05. Pinky Promise

[HIATUS] Be mine 'cause you're just right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my dear readers ^^ I'm back. My co-author is finally done with her exam so....

Here's the chapter that you guys were waiting for  ;) Enjoy guys

 Author K: First of all I would like to apologize to you guys for having to wait so long. I was supposed to post this ages ago. But there were complication (i couldn't start my laptop!) so I had to start over again.

Hope you guys like it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 5

 

The birds chirped with joy at the window sill, flapping their feathers at one another in greeting while the figure in the bed groaned at the noises. He’d usually love the sound of them chirping but the pounding in his head plus the soreness of his body made him irritated. It didn’t hurt much as yesterday but it wasn’t less pleasing.

He flopped on his back , still laying on the bed, sheets a mess and half falling down to the floor. Jinhwan made a small glimpse at his clock, noting the bright red neon light flickering the number 11.47 am. Almost noon.

He took his gaze off and instead opted on just staring at the ceiling. Watching the dirt collected at the corners and the little hole,  one that Jiwon accidentally made during their younger years. He blinked his eyes almost slowly like a sloth, thinking in his mind what he was planning to do for the day. He was this close to going back to sleep when a clutter of noises downstairs- probably from the living room, reminded him that Jiwon was home.

The younger would probably come up  to his room if he slept and shake him awake, nagging at him why he wasn’t paying attention to him. Like as usual. So he forced his body up and off the bed. He slept enough anyways- maybe. He didn’t actually cared at the moment.

He should go bath.

When he went downstairs- already fresh and spiffy, there was no one downstairs. Strangely. He could understand if his father was absent, the man after all had to go to work.

Jiwon and his mother though.

The both of them didn’t really had anything to do today as far as he knows.

Jinhwan sauntered up to the dinner table where breakfast was already served- sandwiches. Meh, anything’s fine. He grabbed a piece and when he was about to continue wondering where the two family members of his was, the sliding of the back door alerted him.

“Oh, Jinan. Awake already?” His mother asked playfully. It probably didn’t get past her what time it was. Jinhwan smiled cheekily, rubbing the back of his neck as he chewed on his sandwich.

“Where’s Jiwon?”

“He’s sitting outside. You should go join him.” She commented as she headed to the sink.

Even without his mother suggesting him to, he would’ve gone anyways. The moment he stepped outside, a breeze blew, sending the trees rustling against it and a few wilted leaves was swept away.

True to his mother’s word, Jiwon was indeed outside, sitting at an oaked wood bench, dazing off with a cup of coffee in his hand. His hair was barely messy, even with the wind blowing and there was a light glow to his flawless face  to which Jinhwan is suddenly reminded of the fact that his brother was after all an idol.

Jiwon didn’t seem to notice his appearance, still sipping into his cup. And eventhough Jinhwan was feeling a bit drowsy, he couldn’t help but let a teasing smile splay on his face as an idea came to his mind. The older slowly crept up to the younger from behind. But just before he was about to pounce.

“I know you’re there hyung.”

Jiwon turned around, a grin on his face, eyes turning into crescent shape and Jinhwan felt disappointment seep into him. The elder pouted before walking around and sitting on the bench, beside Jiwon, who was now laughing at the look on his face.

“You could’ve told me sooner. I wouldn’t have put so much effort.” Jinhwan mumbled and if it was possible Jiwon laughed even louder.

There were tears pooling at the end of the younger’s eyes from amusement and try as Jinhwan might but he felt the anger dissolve and slowly he himself was smiling.

“Smile like this more often. I miss it.” Jinhwan commented side handedly as he lifted his hand and patted at the younger’s cheek. Jiwon immediately flushed at the action, his red face going unnoticed by Jinhwan who had switched his gaze to elsewhere.

A peaceful silence lapsed over them and they both let it linger before Jinhwan broke it.

“So” Jinhwan turned to look at Jiwon “you never told me why you came back home eventhough you’re on your tour.”

Jiwon stared at Jinhwan like he grew an extra head. “Because I missed you? Isn’t that obvious?”

Jinhwan rolled his eyes. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

When Jiwon kept quiet, Jinhwan snapped his head back at his younger brother. “Wait, are you serious?”

Instead of replying back to Jinhwan, Jiwon clicked his tongue. “Jinan-hyung, why don’t you just come with me back to America?”

This time it was Jinhwan's turn to stare at his younger brother like he grew another head.

“I’m enrolling into YG university tomorrow so I can’t go to America with you Jiwon-ah.”

“But why!” The younger whined, trying to use his aegyo but Jinhwan was adamant not to be swayed.

“It’s one of the best in Korea.I’m lucky enough to get in.You know how much I’ve wanted this”

It’s everything he had wanted and surely he had told Jiwon about this for a thousand time. The latter had always rejected the idea though. And Jinhwan can sense the pleading the younger was going to give to him.

“Hyung… I’m just worried. Who’s going to protect you when I’m not around? You do have an asthma and not to mention your weak body-“

“Stop reminding me that.” Jinhwan snapped but the younger continued, ignoring him. “-there’s going to be an awful lot of people. Are you sure about this?”

Jinhwan huffed, having been through this conversation before. “Of course I’m sure. I’m willing to take the risk.”

His childhood was mostly spent indoors due to his… incompetency as he liked to put it. But that was the past and this was the present. Sure it hadn’t been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter