01. The Invitation

[HIATUS] Be mine 'cause you're just right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“2 more days”

Jinhwan mumbled underneath his breath as he blankly looked out the window pane of his room, staring into the distance. There were passerbys walking by but the only thing flashing in his mind was the upcoming date of his enrollment in YG University. He gave a sigh and avert his gaze to the calendar sticking on his baby blue bedroom wall. Red marks painted over the dates and a big circle was made on the Monday.

He gave another sigh but this time it was more of a nervousness kind mixed along with a few sensational excitement feeling.

“Ahhhh” He slumped on his bed and rolled around, cocooning himself in a blanket.

It’s not a second later that a knock on his door disturbs his peace and he staggers up to his feet, accidentally tangling in them before falling down to the floor with a thump. The door slowly opens and a head pops out. “Jinhwan dear? You okay there?”

His mother looked at him in concern and he threw a small smile. “I’m fine.” He scrambles up to stand, this time making sure the blankets weren’t tangled at his legs and dust off the imaginary debris from his clothes. “You called mom?”

“Yeah…” she trailed off and looked at the hallway, a smile lingering on her face. “Jiwon called” She stated. “Or Bobby, whatever he call himself” She said with an eye roll and Jinhwan laughs at her, nodding his head. “Okay, coming”

Going into the hallway, he grabbed the house phone and put it on his ear.

“Jiwon?”

“Jinan-hyung! How are you?”

Jinhwan chuckled at the nickname. “I’m fine. How are you holding up over there?”

“It’s going awesome, hyung! But not as awesome if you were here.” Jiwon whined into the phone and Jinhwan huffed at his brother’s behaviour. “Yeah right.”

Jiwon laughed. “Well, the people over here are great. And the food is too! I should totally bring you here one day! Maybe you can feed those skinny body of yours.”

The other rolled his eyes, eventhough Jiwon couldn’t see it especially when he was in America. Apparently, when the younger had told them all (him and their whole family) that he would enter an audition, no one actually expected he would be able to win first place. Show Me The Money 3- the only one show about hip hop in the whole of Korea, only the one with the best talents would pass through and to be honest, Jinhwan was still in disbelief that Jiwon had became the champion.

He snorted into the phone. “Stop disrespecting your hyung.”

“Hyung, hyung!”

“Yeah, Jiwon-ah?”

“Do you want anything over here? Maybe the mickey mouse plushie you saw on the internet the other month?”

“You saw me?” Jinhwan flushed, covering his face. He didn’t think anyone saw him. He had been really careful about it.

“I’ll take that as a yes. Hyung, I miss you sooo muccchhhhhh” The younger whined.

“I miss you too.” Jinhwan replied, smiling.

“Should Jiwonnie visit you tomorrow?” The younger tried to pull an aegyo, voice turning an octave higher, like a teasing note.

Jinhwan shrugged his shoulder. “Of course.” He replied in a teasing voice himself. He knew Jiwon’s busy in America with his song promotion so it’s basically a zero percent chance that Jiwon would actually be back by tomorrow.

There’s a bustling sound on the other side of the line and it sounded as if Jiwon was talking with someone before putting him back on the line. “Hyung, I gotta go.” His brother’s voice is almost sad as he said it and Jinhwan smiled small.

“Okay, bye Jiwon-ah.”

“I love you, Jinan-hyung.”

 “I love you too.” He whispered back softly.

He put the phone down and lingered around it.

Jiwon had always been the kind of kid that took care of him during their younger years. Like that one time in the park when he had been pushed by a bigger child at the sand box. Jiwon had came running up to him in an instant and although he was twice as smaller than the big kid, he remembered the big kid crying and running up to his mommy. His younger brother had a proud look as he handed Jinhwan his sand bucket.

“I’ll protect you hyung!”  Jiwon had said, puffing his chest out at the older.

The older had pouted and stomped his feet. “Yah, I’m the older one around here.”

And to be frank, the younger’s trait had followed him up to now.

He shook his head and walked away from the phone, leaving the memories and headed downstairs when he heard his mother calling up to him to go help pick up the laundries.

 

 

 

Jinhwan lifted the basket and put it under his arms, leaning it on his hip as he tugged at the clip of the laundry line so the clothes fall right in the basket.

He squinted at the bright sun and immediately looked back down. It was hurting his eyes. The clothes he was wearing dragged on the ground and he folded them at the end. He hummed a song underneath his breath as he continued doing his house chores when the sound of a throat clearing, snaps his attention to the gate over the other side.

A girl with long hair, curled in a ponytail waved at him, beckoning him to come near with a smile on her face. He raised an eyebrow, pointing at himself and when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter