Secret and Lies

The Clan

Three weeks later . . .

 

Seunghyun had just finished his shift for guard duty and decided to resign to his room to get some rest. He was exhausted. The door was locked. Knocking, he said, “Chaerin, are you in there?”

There was no answer.

“Hello? CL?”

A few seconds later, the door opened ajar and she poked her head out. “Come in quickly,” she said in a low voice. “She’s here.”

Mi Hwa.

Suddenly he didn’t feel so tired anymore, despite the fact that his body was screaming at him to sleep — he had been up all night. He quickly entered the room, locking the door behind him fast so no one can intrude on them without knocking first, giving Mi Hwa time to leave.

Mi Hwa was lying down on the bed. He was instantly by her side. “Mimi, how are you?” he asked, putting his arms around her.

“Tired,” she answered weakly. “It’s a boy.” She looked at Seunghyun. “You have a nephew.”

“Ji Yong,” he said in a hushed voice.

She nodded.

“Do you want me to —?”

“No, please don’t!” she exclaimed loudly, sitting up. She grabbed him before he could leave. Chaerin quickly pushed her back down on the bed.

“Rest,” she told her.

“You can’t not tell him he has a son, let alone you’re the mother,” he said, frustrated. “It isn’t right, Mi Hwa.”

“Seunghyun oppa, please don’t tell him,” she begged him, tugging on his shirt. “I’ll tell him when I’m ready, but not right now. Please.”

“It’s better if we don’t tell him now,” Chaerin said, putting a hand on Mi Hwa’s shoulder to relax. She didn’t think it’ll be good for her if her blood pressure goes up. Dang, Mi Hwa just gave birth!

“Please.” Mi Hwa looked at him, willing him not to with her eyes.

“Okay, okay, I won’t tell him,” he relented even though he didn’t like this. “But that’s only because you pulled the puppy look on me, and you know I find it very irresistible to not say no to them.”

Mi Hwa smirked. “Works like a charm every time,” she said proudly.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes.

“What’s going to happen to you now, Mi Hwa?” Chaerin asked.

She shrugged. “I’m not sure,” she replied, looking a bit worried. “But I know I’m not going to stay here, especially with Dara and GD here. I’ll need to look around first.”

“Can we visit him?”

“When he’s a few weeks old,” she replied. “I’ll bring him down here one day when he’s strong enough to. Maybe a month or two later.”

“Won’t you take us there with you instead?” Seunghyun asked. “I don’t want to wait that long to see my newborn nephew.”

Mi Hwa thought about it. “Well, I guess I could take you guys with me to visit him. But not right now. Maybe next week or so?”

Seunghyun nodded. “It’s set.”

There was a soft knock on the door. “Chaerin unnie, are you in there?” Bom’s voice called from the other side of the door.

The three of them exchanged looks of horror.

“Coming!” Chaerin called as she hugged Mi Hwa.

“Mi Hwa, come back next week as you have promised us,” Seunghyun told her in a rush. “Take us to my little nephew once and I promise I won’t tell GD about it.”

“Mum’s the word,” Chaerin added.

She nodded and vanished just as Chaerin opened the door to find Bom ready to knock again. “Hi, Bom.”

“Oh. Sorry. Was I disturbing?” Bom asked, blushing.

“Ah, no, don’t worry; you weren’t. I was just getting ready to sleep,” Seunghyun quickly said, climbing into his comfortable bed.

“Yes, he was and I was just coming to help you cook,” Chaerin added, walking out of the door. “Let’s go.”

“All right.” Bom nodded to Seunghyun politely before following Chaerin to the café. “So, how are you and Seunghyun-sshi doing?” she asked.

Chaerin blushed deeply like she always did whenever people ask her about her relationship with Seunghyun. “Oh, uh, it’s good,” she said lamely, even though she was really happy to have captured the eyes of the handsome, young man who was definitely perfect for her. “We’re good. Actually, we were just talking about G-Dragon and Mi Hwa.”

“Oh, right. I don’t really know that much about her, that Mi Hwa,” Bom nodded. “Were she and G-Dragon together or something?”

“Something like that,” she replied, a nagging feeling inside of her.

“It must be horrid,” Bom went on, oblivious. “Poor G-Dragon realizing his girlfriend who had his child was in love with his brother all along, giving up on the other girl who might have turned out just right for him. I think that Mi Hwa is the right girl for G-Dragon and he doesn’t even know it at all. It’s a pity.”

“Heh, yeah. That’s a pity.” Chaerin sighed. She didn’t know how she could do this, keeping a secret. But she knew she had to. It’s the only best option.

* * *

Two years later . . .

 

A new member was welcomed into the clan. It was a girl named Gayoon. She was very weird, but very smart. There were a little trouble concerning her but the Deneirees were able to solve it in the end.

The Deneirees were celebrating Rae Ah’s second birthday. She was showered with attention and lots of gifts. Everything was going perfectly fine but the party soon died down after noon, wearing poor little Rae Ah out.

G-Dragon was staring out of the window in his room when Seunghyun came up to him. “Hey, dongsaeng,” Seunghyun said. “What are you thinking about?”

He turned, smiling. “I was just thinking about how happy I am to have Rae Ah as my little daughter, and that I should cherish her as she is my only child.” He really did look happy that out of all the mess between Dara and him, he’s still got Rae Ah, his daughter.

“Ha, yeah. You should.” Seunghyun chuckled nervously, thinking of Mi Hwa and baby Ji Yong. One bad thing about siblings is that they always know when you’re lying.

“You know something I don’t,” G-Dragon said suspiciously. “What is it?”

“It’s nothing.”

“I don’t believe you.”

He sighed. It was no point hiding the truth from him. “Please don’t jump into any conclusion,” he said. He paused. “You have a son.”

G-Dragon froze. “How could that be?”

“The mother is Mi Hwa.”