Heart Strings

Thunder And Lightning

TaeJin woke up and found Ruth in the garage, waiting for her. The two had planned to prepare breakfast for the rest of the house and so, TaeJin rode into town with Ruth on her bike. The two smiled and laughed, playing happily as some on-lookers noticed them. Without hesitation, a gaggle of girls rushed over and asked, “Are you really dating ShinWoo from A.N.Jell?”

Ruth frowned and TaeJin asked, “Me or her?” The girls pointed at TaeJin and then she shook her head, “No, we are NOT dating. What makes you think that?” she asked, very curious.

The girls pulled out the morning’s interview of A.N.Jell and when ShinWoo was asked about a recent photo of an outing A.N.Jell had with Smooth Edges, at the amusement park, he only smiled and replied, “It is what it is.”

TaeJin’s jaw dropped and Ruth’s eyes widened. “That little punk,” TaeJin growled and then stormed to her bike. Ruth followed and got on as TaeJin her engine and sped towards the A.N.Jell home, very pissed off.

***

ShinWoo sat quietly on the roof and sipped his tea. He looked up when he heard the gentle roar of a motorcycle, followed by footsteps and saw a very angry TaeJin. He put his mug on the table and asked, “Can I help you?”

TaeJin walked over to him and raised her hand before slapping him across the left cheek, “How dare you?”

ShinWoo felt the sting and then turned to her, wearing somewhat of a glare before he demanded, “What was that for?”

TaeJin looked him over, “In what world did you ever have a chance with me?” she asked and then ordered, “Get rid of the dating rumors immediately.” She turned around and walked down the stairs.

ShinWoo had expected that much from her. The slap was a bit much, but having been seen having fun with her, he knew there would be rumors. And the answer he gave, though he only meant for it to annoy her, he had somewhat forgotten the public response it would illicit.

He touched his cheek and wondered to himself, “Why did I say that?” And then he added, “Why does it bother her so much?” He thought for a moment and then stood, hurrying to the stairs and down them. He ran out to find the bike still there. He frowned and walked back into the house to see Jeremy showing Ruth past embarrassing footage of TaeKyung. TaeJin was seated on the couch behind them, watching with a scowl.

Swallowing some of his pride and usual ways, ShinWoo stated, “I’m hungry. Why don’t we go get something to eat?” he asked.

TaeJin turned and stood, “We have to go.”

“Then, we’ll come with you. Surely, you must have to eat,” he added.

To TaeJin’s horror, Jeremy and Ruth jumped up and replied, “Yes! Let’s go!”

Ruth, also, smiled happily, “I want to eat meat!”

“Me, too!” Jeremy shouted and then turned to Ruth, “Why don’t you ride on my bike?”

Ruth laughed, “Okay!”

TaeJin looked from them to ShinWoo and then looked away. “You can drive yourself,” she stated, and made to walk around him.

ShinWoo caught her fore arm, forcing her to turn to him. “That would be a waste of gas. I’ll just ride with you and ride with Jeremy back,” he suggested.

TaeJin shook her head, “No guy rides my bike except for my brother.”

ShinWoo tugged on her arm and sighed, “How can you be so bad to the environment? Especially since you live in that tree house?”

 TaeJin turned and glared at him but he remained still. There was power in her glare, especially when she was angry and he found it quite thrilling to be the object of her intense emotion. She looked down and then shook his hand off, “Fine.” She walked out and ShinWoo smiled, following her. Things were going according to his plan very well.

After his unsuccessful attempts to win MiNyu, he’d learned a thing or two about spreading rumors about relationships and wondered how she was unable to realize what would happen if they went out together in public.

***

MiNam sat in the A.N.Jell practice room and sighed. He looked over the contract and also the music he had managed to create on his own. Without a doubt, he was no match for TaeKyung; the one member that was the most likely to survive on his own should he venture out to do so.

There was a knock and then SoLin opened the door. She smiled and shut the door behind her. “You’re seriously thinking about this, aren’t you?” she asked him.

MiNam nodded, “I’ve been thinking about it for a while now. I want to at the least try.”

SoLin nodded and picked up his contract, “I can train you in songwriting and we can see where you get, but I cannot guarantee the outcome you want. I can, however, guarantee that you will learn more about yourself and those around you,” she added. MiNam looked up at her, quite tentatively, and then SoLin added, “Not everyone has the talent or ability, but both is needed to succeed. It’s important to try and figure it out. Otherwise, you will lose out,” she added.

MiNam smiled and then frowned, “But aren’t you leaving tomorrow?”

SoLin smiled, “I’ve been asked to join a program and it will take two weeks. TaeJin has agreed to do some solo gigs, the rest of her band will leave tomorrow as scheduled.” She leaned closer and added, “I want to bring your sister in on this.” She smiled and walked to the door, “If we stay long enough, maybe TaeHyun will come out, too.”

MiNam stood, “TaeHyun?”

“He has a concert out here in a few weeks. If he can set it to when we’re here, then you can see the infamous twin connection they have. It’s a bit like SoJin and myself, just stronger because we made them nest babies.” To this, SoLin laughed and added, “They were together all the time. They learned music together and guarded each other like bull dogs.”

MiNam smiled, “I would like to meet him.”

“MiNyu and you could come to America for a while, too,” SoLin added.

MiNam swallowed and nodded, “I was thinking about that, too.”

SoLin smiled and opened the door, “Write me a song and when you have something, send it to me and then we’ll meet.” She stepped out the door and then turned back to MiNam, “I forgot to ask, is ShinWoo single?”

MiNam thought about it and then nodded, “I think so. He was last interested in MiNyu. I don’t think there has been anyone since then.” MiNam frowned and asked, “Why?”

SoLin chewed on his words and then replied, “There are dating rumors about him and Taejin. I think,” she added, smiling, “she will really make a mess of things if it’s not carefully handled.”

MiNam smiled, “It’s not like she would act out because of it, right?”

“In the past,” SoLin sighed, leaning against the open door, “she would end up treating the guy she liked like one of the guys. She grew up with boys, so, it’s only natural for her to do things that are a bit more aggressive than most girls.” She thought about it for a while and then let out a laugh, “I wonder if ShinWoo will be able to handle her.”

***

Jeremy, Ruth, and TaeJin played happily as ShinWoo watched them. He’d though there would be a double dating situation, but every time he managed to get TaeJin next to him for more photo opportunities, Ruth would say something or Jeremy would call their attention and then TaeJin would bound off, excited and very, overly, touchy with Ruth.

ShinWoo watched them talk and laugh and almost felt as though they weren’t in the same world. Like he watched them on a television screen instead of live. He sighed and waited for Ruth and TaeJin to leave for the restroom and then he turned to Jeremy and asked, “Do you have romantic interest in Ruth?”

Jeremy shrugged, “She’s a very fun friend.”

ShinWoo nodded, “Then take her hand and buy her flowers. I need to talk with TaeJin about something,” he added and then when the girls got back, he held onto TaeJin’s wrist. “We need to talk,” he stated.

TaeJin looked at Ruth for help but Jeremy held Ruth’s hand and tugged her away, “I want to show you a cake shop you will like. Come on,” he added and hurried off wit her.

TaeJin watched them go and then turned back to ShinWoo. “Let go,” she stated.

ShinWoo swallowed and then tightened his hold on her wrist, pulling her along a path, down an alley, and around another restaurant. He entered and nodded to the hostess, who motioned for him to sit down at a window seat.

TaeJin glared at him and then demanded, “What’s the meaning of this?”

ShinWoo pushed her over and so she sat down in the chair across from his. He swallowed and stated, “I want to hear about your guitar history. Tell me about how you started playing and why you became number one so early in life.”

TaeJin raised her brows and sighed, “Why do we have to do it one on one? You could read all about it on the blogs and news.”

ShinWoo crossed his arms and asked, “Why can’t you just answer my questions?”

TaeJin looked him over and then smirked, “Do you really think you can catch on to my level?” ShinWoo shrugged so TaeJin stood and stated, “The best way isn’t to tell you, but to show you. Let’s go to the Guitar Center.”

ShinWoo stood and stepped in her way. “Are you challenging me?” he asked. He hadn’t expected it to take that turn, but couldn’t resist the urge to battle with her again, regardless of where they were.

TaeJin smiled, “Don’t worry, I’ll go easy on you,” she added and stepped around him. ShinWoo thought about it and then followed her out of the café.