Papa's Assassin - Final

Papa's Assassin

"Once upon a time, a young girl was attacked by a pack of wolves.  She tried to tell people but no one listened.  You see, the wolves were from wealthy families that had the power to distort the truth.  Nine months later, she gave birth to a boy.  She hated that child because he reminded her of what happened that night.  Finally, when she could no longer stand it, she tried to kill that child and herself, however that child survived.  He grew up hating this world and decided to make those responsible, pay for their crimes."

He listened in disbelief at the man's words.  He understood what the man was trying to convey, though he could not agree with his method.  "For that, you picked up homeless children off the street and trained them to kill for you?"

The man did not respond but leaned in to whisper beside his ear.  "Put your gun down, Woohyun." 

"And if I don't?" Woohyun asked, still holding onto his gun which was aimed at the three figures before him.  "Will you kill me?"

"I don't want to hurt you," Sunggyu replied with sincerity.  "But you surprise me.  I never would have thought that you were a cop.  It would have been better if you weren't."

"My mission is to take you in for the murders of the ministers," Woohyun declared.

Sunggyu smiled.  "That's not going to happen," he replied.  "Unless you kill me."

Woohyun let out a sigh of despair.  As if I can kill you, he thought.  Even if you kill me, I can't kill you.  I love you.  Do you love me?

When Sunggyu saw Woohyun lowering his gun, he withdrew his blade from the boy's neck.  Seeing this, one of the three boys rushed over and snatched the gun from Woohyun's hand and aimed it at him.

Sunggyu frowned.  "Sungjong, what are you doing?"

"Papa, we can't let him live, he knows who we are," replied Sungjong.  "Isn't that what you taught us?"

Sunggyu took a few steps towards the boy.  "Give me the gun," he ordered sternly.

Sungjong narrowed his eyes at Woohyun.  "No," he replied.  "He knows who we are.  If we don't kill him, then he will kill us.  I won't let anyone hurt you, Papa."

Without warning, Sungjong aimed at Woohyun and fired the shot.  Sunggyu turned his head back, expecting the worse but he was surprised to see a figure standing in front of Woohyun.  The sword in the figure's hand had blocked the bullet.

The figure glanced at Woohyun who seemed to be deep in despair.  "This is why I hate greenhorns," he cursed under his breath.  "What a pain of a partner you are."

Woohyun looked at the figure standing before him.  He was surprised when he recognised the familiar face of the one who had saved him.  This was not the first time.  Now he knew that Kim Myungsoo was not an ordinary school boy.

Sungjong continued to open fire at the two.  Seeing the appearance of Myungsoo, Sunggyu did not try to stop Sungjong.  Woohyun was allowed to live, but he was the only exception.  Everyone else, must die.

Myungsoo used his blade to block the bullets while trying to protect Woohyun.  He drew out a gun with his left hand to return fire.  His shooting skill was deadly accurate as he shot the gun out of Sungjong's hand and landed a bullet in Sungjong's shoulder.

Seeing this, Sunggyu stepped forward to block Myungsoo's remaining bullets.  "You two, take him away," he ordered the two masked figures standing behind him.

"Yes, Papa," they replied.

Despite Sungjong's protest, the two masked figures grabbed him by force and left the scene.

Myungsoo wanted to stop them but Sunggyu stood in his way.  The two clashed swords while Woohyun stood and watched.  Woohyun knew he should be helping Myungsoo to capture the suspect but he could not bring himself to do so. 

With twenty years more experience, Sunggyu proved to be a far stronger opponent.  With a mighty swing, he brought his sword down and struck at Myungsoo.  Though Myungsoo was able to block with his sword, he could feel the difference in their strength. 

Sunggyu pushed further and knocked Myungsoo's sword out of his hand.  Without allowing Myungsoo a chance to retrieve it, Sunggyu brought his sword down once again.  Myungsoo raised his arm to block, resulting in a long gash on his arm.  A wound like this was nothing to Myungsoo but when blood trickled down the side of his mouth, he knew something was wrong.  Poison.

"As a cop, I didn't think you would be so skilled with the sword," Sunggyu commented.  "But I'm going to have to ask you to die now."

When Woohyun saw Myungsoo on the receiving end of Sunggyu's sword, he immediately rushed over and stood inbetween Myungsoo and Sunggyu's sword.  Myungsoo had saved him before, he could not stand and do nothing. 

Myungsoo's eyes widened in surprise at Woohyun's action.  He was not expecting the boy to risk his life for his sake.  He only thought of the boy as a hindrance but the boy had proved him wrong.  He knew the sword was laced with poison.  He could not allow Woohyun to die.

When the blade was inches away, Myungsoo gathered his strength and grabbed the boy, swapping their positions.  Myungsoo gritted his teeth when he felt the sharp steel rip into his skin and tore through his flesh.  He fell forward into Woohyun's arms, bleeding profusely.

Woohyun's eyes widened in horror when he saw the deep diagonal gash on Myungsoo's back.  "Myungsoo!"

Sunggyu stood and watched as Woohyun cradled the bleeding Myungsoo in his arms.  "He doesn't have long."

Woohyun raised his head and looked up at the older man.  "Kill me," he said.  "Or I will hunt you down."

Sunggyu stared at him for a moment before he turned and walked away.  Hunt me down.


The frantic man waited anxiously inside the hotel room when he heard a knock at his door.  He let out a sigh of relief as he quickly rushed towards the door.    He was safe now.

Without wasting a second, he flung it open only to find a small child standing at his door.  Before he could wonder what was going on, the child took a step forward and bumped into him.  When the child took a step back, the man looked down and saw blood gushing out from his stomach.  He stared in horror at the child who smiled innocently at him.  The man tried to call for help but the moment he opened his mouth, blood poured out and he fell to the ground, lifeless.


The child returned to the waiting car outside the hotel and climbed into the back seat.  The woman in the driver's seat turned her head and looked at him.

"I did it," he declared proudly.

She smiled.  "Good boy.  Your daddy's going to be so proud of you."  She out out her hand and he handed her the knife stained with blood.  "Careful now," she told him.  "We don't want to be poisoned, do we?"


He stood waiting as the car pulled up beside him.  The child got out and ran to hug him.  The woman followed behind.

"You trained him well," said the woman.  "Now that it's over, what do you say we have a little fun, just the two of us?"

He brushed the woman aside.  "Our deal ends here," he told the woman.  "After all, I've got all the information I need from you.  You're useless to me now."

He held the child's hand and the two walked away.

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Wow!  This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written.

Thanks for reading.  Hope you all managed to work out who's who.