bedroom and shut the door behind me, basically I slammed it. I felt the need to cry out loud but did not want to do it in front of him. I threw myself on my bed and sobbed quietly waiting for him to leave. When I heard my front door close I began to break down completely. My emotions were all over the place. I felt insecure and at the same time angry at him for not understanding how I felt. I also felt this strange feeling in my heart that I couldn’t really describe, it felt like a mixture of guilt, regret and fear; I really did not know, all I knew is that it hurt so much. I cried all night until I fell asleep.

I was woken up the next morning from the knocking at my apartment door. In desperation to put an end to it, I managed to pull myself out of bed making my way to open the door. “Still sleeping I’ve been knocking for the past 10 minutes. Or have you forgotten about our plans already?” Minzy spoke as she entered the apartment. I closed the door and turned to look at my best friend. “Are you ditching me again because of Chanye- God, Mimi what happened to you?” she asked finally realizing how much of a mess I looked like.

 “We broke up.” I sighed and made my way to the couch, throwing myself on it.

 “But how? Weren’t you two supposed to be all over each other? I mean you cancelled our night out just to be with him.” She said joining me on the couch. “Well, all we seem to do is argue.” “What was it this time?” I took a deep breath before I decided to talk, “His ex and… Agh, it’s complicated Min. I really don’t want to talk about it right now let alone stand the chance to be heartbroken again.” I stood up from the couch and headed for your bed. “So you left him?” Minzy asked as she followed after I and I just nodded.

Minzy and I met in high school and the two of us seemed to understand each other completely. She was like the twin sister I never had and was always there for me through all the moments of your life after we met.

“Nuh-uh Missy.” Minzy said stoping me just as I was about to bury myself under ymy blankets. “You know it hurts me to see you mopping around for guys who don’t deserve your loving heart” She said pulling me out of bed. “We, my friend, are going to change your mood. So go freshen up!” I sigh in defeat and made my way to the bathroom.

 

“She dumped you? Pfft, what for if I may ask?” Baekhyun asked while sitting on the couch with his legs stretch on to the table in front of him. “Dasom texted asking if we could hang out.” Chanyeol replied feeling down. “Did she see it?” Kyungsoo asked as he handed him a can of beer. “Yeah. We argued and I snapped at her before she told me to leave.” “You snapped at her?” Kyungsoo asked. “I got frustrated. She doesn’t trust me at all! She makes it hard for me.” “That girl’ got issues Chan, I never understood what you saw in her in the first place anyway.” Baekhyun said drowning beer down his throat. “Baek, I’m in love with her, she is special!” Chanyeol snapped at his friend. “Well I’m sorry, but I’m just giving you my honest opinion.” Chanyeol sighed in frustration and drank from his can of beer.

“Are you gonna let it end?” Kyungsoo asked rather calmly. “I don’t want to but my patience is running out Kyungsoo. Should I let it be?” “I think you guys should talk this through. I mean have an honest conversation about your relationship. That’s only if you want to hold on to each other.” Chanyeol nodded to what Kyungsoo just said.

Meanwhile Baekhyun stared at the both of them, shocked like he has just heard the dumbest thing ever. “You two aren’t being serious are you? Chanyeol what happened to ya?” he said then pointing to Kyungsoo. “And you, you are literally telling him run back to her??. Pfft. Ya’ll gon’ drive me crazy.” He said leaning into the couch and crossing his arms.

“You need to grow up.” Kyungsoo said. “And you need stop giving him crappy advice. Especially, as it’s coming from someone who hasn’t had a girlfriend for two years now.” “At least I’m not a man- like you.” Kyungsoo shot back. “Yeah, the ladies love me but that’s not the matter at hand here. The thing is… You know what forget it cause tonight,..” he paused as he stood up from his chair. “…we bawling. That’s exactly what you need” He continued as he turned to look at Chanyeol. “Liquor, music and women.”