Part Five

Staring Contest

The boys settled into Jihoon's room quickly. As they picked their respected areas to sleep, an idea sparked in Seungkwan's mind. He sat down next to Seokmin (who was accompanied by Soonyoung) on the extra mattress Jihoon pull into the room. 

"Guys, let's play truth or dare!" Seungkwan's said enthusiastically. Much to his dismay many boys gave a groan of "ugh no" before the words even finished leaving his mouth. "Why not?" He asked, crossing his arms. "It's not like you all have something better to do." 

"Seungkwan's right in his own annoyingly sassy way." Seungcheol laughed earning a pillow being thrown at his face. "Plus, he'll keep pestering us until we play so let's just do it!" Although it took sometime, eventually all the boys agreed and soon the game took off. 

At first all was well in the truth or dare world. The truths were simple and the dares harmless. But, where was the fun in that? How would Seungkwan's figure anything out about why some of his friends were mad at others and if some would start dating by asking them, "is it true you failed chemistry?" and "I dare you to lift Jihoon above your head". 

"Okay boys, time to step up our game." Seungkwan sighed as the fourth person tried and failed to lift Jihoon. The boys looked at him in a mix of confusion. "We're done with this kitty stuff. Time for the real questions." 

"What do you mean by 'real questions'?" Seokmin asked. He knew exactly what his friend meant by pulling out the real questions. Anytime Seungkwan had something to figure out about someone else he would suggest truth or dare. Then a good amount of time into the game he would say setting along the lines of "let's take this game to the next level" and proceed to ask extremely direct and very personal questions while throwing out dares that would terrify any grown adult. 

"It's time to pull out the big guns!" Seungkwan laughed just a little bit too loud for anyone else's liking. "I'll start. Soonyoung, truth or dare." 

"Boo, don't you dare ask anything too personal." Seokmin muttered in his friends ear, fear of him messing up the small relationship with Soonyoung that he had. 

"Dare?" Soonyoung questioned himself. Seungkwan clapped his hands, a smile that could only mean evil gracing his lips. 

"I dare you to kiss Seokmin's cheek!" Seungkwan laughed as his friend turned a shade of red that no human should never turn. 

The rest of the boys watched as Soonyoung quickly bent down to the boy laying on his stomach next to him and planted a quick kiss on his cheek. Seokmin buried his face into mattress afterwards making Soonyoung laugh and pat his head affectionately. Seungkwan smiled before moving on to look for his next targets. 

The round went on with the usual "smell Mingyu's foot" and " the floor" dares until it got back to Seungkwan. He smiled and scanned the room once more before turning towards Wonwoo. "Wonwoo, truth or dare?" 

Wonwoo thought for a second before smiling back at his young friend and saying, "Truth." 

"Is it true that you have feelings for someone?" Seungkwan asked with a smirk. Wonwoo looked as if he could kill someone and Seungkwan was instantly glad he set on the opposite side of the room. 

"Yeah." Wonwoo muttered, averting his eyes from all the surrounding boys. Especially the boy next to him that had his arm draped over his shoulders. Mingyu didn't even seem to be affected by the reveal. 

The round went, Seungkwan preparing his next question to be directed at Mingyu before something weird happened. 

It was Seungcheol's turn. He looked up from his spot by the closet to make eye contact with the pink haired boy on the bed across the room. "Jihoon," he started. The other boys eyes narrowed at his friend. "Truth or dare?" 

"I'm actually gonna use the bathroom." The boy spoke rather quickly, jumping off the bed and sprinting out of the room. Seungcheol signed and ran a hand through his hair. 

"I think he's mad at me." Seungcheol started once the door closed. The other boys just waved it off as nothing, except for Mingyu and Wonwoo who just stared at the oldest angrily. 

All of this really sparked Seungkwan's interest. Luckily, Jihoon returned right as his turn started. "Oh good, you're back. Jihoon, truth or dare?" 

Jihoon looked as if he could shoot someone the minute the question was directed towards him. "Dare." He said without really thinking. 

"I dare you to hold hands with Seungcheol for the rest of the night." 

Jihoon stared at the boy sitting in front of him. "Boo Seungkwan, just who do you think you are?" 

"Um, the person with the power over truth or dare right now. I mean, it is my turn." Seungkwan said matter-of-factly. "Now do the dare." 

"I don't want to." Jihoon stated and Seungkwan raised his eyebrows. "I mean, can I please not?" He begged. 

"Jihoon, just come over here and get it over with." Seungcheol said sounding annoyed. Jihoon rolled his eyes with a sigh and sat down next to the boy with a huff. Seungcheol laced their fingers together and that's how they stayed. Of course Jihoon struggled at first, every couple of minutes trying to break the contact, but Seungcheol held on firmly. 

This proved to Seungkwan that Jihoon was mad at his friend. Normally they would of been jokingly lovey-dovey with each other. The real question now was, why? 

It was Jeonghan's turn and he decided to ask the boy seated on his left. "Joshua, truth or dare?" 

Joshua, who made it clear the first round that he would never chose dare, rolled his eyes. "Do you really have to ask that? Truth." 

"Do you like anyone?" Jeonghan asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Before Joshua could answer Seungcheol broke down in a coughing fit. "Dude, are okay?" Jeonghan asked as their friend doubled over, face bright red. Jihoon slowly scooted away from the boy, slightly tapping on his back. 

"I'll go get him some water!" Joshua said, racing out of the room with Soonyoung following to get paper towels. The minute the door shut, Seungcheol sat up perfectly fine. 

Before anyone could questions him, he said, "Jeonghan, you can't ask Joshua that question." Jeonghan raised an eyebrow as the others glanced between the two very perplexed by the situation at hand. 

"Did you just fake like you were dying?" Jihoon asked. "And used the hand that was holding mine?" Seungcheol waved him off saying, "that's not important" not breaking eye contact with Jeonghan. 

"So, I take it that you got your answer." Jeonghan stated. Seungcheol sighed with a nod as Jeonghan's face fell. 

"I'm sorry," 

The door reopened and Seungcheol immediately began coughing again. Joshua gave him the water looking super worried for his friend as Soonyoung gave him paper towels to cough into. "Thanks Joshua, Soonyoung. I probably would of died without you two." Seungcheol sighed after a significant amount of coughing. The rest of the room rolled their eyes. 

They ended up stopping the truth or dare game before Joshua could answer and slowly the boys fell asleep. 

_<><>A few days later<><>_

It was the day that Seokmin would get to go watch Soonyoung's dance practice. Seokmin was ultimately terrified to say the least. He was excited to go watch Soonyoung in his art form and see the place where the magic happens but he was scared. He didn't know what to wear and he didn't know what to expect. To say he was freaking out was an understatement all in itself. 

Soonyoung on the other hand was just down nervous. He'd never invited people to watch him practice at his studio. And he would never think of doing a first date (was it a date?) at the studio either. Now he was doing both. He didn't want to be alone so he decided he would need some backup. He decided to invite his best friend, and dance partner, Lee Chan to the practice. Chan agreed as long as he could invite his two friends along as well. 

Seokmin showed up at the dance studio right on time. He walked in timidly, nodded at the front desk lady trying to act like he knew what he was doing. "Are you Soonyoung's friend?" The lady asked with a smile. Seokmin nodded quickly and the lady pointed down the hallway. "Second door on the left. Have fun!" Seokmin bowed and quickly walked down the hallway to hear booming music coming from the room. 

He opened the door to see four boys moving flawlessly to the beat of the music. He instantly saw Soonyoung, the blonde boy covered in sweat and looking absolutely stunning. Seokmin shut the door behind him quietly, not wanting to disturb the boys at work. After a minute the song ended and the four collapsed to floor with grunts followed by laughter. 

"Guys, that was so good!" Soonyoung cheered sitting up, pumping his fist in the air. "We nailed it-" he finally noticed Seokmin standing the corner grinning. "Seokmin!" Soonyoung felt his face heat up. How long has he been there? 

"You guys are so cool!" Seokmin cheered, making the other boys sit up as well. 

"Is this your friend?" A little boy next to Soonyoung asked. Soonyoung stood up and drug Seokmin into the room. 

"Guys this is my friend Seokmin!" Soonyoung grinned. "These are Chan, Minghao who turned out to be the pizza delivery boy the other night actually, and Junhui!" Soonyoung explained, pointing to each boy in turn. Seokmin bowed politely and then took a seat by the mirror so the boys could keep practicing. 

Seokmin quickly found out all the boys were very talents. Junhui had a material arts style of dance that fit his tall, muscular body very well. The boy was Chinese and very polite, quickly befriended Seokmin. 

Minghao was quiet and sweet but once the music he was fierce. He was a talent b-boy and it made Seokmin question why the boy wasn't doing a professional dance career instead of delivering pizzas. 

Chan was adorable when he wasn't dancing. He was sweet and always working hard. He was really close to Soonyoung and it made Seokmin sort of jealous. When the music Chan danced like a pro. He loved Michael Jackson so the boys ended up making a lot of choreographies to different MJ songs. 

Soonyoung was amazing as ever. Every move he made was effortlessly. He danced without thinking, everything flowing as once solid dance. It was breathtaking. In all honesty, Seokmin couldn't tear his gaze off of his crush. He was just too starstruck. 

If only he wouldn't have been too focused on his crush. He would of heard his phone ringing. And maybe things would of ended up differently. 

_<><>Meanwhile<><>_

Joshua, Jeonghan, Seungkwan, and Seungkwan's friend Hansol were crammed at a small cafe attempting to help each other with English homework. Hansol was from New York and was also half caucasian although his English didn't come out correctly all the time he was still extremely good at it. Joshua and Hansol found themselves practically banging their heads on the table as their two friends struggled with their English. 

"Seungkwan, you can't just say random phrase you hear on TV," Hansol muttered as his friend continuously quoted "Mean Girls". 

"You can't sit with us," Seungkwan responded back sassily. Hansol ran a frustrated hand through his hair as the other two boys laughed. 

Joshua's phone suddenly started to ring. He glanced at the caller ID to see Mingyu's name. "Hello?" He asked. 

"Joshua, get to Jihoon's house right now!" Mingyu yelled in the phone. He sounded out of breath, as if he was running. 

"What's wrong?" Joshua asked, concerned. Mingyu breathed heavily into the phone. 

"Something bad might happen. I can't talk now. Listen, Wonwoo is already there. Just take whoever you're with and get there now." The line went dead. 

Joshua glanced up to see the whole table looking concerned at him. Jeonghan touched his arm with a questioning glance. "We need to get to Jihoon's house. Now." Off they raced. If only they were faster. 

_<><>In another place<><>_

Seungcheol was upset. Jihoon hadn't talked to him a couple of days and it was worrisome. What did he do wrong? 

What Jeonghan said a couple of days echoed in his mind. He didn't like Jihoon. They were just best friends. Then why did this ignoring act bother him so much? Wasn't it normal to be upset by it? 

Probably not this much. 

He laid down in his bed with nothing to do. His phone started to ring and he saw Jihoon's name on the caller ID. He quickly answered the phone to hear crying on the other line. 

"Jihoon?" The boy didn't respond. "Jihoon, what's wrong?" 

"They hate me," Jihoon muttered through his tears. 

"Who hates you?" Seungcheol asked, sitting up in his bed. Something was seriously wrong. 

"Never mind. Bye." Jihoon murmured. Seungcheol heard some pounding noises in the background and a voice that sounded like Wonwoo. 

"Jihoon, is Wonwoo there?" Seungcheol asked quickly before his friend could hand up. 

It was silent before Jihoon breathed out "Yeah". 

"What's going on?" Seungcheol asked. The pounding noise got softer as if Jihoon was walking away from his friend.  

"Nothing. Just forget I called." Jihoon said with a defeated sigh that sent chills down Seungcheol's back. "I don't even know why I called you. It's not like you like me." 

Seungcheol couldn't believe his ears. "Of course I like you!" He cried. "I love you Lee Jihoon!" 

Jihoon laughed out loud with a snort. "Not the way I love you," 

The line went dead. 

<><><><><>

It's been awhile~!! Thank you all for the supportive comments, upvotes, and holy crap all the subs!! 
The next chapter will clear up where this is going.
There will be an upsetting theme. Please don't read if you do not do well with those things
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200+ SUBS! I'll continue to try and make this story a worthwhile read. Remember to comment, subscribe, and upvote if you enjoy this story. See you all very soon!! Have a wonderful day!!

Check out my new Meanie based story called "Trying It Out"