Epilogue

The Clan

Seunghyun woke up, sitting up straight in his bed he turned to see Chaerin getting in. “Hey, how is she doing?” he asked.

Chaerin looked pained. “I think she went out again. She’s not in her bed. And I searched around the Mall for her but I wasn’t able to find her.”

 “Where do you think she’s at?” But right after he asked that, he knew it was useless. There could only be one place she’ll be if she was not in the Mall.

“The old Zaifhers’ Headquarters,” she guessed.

G-Dragon’s death hit her hard. Mi Hwa became depressed and everybody feared for both her life as well as the baby’s life that’s growing in her belly. She would hardly eat and she barely slept. Plus she often escaped to the ruins of the dead of night that now whenever she’s gone, they knew where she was.

Because she was so miserable, somehow she’d lost her ability to teleport. Seunghyun was relieved because then he wouldn’t have to worry what she was doing in another city and can easily hold her down when she got into one of her fits.

He sighed, looking at Chaerin, unsure of what to think. “You know what, leave her to me. Just worry more about your pregnancy and I’ll handle everything else, okay?”

She placed her hand over her stomach where their baby was. “All right, I will.” She looked expectantly at him. “I’m hungry,” she said and he had to laugh.

He got out of bed. “I’ll go cook something for you to eat,” he said, kissing her gently before walking out to the kitchen. He was surprised to see So-hyun there. “Hey, So-hyun, what are you doing up so early?”

So-hyun looked up at him. “Mi Hwa went out, didn’t she?”

Seunghyun didn’t know what to say. So he decided to tell her the truth. “Yes. So-hyun, you know that she’s not well.”

So-hyun looked thoughtful. “Gayoon said that what Mi Hwa needs is spiritual help.”

“Right.” It took all of Seunghyun’s willpower not to roll his eyes. Gayoon thinks that’s the answer to everything.

“But . . . you will help her get better, right?” So-hyun went on.

He nodded. “Chaerin has decided to call a meeting to discuss what to do about her first thing in the morning, during breakfast,” he replied. He checked the wall clock. “It’s too early. Go back to sleep.”

The little girl slid off the chair and walked back to her room. Seunghyun only stared after her, hoping that they do find a way.

 

Mi Hwa stared at the ruins, reminiscing of the memories with G-Dragon. The tears began to pour. It was too painful. The pain in her heart was so unbearable. Clutching her hands to her chest, she willed for the pain to go away. But it increased instead.

She stood up, her head filled with thoughts and plans. She could not wait until she gets to see her beloved G-Dragon again.

“Soon,” she whispered to no one in particular. She looked up to the sky. “Soon, we’ll be together again.”