07. Knight

[HIATUS] Be mine 'cause you're just right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinhwan rushed to the toilet, feeling queasy. He pushed the door hard, making it bang against the walls. Luckily, there was no one inside the toilet- he needed the privacy. With staggering steps, he went into one of the stalls, leaning over the toilet bowl before puking his guts out.

His whole body felt weak. Jinhwan wiped at his mouth with the back of his hands as he gingerly stood up and headed to the sink where he stared at himself in her mirror. His face was pale and murky, and his hair was matted down from sweat- overall he looked like death had blown over him.

Suddenly, he felt like it was difficult to breath- like his lungs were constricting against his will. Ugh, this can’t be happening. It hadn’t happened for a long time and right on his first day of school, he was having asthma problem. He slowly breathed in, trying to calm himself down, letting his breath rate to turn to normal.

He scoffed as he leaned against the bathroom wall. If Jiwon ever got a load of this, he would be in big trouble.

 

 

 

Hanbin laughed as Junhoe made a ridiculous face as one of their group of friends said something about the rooftop being haunted- kids, they were all kids.

He was just minding his own business, lazily picking at his French fries and stuffing it in his mouth when he caught sight of the nerd kid Junhoe had been talking to before walking with a tray of food in his hands.

The pants the boy was wearing was basically dragging on the floor and that pathetic excuse of glasses resting on the boy’s face made Hanbin feel so angry.

He felt a devious smirk appearing on his face as a thought came into his mind when he saw that Jinhwan was heading his way.

Junhoe seemed to sense something with the way Hanbin’s demeanour change, twisting his head around to see what Hanbin was staring at- Jinhwan. He looked back at Hanbin with a raised eyebrow- what are you thinking of doing?

You’ll see. Hanbin smiled innocently, eyes curving up into crescents. Junhoe can see he was faking it.

Jinhwan didn’t look like he was paying attention much to his surroundings; too busy looking down at his tray of food instead of looking forward and Hanbin took the opportunity as the boy passed by. He stuck his leg out, waiting the moment and the rest of the gang whispered among themselves, noticing what Hanbin was planning on doing.

“He’s coming.” One of his friends harshly whispered, excitement laced in his tone.

If Jinhwan had only looked up for that one second, he would’ve noticed the obstacle in his way. But Jinhwan was too busy trying to be happy; too busy trying to forget the problem he was going to face that he didn’t expected the problem to happen so soon.

He didn’t want his first day to go to ruins just because he founds out the man he had slept with was the biggest jerk in history.

The moment it happened, Jinhwan felt like everything was in slow-motion. Hanbin and his friends were all laughing in glee; their hideous cackling faces etched deep inside his brain, looking down at him, mocking him as he tripped on Hanbin’s leg.

The kimchi chige that had been on the tray that Jinhwan had been holding spilled a little on his wrist, burning it and he quickly drop his tray. “Ow—“ He hissed painfully, gripping his wrist with his uninjured hand.

People were all laughing now, some were whispering and Jinhwan could feel their looks drilling a hole against his head. Tears were starting to well up in his eyes. No, no, no. This isn’t what he wanted.

Jinhwan hastily stood up, wincing when he propped up on one of his legs- it didn’t take a genius to know that his ankle was sprained.

Hanbin and the gang just laughed watching the pained look on Jinhwan’s face as if his pain brought them joy. Jinhwan felt disgusted how they didn’t even care how hurt he was- his hatred grew more as he stared at Hanbin’s joyful expression.

“Look at him— the nerd’s going to cry—“ Hanbin mimicked a crying baby, garnering more laugh from the audience in the cafeteria. "He looks like a baby." Hanbin cooed. "There, there" The others bursted out laughing again.

“Really? I think he looks more like a clown fall-“ Junhoe’s words died out when he saw that Jinhwan really looked like he was in pain, lately realizing the limp in Jinhwan’s leg as he shifted. A pang of guilt in his chest spread and he quieted down. Hanbin and the rest didn’t seem to have noticed.

Jinhwan felt furious; felt as if the blood underneath his skin was boiling. He stared at Hanbin with a scowl so prominent that his mother would’ve scolded him. But the thing is, his mother wasn’t here and he was free to do it.

Hanbin’s laugh seemed to fade away as he watched the fuming Jinhwan with a raised eyebrow like he was taunting him what he was going to do about it.

No one expected for Jinhwan to take Hanbin’s cold noodle soup off the boy’s table and they certainly didn’t expect for Jinhwan to dump it unceremoniously on top Hanbin’s head, getting the latter drenched in his own food and leaving the bowl on his head.

Everyone in the cafeteria instantly went silent. All of them shocked at what Jinhwan had done.

 

Hanbin was a strong figure in YG University. He executed dominance in it and was a big influence. Almost everyone that was anyone respected him and obeyed his orders when they were given. He was basically the university’s kingka.

And for Jinhwan to have done that… it had shaken the very pillar of YG University.

 “WHAT THE ?!” Hanbin yelled. “You piece of !” Hanbin took the bowl on top of his head and slammed it down on the table, creating a loud clanging noise that had the students flinching.

Jinhwan stepped back a little when he saw Hanbin trying to stand up, looking like he was going to kill him right there and then but got held back by one of his friends.

“Let me ing go at him, Donghyuk!” Hanbin screamed.

Jinhwan tried to be brave, letting his own anger take over. “Now THAT is funny. Like a monkey getting held back.” He said in sarcasm. Jinhwan turned around and head off, ignoring the looks of disbelief from the other students as realization took hold of each of them.

As Jinhwan closed the door shut, Donghyuk let go of Hanbin, letting the kingka stand up. His clothes were literally draping over him like seaweed and it didn’t made it any better that his shirt was the colour dark green. He could hear a few students snickering among themselves and he shot a death glare at their direction, immediately shutting them up.

“THAT NERD IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS.” Hanbin announced, anger vividly showing.

And as Junhoe tried to calm down his best friend, he knew that nothing would prepare the nerd for what was going to come.

He was going to experience living hell.

 

 

 

 

Jinhwan dragged his foot, wincing at every step he had to take as he head over to the infirmary. It’s a good thing he knew where to go- the infirmary had been the first place he had seen as he entered the building. It wasn’t very hard to miss.

Limping once more, he successfully arrived at the door, knocking at it before opening it. Looking around, he noticed that no one was there. It was empty.

Maybe the physician went out for a lunch break.

Great. Just great.

He did his best to search for the right medicine but thinking again, maybe it wasn’t the best choice for him to do it without a professional help. Seeing a sink, he took out his handkerchief and damp it with water. The least he should do was heal his burn.

He wrapped the handkerchief around his wrist, securing it with a knot.

Jinhwan hopped to the bed. He needed a rest. The burn still hurt, though slightly less but his right ankle was throbbing in pain. He lifted up the hem of his pants a bit, taking in the sight of a blue-black bruise blooming from where he had sprained his ankle.

He let his head fall back against the pillow, a deep sigh leaving him as he stared at the white ceiling.

He was so dead tomorrow.

Slowly, he felt his eyelids growing heavy and as time ticked by, sleep took over him.

 

 

 

 

There was the sound of footsteps outside and the door quietly slid open. A boy came inside, looking carefully around before noticing Jinhwan sleeping in one of the beds. Tip toeing, he approached Jinhwan with a worried expression.

“Aigo, what am I going to do with you hyung?” The boy mumbled to himself as his eyes drifted at the handkerchief Jinhwan had tied over his burn. He tsked, shaking his head slightly. The burn wasn’t even treated properly.

He sat at the empty seat beside the bed, propping his arms on the bed with his face in his hand, watching Jinhwan’s peaceful sleeping face. He looked so innocent.

“Ugh, you’re so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter