Playing with Fire

The Clan

 

Mi Hwa hated being locked up. She felt so useless. She felt weak and powerless just like an abandoned toy. But since there was nothing she could do, and because she was so tired from trying to break free, she decided to go to sleep. When she woke up, she found G-Dragon sitting on the bed, staring off into the distance as if he was stoning. “GD oppa, are you . . . okay?” she asked him cautiously.

G-Dragon snapped out of his trance. “Mi Hwa! You’re awake!”

She rolled her eyes. “No, it’s just a dream,” she said sarcastically and he made a face. “Of course I’m awake, you babo. Are you ever planning to let me go?”

He frowned, stung by her tone. “Soon. It’s almost time for my plan.”

“Did I ever tell you how much I hate your plan?” She sighed.

G-Dragon wandered over to where she was chained up. He cupped her face and kissed her on the nose. “Mianhae, Mi Hwa. But I have to do this.” He placed both of his hands on the wall, keeping her in between.

“There’s always my suggestion,” she said hopefully, her heart thumping wildly. She knew what was coming.

He shook his head. “No, I should have done this a long time ago.”

“It doesn’t have to be like this,” she tried. She just has to somehow talk him out of this. “I mean, Ji Yong would never have done this.”

“I’m not Ji Yong, I’m G-Dragon,” he snapped. He sighed, resting his head on her chest, hearing her rapid heartbeat. “I’ve forgotten how Ji Yong used to look like, how he used to be.”

“He’s that sweet boy who would never dream of hurting a fly,” she replied, wrapping her arms around him. Her chains made a soft tinkling noise. “Don’t you remember?”

“You mean Ji Yong, the invisible boy who was always compared to perfect Seunghyun?” he shot back bitterly, kissing her neck. It smelled like flowers. So good, he thought. He felt this burning desire in him.

Mi Hwa recoiled, pushing him away from her. There’s no mistake that G-Dragon still felt bitter about his grudge over his brother. She didn’t blame him. She would too. “That’s not true. I preferred Ji Yong over Seunghyun,” she said quietly, studying him carefully, and G-Dragon wished he could take back what he just said. “I still do.”

They looked at each other in the eyes and didn’t need words to know what they were both thinking. They knew.

He kissed her softly, passionately, caressing her gently. He pinned her up against the wall and kissed her more deeply, not trying to be careful. His hands slipped down to her thighs, pulling them up, wrapping them around his waist. He moaned softly, wrapping his arms around her, tightening his grip of her.

Mi Hwa didn’t try to resist. She wanted this almost as much as he did. She kissed him tenderly, and then deeply. G-Dragon’s kisses felt like fire lighting up her entire body. It felt so good.  She wanted this. She needed this.

Right now, she didn’t care what was going on in the world. All that mattered was that G-Dragon was hers, and always will be hers — hers, and nobody else, especially not Dara’s. And if G-Dragon’s plan succeeds, they would be together always. Nothing could bring them apart.

“I love you,” she kept murmuring over and over again between kisses. “I love you, Ji Yong. I love you.”

G-Dragon just kept calling her name as he touched her gently. She placed one hand behind his neck and the other in his hair, her legs tightening around his waist, pulling him closer. Somehow he didn’t seem close enough. She wanted him closer, as close as possible.

“Mi Hwa . . .”

But then something made her come to her senses and she pushed him away. “No, GD oppa. We can’t. The baby —”

BOOM!

They exchanged glances with each other as they heard the sudden loud explosion and knew immediately what had taken place: G-Dragon’s plan was taking in action.

“Have you rescued Rae Ah yet?” Mi Hwa asked him quickly.

G-Dragon gasped in horror. He had been so wrapped up with Mi Hwa and his thoughts that he had totally forgotten about his daughter, who was still locked up in a room somewhere in the building. “Oh no!” he moaned, his hands flying to his face. “Ugh!” He scrambled to his feet and threw a key at her. “Unlock yourself and teleport out of the entrance at once. I’ll meet you there.”

Mi Hwa grabbed G-Dragon before he could leave and gave him a long kiss. “I love you, Ji Yong,” she breathed unevenly.

BOOM!

Another explosion had taken place. It sounded quite near from where they were. Far off in a distance, they could hear screams coming from outside and possibly even Rae Ah’s cries.

That can’t be good.

“I love you, too, Mi Hwa,” he whispered back, giving her another kiss but a quick one. He pressed something against her hand and she slipped it in her pocket. When he pulled away, he could feel as though her lips were lingering on his. He stared hungrily at her and hesitated at the doorway.

Mi Hwa could tell that G-Dragon didn’t want to leave her. She didn’t want him to leave her as well, but they needed to think of Rae Ah’s safety first. Besides, they will be together again soon after this. No worries.

“Go, Ji Yong oppa. I love you,” she said again sweetly and he flashed her favorite smile before he disappeared. In her haste to unlock her hands, she fumbled with the keys and they fell to the floor.

Just as the lights in the room went off.

Cursing for being so clumsy, she fell to her knees and began to feel around for the keys in the dark. But she couldn’t seem to find it. Panic rose as she smelled smoke. She cursed some more, out loud this time. If only she had tried harder to talk G-Dragon out of setting the entire building on fire, none of them would be in this mess. Frantically, she searched for the keys, the chains rattling as she moved. “Where are they?” she said to herself. “Where are the stupid keys?!”

Suddenly a light appeared and Seunghyun stepped inside the room, holding a torch up to her face, looking scared. Mi Hwa had never been more grateful to see him. With the light, they were able to find the keys (right next to her left leg, curses) and she managed to get free. The moment the chains were off, she felt the energy of her power flow back to her body like an electric current.

She stood up and realized the air was too thick with smoke. Seunghyun was even coughing next to her. The place was burning up very fast, faster than G-Dragon had estimated. This definitely wasn’t good.

“Let’s get out of here,” he managed to choke out, holding onto her.

Mi Hwa sprinted out of the door but he caught her and dragged her back. “What the hell are you doing?” he asked her. “Do you want to burn into crisp out there? Just teleport us out of the building now!”

“But G-Dragon —”

“He’ll meet us outside. There’s no time to look for him. We’ll die trying!”

Mi Hwa knew he was right, even though she didn’t want to go. But she tried to steady her heartbeat and concentrate. Within seconds, they were outside of the burning building, coughing wildly from the smoke, where the others were waiting for them.

Chaerin rushed to them and wrapped a blanket over her. “It’s all right, Mimi,” she reassured her. “We’re all safe now. There’s nothing to worry. We won’t die. We’re safe.”

Mi Hwa looked around and realized someone was missing. “Where’s GD?”

The others all glanced around, too. Everybody was there except for G-Dragon. They turned back to the building, now falling apart as the flames grew bigger and stronger by the second.

“No!” Mi Hwa cried out. She scrambled to her feet, beginning to sob.

It took Seunghyun, Jonghyun and Dae Sung to hold her down as the others watched Mi Hwa struggling to get free so she could go back in the building to rescue her lover. She was too panic-stricken to teleport herself inside.

The wind blew restlessly and the flames went higher and higher until they lit up the entire night sky. If not for the current situation, it would have been a beautiful sight.

Mi Hwa thrashed hysterically as the strong boys tried to hold her back. It was like suddenly she had super-strength or something. But all she could think of at the moment was that she just somehow has to get inside and rescue Ji Yong from the flames. She just has to!

She bit on Jonghyun’s arm, which was closest to , and he howled in pain, letting go of his grip on her. Seizing the opportunity, she punched Dae Sung in the face and dug her nails into Seunghyun’s arms around her waist and he let go before she ran to the building, screaming and crying out to the only boy she’s ever loved.

“Grab her!” Jonghyun yelled, holding onto his injured arm. “Don’t let her get inside the building — or she’ll die!”

“Mi Hwa, come back here!” Seunghyun hollered, wincing, rushing forward.

“Ji Yong!” she screamed in pure and total agony. “Ji Yong! Come back! Ji Yong!

All the guys ran. But Mi Hwa was agile, quick. She dodged all of them and made her way in.

Chaerin watched in horror as she disappeared inside the building.

Noooo!” Seunghyun cried out in anguish. He fell on his knees and Chaerin began to sob.

There was a shriek from behind them and they turned to find Mi Hwa held down by Gayoon, who was clasping something around her neck.

“Copper,” she explained.

Seunghyun ran to them and threw his arms around Mi Hwa. “Shhh,” he told her, hugging her tight. “It’s okay. It’ll be all right.” But he knew it wasn’t okay, it wasn’t all right. He looked up to see the building still burning. The walls kept falling apart. He was sure that the fire was big enough to attract the other clans. He looked back at Mi Hwa, who was still sobbing uncontrollably. He hugged her tighter as she repeated his brother’s name over and over again.

“Ji Yong . . . G-Dragon . . . Ji Yong . . . G-Dragon . . .” she sobbed. She was violently shaking all over.

Everyone looked at the two of them, unsure of what to do. Chaerin walked over to them and pulled Mi Hwa into a tight embrace.

Mi Hwa was distressed. With her eyes closed, the flashbacks started. Playing with G-Dragon when they were little kids; him defending for her at school when she was being bullied; fighting with him over a puzzle piece; putting up with people who teased them for being so close; dancing with him at his prom night; watching him and Dara together; him confessing that he have loved her all this while; late nights kissing and cuddling up together; the time when he held her in his arms when she was crying after her brother’s death; the last kiss he’d given her before he died. . . . None of it seemed real anymore. She was never going to feel that way again.

She was never going to feel that way again. All that’s left are the memories he left behind. Her heart felt heavy. She sees nothing as darkness swallowed her inside. The lights are gone. She felt cold.

Numbed.

G-Dragon is gone.

As she opened her eyes, she looked up to the heavens where she was sure her beloved G-Dragon was at now.

Goodbye, Ji Yong. I love you.

Mi Hwa closed her eyes again, tears trickling down her face, and everything went black.