09. The Past

[HIATUS] Be mine 'cause you're just right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

 

Jinhwan walked off, one hand clutching at the bag over his shoulder and the other hand holding his phone to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Jiwonnie!”

“Hyung!” Jiwon’s voice rang loudly in the phone that Jinhwan has to promptly distance the phone away from his ear.  “Hyung! What happened?! You suddenly cut off my call like that and you didn’t even answer me!” Jiwon’s concerned tone flowed through the phone.

Jinhwan paused, hesitating whether he should tell a lie or not. If he did, it would be a white lie, right? He didn’t want to worry Jiwon.

“Hello, hyung? You there? You didn’t hang up on me did you?” Jiwon asked, disbelief.

“No, no! I’m still here!” Jinhwan quickly answered. “It’s- uh- nothing. At that time, something had came up so I just-“

“Stop with the excuse hyung. I know you’re lying to me.” Bobby’s voice was stern and it left Jinhwan speechless. “Wha-what are you talking about?” He croaked out.

“I know what you’ve been through the past few days. Nothing good had happened other than misery. You’re so called dream life that you hope for is not going to happen. I’m sorry to drop this harsh reality on you hyung. But you should face it. You’re getting bullied everyday aren’t you?” Jiwon straightforwardly said.

Jinhwan felt anger rise when he heard what Jiwon was saying. His assumption from before was right. Jiwon did had someone spying and reporting to him after all. To think he had gain his trust.

“You had somebody spied on me didn’t you?” Jinhwan muttered low, anger slowly rising but he knows that Jiwon caught what he said over the phone. His words sounded loud to Jiwon’s ear eventhough the younger was currently surrounded by loud music.

“H-hyung, that’s not the point. I really think that you should drop out.” Jiwon said, trying to convince the elder. Jinhwan gritted his teeth.

“Mind your own business Jiwonnie. I told you I’m going to take care of myself, so stop babying me!” He yelled.

There was a long silent on the other end of the line before Jiwon’s voice came out.

“….Hyung. I’m only trying to look out for you okay?”

“What kind of looking out for me but assigning me a spy don’t you get?” Jinhwan replied. He was so angry right now. 

“Hyung!” Jiwon yelled. It seemed like Jiwon himself had burst. “Do you know how much it hurts me when I’m hearing what’s happening to you when I’m on the other side of the world? It’s like I’m being torned apart!” Jinhwan flinched at the word. The furiousness in Jiwon’s tone was audible even to his ears.

When Jiwon had heard about Jinhwan burning his wrist, he had tried so hard not to make a fuss and call the elder right there and then. More so with him now hearing Jinhwan’s getting bullied?! He was vexed beyond point. His beloved Jinan. He won’t forgive anyone who dared to hurt his hyung.

Jinhwan bit at his lips, his anger dissipating in an instant as understanding slowly took over. Was he being selfish right now? He gave a sigh.

“Okay… I’m sorry Jiwonnie.” Jinhwan muttered, feeling apologetic. “But… please don’t tell mom and dad.”

“…Fine… I forgive you but I can’t accept this. I’m coming back soon to Korea. I will be back by your side no matter what. Just you wait hyung.”

“B-But Jiwon-“

“-Or else you have to drop out.” With that, Jiwon hang up on his phone— leaving Jinhwan left hanging.

“What? Wait, Jiwon-“ Ugh, whatever.

His head was throbbing. He needed to lie down. A lot of thing was happening in one day- he can’t take it.

And Jiwon’s sudden outburst made it even much worse. He tucked the phone in his pants before continue walking.

He didn’t know exactly where he was heading. Maybe he should go back home instead of loitering around here like some mindless person and it would be pretty bad if those guys saw him- he wasn’t in the mood to be bullied. But what would they care right?

Jinhwan headed over to the main gate, mindful of the people around him but then he bumped into someone with an ‘-oof’. He quickly looked up, relief flooding into him in an instant when he took note that it was Yunhyeong.

Yunhyeong smiled. “Hello, hyung.”

“Oh, Yunhyeong-shi. I’m so sorry for bumping into you.” He bowed his head down a little in apology.

Yunhyeong pouted at the gesture. “Hyung, it’s fine. And I thought I told you not to add the –sshi, we’re friends! And I feel old eventhough I’m younger.”

“Oh yeah, sorry.” Jinhwan laughed at the younger’s expression. He almost forgot the fact that Yunhyeong could be considered as his friend. Yunhyeong had stood up to him when everyone turned him into an enemy after B.I’s declaration. Only Yunhyeong wanted to be his friend. Deep down, he was really grateful for it. Although, there still remains the fact that Yunhyeong probably didn’t know that he’s the target for B.I’s game.

If he knew, Jinhwan wonders what would he think about him then. Would he still stay as his friend or would he become one of those bullies? He hopes it’s not the latter.

“Hyung! I need to return something to you.” Yunhyeong pulled something out of his pocket and slipped it into his hands. “I forgot I had it.”

Jinhwan looked down, feeling the cold metal surface against his palm. Oh, his glasses! “They were with you?”

“Yeah…sorry.” Yunhyeong scratched the back of his head apologetically, looking guilty.

“No, at least it’s not lost.” Jinhwan shook his head and wore the glasses. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome…” Yunhyeong replied uncertainly. It was his fault in the first place. He was the one that took them off of Jinhwan. The elder was too modest and kind.

“Well, I’ve got to leave now. Bye, Yunhyeong!” Jinhwan smiled at the younger, eyes crinkling up in small crescent. Yunhyeong almost let out a squeal, feeling his heart soar from the image. Ahh, he could die happy.

“Okay, hyung! Take care of yourself!” Yunhyeong waved at Jinhwan as he walked back into the building. He still had something to finish up. Jinhwan stifled a laugh when he saw how smiley Yunhyeong was. Yeah… at least he had one friend. Then it would be okay.

Jinhwan turned around, his mood lighting up considerably after his talk with Yunhyeong. Of course, everything was short-lived because not a moment sooner, he felt himself being pushed from behind. He stumbled forward, managing just in time to regain his foot balance before falling face first.

He heard chattering behind him.

“Dude, why didn’t you push him harder?”

“Yeah, make him fall and bleed. You wasted our chance. He was defenceless.”

Jinhwan quickly turned around, ready to explode. But when he turned around, the people who had been responsible for pushing him was nowhere to be seen. They were already gone and Jinhwan turned back in front, a frown befalling his face.

“Ugh.” He clenched his fist as he stomped his way out. He went home with an irritated heart.

 

 

Jiwon slammed his drink down on the table with a loud clang, startling other customers around him with a fright. The bartender threw a short glance his way, probably wondering if he was drunk already. Of course he wasn’t. That would be bad for everyone around him if that happened.

But still, he was so pissed off right now just remembering the call he had with Jinhwan.

“Mind my own business huh.” Jiwon scoffed. “You are my business.” He grumbled. Jinhwan had become incredibly stubborn the past few weeks and it worried him a lot. That’s why he didn’t even want Jinhwan to go to university. Much less YG. He’s heard a lot from his friends but he hadn’t shared the stories with Jinhwan because he didn’t want to be the one to crush his dreams into itty bitty pieces. Though… in the end, his dream was still crushed.

Jiwon’s grip on his glass tightened at the thought.

Whoever this B.I guy is. He really is going to kill him.

“Bobby! Hey, Bobby!”

Jiwon turned his head to see a blonde headed man coming towards his way. The man had a black tank top on with a pair of leather trousers that wrapped around his legs perfectly, outlining the muscles the man had worked hard to achieve and he had a snapback perched on his head.

“Jackson.” He acknowledged shortly as the blonde haired man sat himself at the vacant seat beside him.

“Why are you sitting here willowing yourself in misery? Your manager has been throwing you mean looks from the side. You should look like you’re enjoying this party if you don’t want articles about you turning up the next morning.” Jackson ordered a tequila as he said, looking at the bartender for a second before staring back at him with curious eyes.

Jiwon sighed. An idol has to keep up his image, something his company and manager constantly reminded him off.  Seriously, what image? Why should he care about that when somebody was making fun of his hyung? His first priority would always be Jinhwan. He made the mistake of prioritizing his work the last time and look what happened.

He didn’t even want to be in this event in the first place anyway. But his manager said that it was extremely important so he couldn’t turn it down, annoyingly. Because apparently, the party held is from one of his major sponsor.

Jackson was still staring at him, patiently waiting for him to open up. Ah, Jackson always was a swell guy, listening to his problem but he didn’t really want to talk about it so he only threw a small apologetic smile his way and Jackson understood instantly. The blonde haired returned back his smile and nodded, standing up.

“Well, I should head back to my members. Don’t be too hard on yourself, okay? Whatever it is troubling you, I’m willing to listen.” Jackson gave a short pat at his shoulder before dispersing into the crowd.

Jiwon gave a sigh again.

When he had gotten a call from Yunhyeong just a few minutes ago, he had been expecting it was about Jinhwan and it was. Still, he didn’t think it would be till this extent to what Jinhwan was going through. Yunhyeong told that he was reporting it a bit late, the incident where Jinhwan was dumped by water happened in the morning. He hadn’t been able to gather a detailed information about it so he reported it to Jiwon a little later than he was supposed to.

After the call with Yunhyeong ended, Jiwon immediately called Jinhwan.

He heard the phone being picked up but when he talked into it, no one replied. There was only the sound of rustling like people moving about from the line. He could also hear the sound of people talking but it was too distant for him to catch a word and when the call suddenly cut off Jiwon immediately panicked. His heart had been beating so fast.

Jiwon stood up, feeling like he’s had enough of drinking. He signalled the bartender, paying him and then walked to his manager who was talking to other managers (possibly about his rotten attitude).

“Noona.”

His manager turned towards him with her eyebrow raised, silently asking him what was he bothering her for.

“I don’t feel well.” She furrowed her eyebrows at that like she was having trouble believing that he was unwell. But she didn’t say anything else besides nodding her head and excusing herself from the other managers.

She took him to their sponsor where Jiwon gave his thank you and appreciation before they exited out of the club, where Jiwon followed her into the car.

His manager drove out of the parking lot and into the street. The only sound between them is the sound of the radio tuning in some American pop music.

His manager right now was only a temporary manager he had when he travelled to America. She was a Korean raised in America.

“Anything wrong?” She asked.

Jiwon didn’t look at his manager as she asked him about it. Because he knows that she wouldn’t actually look at him with how she’s driving so why should he? Jiwon shrugged at the question and she kept quiet after that. Their drive was short, the hotel only being a few streets down from where the party was held and his manager stopped the car in front of the hotel, a sign for Jiwon to head out.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 7.”

“Okay.”

Jiwon picked up his bag, slouching it against his shoulder as he was about to close the door.

“Oh, Jiwon.” His manager suddenly said, halting his movement. Jiwon opened bacl the door and leaned in. “Yeah?”

She averted her gaze to Jiwon, her tired eyes on his own. “Sleep well. And goodnight.”

Jiwon gave a smile. “Goodnight to you too, noona.” He closed the door and watched as she sped away with envy in his heart.

His manager’s family was a few blocks away so she decided to stay there instead of booking another room at the hotel. She was 5 years married and blessed with two children- a boy and a girl. It wasn’t fair that she could return home to her love one and Jiwon had to stay away for miles apart from Jinhwan and his family. Being an idol had its perk. But sometimes he was home-sick.

The short visit he had a few weeks back just made him miss them even more.

He made his way to his room, dumping his bag and then throwing himself on the hotel bed. He felt exhausted and so frustrated when he thought about Jinhwan.

He couldn’t believe the nerve of the students at YG University. How dare they bully his precious Jinhwan? His hyung was adorable and cute like a bunny. If only his fashion taste didn’t obstruct his image, Jiwon was pretty sure everyone would be mesmerized by him— they’d be on their knees for him. It’s not like Jiwon’s saying that appearance is everything but Jinhwan needed a tidied up appearance if anything.

Jiwon remembered vividly the first time Jinhwan was introduced into the family. The first time he had met with the elder.

They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter