06. First Encounter

[HIATUS] Be mine 'cause you're just right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little swearing up ahead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 6

“Ugh, . ing .”

Hanbin groaned audibly, taking off his snapback to run his hand through his hair in frustration. He gave a kick at a chair, sending it toppling over and startling Junhoe in the process who was looking at him like he’s lost his mind.

Maybe he did.

Putting back his snapback on his now messy hair, he took the empty seat beside Junhoe.

“Yo, what’s up, B.I? You look bat crazy.” Junhoe commented as he packed his belongings up. One lesson he’s learnt throughout his friendship with Hanbin is that when the latter is in his so-called ‘frenzy’ mood, he’d better keep his stuffs out of the way. Because the last time he didn’t, his phone had been travelling 125 miles per hour across the other side of the room, crashing into the wall and breaking into pieces.

That, and the fact that he’s only allowed to call his friend, B.I in university because apparently, calling him by his real name would ruin his reputation. Junhoe had rolled his eyes when he heard Hanbin said that. As if. But then again, he had followed Hanbin’s demand.

Hanbin groaned again, as if being reminded of something nasty.

“My old man.” He grumbled in annoyance. The other raised an eyebrow at him, encouraging him to continue speaking when Hanbin suddenly stopped to glare at a student who had the balls to look at him when he passed by. The student quickly lowered his gaze and scampered away.

“You were saying?”

Hanbin directed his glare towards his best friend instead who was looking uninterested by the second.

“He took away my ing genie man. And put me to work at his company for the next month! Just because I pulled off the most ing awesome party in the history of this world!”

He slammed his right hand down on the table, loud and full of anger. Some of the students jumped at the sudden loudness but no one dared to turn their heads around to look what the commotion was all about.

“Dude, that’s actually pretty good- er—“ Junhoe stuttered what he was saying when Hanbin gave his death glare as if daring him to finish his sentence and see what happens. “-I mean, yeah, your father is such a douche bag.”

Hanbin gave him another look, one that stated ‘yeah, that’s what I thought you would said’.

“But, dude I seriously don’t think your punishment is that bad. I mean, if it was my parents they would—“

“Not bad?!” Hanbin exploded. He snatched Junhoe by the collar, pulling him in and Junhoe won’t lie that he’s a tad bit afraid of his friend right now. “He took my ing genie. And I told me to work at his company. I swore to myself, I would never step inside the company, not ever since—“ Hanbin choked on his words.

-his mother left him.

Junhoe’s face soften when Hanbin’s hands went slack, knowing exactly what he was going to say. He was with the other throughout the whole way when it happened.

“Okay, okay, chill out B.I.” The other patted his shoulders, in somewhat of a discreet comfort and Hanbin huffed, slumping against his chair with a scowl on his face— arms crossing over his chest.

“But I thought you said the line was clear? You even invited the whole YG student.”

“I did. I just don’t know how it slipped. Maybe he has a secret butler that reports to him everytime he’s not around.”

Junhoe hummed in acknowledgement. “Maybe, maybe…”

Their conversation was cut short when the front door slid open and the teacher stepped in. Everyone went to their seat, tidying up and getting their stuffs out for the lesson.

“Okay, kids. I have an announcement to make.” Mrs. Park voice bellowed in the lecture room and everyone turned their heads to her, ears alerted and even one of the few sleeping students lift their heads up, paying attention.

Hanbin saw Junhoe throw him a curious look like if he’d know anything about the announcement to which he just shrugs. Like he’d know anything about it.

“We have a new student coming in.” The teacher signed her hands at the door, where the new student was probably at and  true to his thoughts, a boy stepped inside, walking towards the teacher.

Hanbin scrunched his nose when he saw the boy’s appearance.

He was definitely wearing too baggy of clothes and his pants were literally sweeping the floor. The bang of his hair was so long that it was covering his eyes but it wasn’t too long for him to notice the spectacles resting at the bridge of the boy’s nose.

The word ‘Lame’ was plastered everywhere on the boy and Hanbin nodded his head unconsciously. Definitely a nerd.

The other students’ probably didn’t escape the look of disgust splaying on Hanbin’s face. Either that or they were judging him as he was. They were whispering, harsh words about his dull appearance look and he is pretty sure he hears a girl to his left saying something about the boy having no fashion sense at all.

 



Jinhwan felt nervous when he saw the teacher signed him to come inside. The first step he took he felt like his legs were jelly and man, he wanted to runaway from the feeling he was experiencing. But this is what he wanted.

He knew all eyes were on him the moment he stepped inside, judging from how quiet the lecture room instantly turned into. Every part of him trembled.

“Introduce yourself, Jinhwan.” He heard Mrs. Park said softly to him as he stood by her side.

He nodded shortly as he bit his lips, trying to overcome the nervous feeling that was slowly taking control of his body. He came forward a little bit, and he shifted his feet, eyes casted downwards.

Okay, Jinhwan. You need to be brave.

He took a deep breath and lifted his head up. When he saw the tenth of eyes staring back at him, he felt his stance falter.

“M-my name is Kim Jinhwan.” Jinhwan stuttered and oh god, he felt like kicking himself right there and then. He stated his major and the fact that he was home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter