Trapped

The Clan

 

Jihyun was sitting down at the broken-and-abandoned train station when a figure appeared in front of her. She opened one eye and looked up to the figure. “What do you want?” she asked in a bored tone.

Dara was standing before her, holding Rae Ah tenderly in her arms. She can do it. That’s why she’s here. She can’t be afraid. It’s just Jihyun. Who would do anything to gain control over you, a sly voice in her head said. She tried her best to push that voice aside.

“I came to tell you the truth about G-Dragon,” she said boldly.

“He’s dead, isn’t he?” Jihyun went back to meditating.

Dara shook her head. “No, he’s very much alive. And I know where he has been hiding all these years.”

“What does it matter? I’m the leader of the Zaifhers now.” Jihyun looked uninterested.

“He’s the father of Mi Hwa’s son.”

That caught her attention. “He told me nothing happened between them and that he wasn’t really interested in her that way, that she was just a toy to him,” she said, frowning.

Dara smiled. That was good, that Jihyun didn’t know. “He lies,” she told her. “G-Dragon loves Mi Hwa. He made love with her. And now, they have a son.”

For the first time, Jihyun noticed Rae Ah. “And the father is . . .?” she asked, nodding at her. “Let me guess. G-Dragon.”

Dara’s heart skipped a beat. Please don’t let this happen to my baby girl, she thought. “She’s not G-Dragon’s daughter,” she lied. She thought she sounded pretty convincing that she almost believed her own lie.

Almost.

Jihyun stood up and studied Rae Ah carefully. She circled around them, making Dara more nervous than she already was. “Are you sure? She looks a lot like him,” she replied, squinting at her. “I know that it’s definitely not Seunghyun’s daughter.”

Dara thought fast. “It’s G-Dragon’s cousin. I slept with him when he came over to visit.”

Jihyun raised an eyebrow. “Is that so?”

She nodded. “Yes.”

But Jihyun still didn’t believe her. She could tell that Dara was lying and she had to give her credit. Lying to her, when she can detect the lie the moment opened. It was very courageous. But it was also a foolish act. She smirked, buying her time. The truth would come out eventually. “Now, why would you come and tell me only now when you had two years to tell me?”

“They’re horrible. I don’t want to be with them anymore.”

“And what makes you think that I would want to keep you?” she sneered, looking up and down at her mockingly. “After all, I hate you. You stole my man away from me.”

Again with the stealing of ‘my man’, Dara thought exasperatedly. Personally she was getting fed up of this. She just wanted to find a place where Rae Ah would be safe. Of course, the Zaifhers would be a bad choice but she definitely wasn’t going to let Mi Hwa get away. She realized Jihyun was waiting for an answer, and she had her answer ready. “Anywhere is better than there,” she said firmly. She held her head up high. She would not lose to her, for once.

Jihyun folded her arms. “I’ll consider it, if you tell me where they are.”

“We’re here.”

They turned around and saw Seunghyun, Chaerin, Mi Hwa and G-Dragon standing at the entrance, looking a mixture of fear but determined. Well, Seunghyun looked angry.

Jihyun smiled.

Rae Ah squirmed in Dara’s arms. She reached out toward G-Dragon. “Appa!”

Dara froze.

Jihyun turned back to her, the puzzle falling into pieces. “Well, this certainly makes things more interesting,” she remarked. “I thought you said her father was G-Dragon’s cousin?”

“It’s true,” Mi Hwa blurted out. “It’s just that GD took care of her when she was young so Rae Ah thinks of him as her father.”

G-Dragon nodded half-heartedly.

“Rae Ah is the name Seunghyun wants for his daughter,” Jihyun pointed out, looking at Seunghyun.

“So what if it is?” he said defensively but rather lamely. But inside, he groaned. He had forgotten that Jihyun was a lot smarter than he gave her credit for. She had the gift of figuring out the truth, something he truly wished she, of all people, didn’t have. She makes her victims play right into bait.

She laughed wickedly. “This is great!’ she cried out in glee, clasping her hands together. “G-Dragon and Dara slept with each other, resulting Rae Ah. But the only problem was that Dara was in love with Seunghyun so G-Dragon went to Mi Hwa. Everything makes sense now.”

No! This isn’t supposed to happen! Jihyun was not supposed to know! “They’ve been living in the Plaza Mall all this while, for the past three years!” Dara blurted out.

“Dara!” the others cried out.

But Jihyun smirked. “Zaifhers!” she yelled and her clan came out. She pointed at G-Dragon. “Guess what? Our great leader G-Dragon has returned. Only, he came back as an enemy.” The crowd jeered.

“This is going to end up badly,” Seunghyun muttered. “CL, Mimi, get out of here while you can. We are going to have to fight and you girls can’t stay here.”

“No way,” they both whispered fiercely. “Not without you.”

The brothers exchanged a look of panic. The girls can’t be here. They’ll get hurt. They have to convince them to leave!

“What’s more, he’s with Mi Hwa,” Jihyun went on. “And they brought Seunghyun and his girlfriend with them.”

The others began shouting and yelling.

G-Dragon put his arms around Mi Hwa protectively. “You have to go,” he said.

“I’ve lost you once, I’m not going to lose you again,” she said stubbornly.

“Think about Yongie,” he pleaded.

She paused. “He’ll be in good hands with Bom unnie,” she said finally.

That was exactly what G-Dragon feared she would say. “Mi Hwa —”

“What do we do about them?” Jihyun asked the rest of the Zaifhers.

“Capture them! Tie them! Torture them! Kill them!” the Zaifhers screamed.

“Get out of here,” Seunghyun told Chaerin but she just shook her head.

“We run — the four of us,” she said, squeezing his hand. “You’re not doing this alone.”

Mi Hwa nodded.

The boys looked helplessly at each other. There was nothing more they could do or say. The girls wouldn’t budge.

“Seize them!”

Yelling, the Zaifhers made a move toward them, who broke into a run. The bad guys chased after them. They weren’t going to get away from them! Only two remained behind with Jihyun, who turned back to Dara.

“Hold her, and put her with the other prisoners,” she said.

“I told you about them!” Dara protested. "I told you about them!”

“You also lied to me, remember?” She turned back to her warriors. “Bind her, but leave the baby to me.”

“No, please, Jihyun-ssi!” Dara begged. “Not Rae Ah! Please, not Rae Ah!”

The two warriors separated the mother and the child away, as they thrashed about, protesting, screaming, kicking and crying.

Jihyun just smiled, enjoying their tortured screams. It was like a sweet, melodious music to her ears. “Let’s hope the others caught those traitors,” she said as they headed back to the headquarters.

“Jihyun-ssi, please, no. Don’t do this! You can’t!”

“And silence the girl,” she ordered. She rubbed her temple. “That girl is giving me a headache with her silly, high-pitch screaming. It’s annoying.”

She only hoped that the other fools would be able to capture the traitors.

 

Meanwhile, the ‘other fools’ were trying to catch the traitors.

The four of them were chased until the wire fences that separated them from freedom and the evil clutches of the Zaifhers. In other words, eternal doom of slavery.

The boys boosted the girls up and they climbed over the fence. Mi Hwa turned back and couldn’t understand why the boys weren’t climbing over as well. In fact, they just stood there, not moving. What’s going on? Why won’t they move?

“Hurry up!” Chaerin cried.

But Seunghyun and G-Dragon looked at each other and then back at their lovers. “No.”

What?!” they both said incredulously.

“Why?” Mi Hwa added, holding onto the fence.

“They want us, not you,” G-Dragon told them, his face softening. “Take care of Yongie for me. Tell him appa loves him.”

“No!” Mi Hwa couldn’t believe this. “You can’t leave me alone again! You just can’t!”

“I’m sorry, Mimi.”

“Seunghyun, please don’t leave us,” Chaerin pleaded, crying. “I can’t do this alone.”

Seunghyun hesitated, knowing full well what Chaerin meant. So he decided to climb over. From a far distance, they could hear the mob getting louder.

They were coming.

Mi Hwa was heartbroken that G-Dragon didn’t climb over. Having him apologizing over and over hurt her even more. “GD . . .”

“I’m sorry, Mimi. I love you.”

She shook her head, sobbing as he turned to face the Zaifhers.

Chaerin and Seunghyun put their arms around her. They couldn’t believe that he would just leave Mi Hwa alone like that.

“Come on,” Seunghyun said. “We have to go.” He took Mi Hwa’s hand and Chaerin grabbed the other. They closed their eyes as she teleported them back to the Mall.

G-Dragon watched wistfully as they disappeared at the spot. His heart ached. He wanted to go with them, but he knew what he had to do. It was his duty to make sure that Mi Hwa was always safe, never in danger.

He made sure they were gone before facing his old clan. “Are you really going to capture your great leader?” he asked them.

They stopped in their tracks, confused. Jihyun was the leader now but they couldn’t deny that they had once worshipped G-Dragon. They exchanged glances with each other, uncertain of what to do. Should they capture him . . . or was this a test?

“Guys, it’s me, G-Dragon,” he continued, sensing an opportunity. “I left, wanting to find out where the others stayed so that we could take over them in time. I was away for so long because I needed to earn their trust. Did Jihyun not tell you of my brilliant plan?”

They shook their heads and looked at each other confusedly.

“Well, I’m back. So tonight, we celebrate the return of your great leader and then we shall take them down!” G-Dragon went on, pumping his fist into the air. “Zaifhers!”

“Zaifhers! Zaifhers! Zaifhers!” they all shouted, pumped by his pep talk. Their leader was back!

But G-Dragon wasn’t too happy, though. He lied, hoping to get them to stop going after Mi Hwa. He hoped she have more sense to take Ji Yong and leave. He feared for them. If anything should happen to them, he would never forgive himself.