Part Four

Staring Contest

“So where do you suggest that we begin?” Seungcheol asked the next day within class, Jeonghan sitting next to him with bright eyes. 

“What do you mean?” He asked. He had spent the entire night texting Joshua and was in the best mood Seungcheol had ever seen him in. Honestly, he was so happy that it almost hurt to be around him. 

“I mean, how are we going to start to get Joshua and you together?” Seungcheol elaborated. He had tried to brainstorm on ways to get them together last night, but his mind kept wandering back to what Jeonghan said about him liking Jihoon and eventually that thought overwhelmed him into quite a few hours of pondering his uality. Now all he was was extremely confused and frankly very annoyed that the person who brought up the idea that he was gay was just so god damn joyous. 

“Oh, I don’t know. I hired you as the detective, not myself.” Jeonghan smiled back at him so big it made Seungcheol flinch from how bright it was. There was no way that should have even been humanly possible. 

“Well, think of something dip. I can’t do it all on my own.” Seungcheol groaned. 

“Whoa, someone’s grouchy.” Jeonghan laughed poking his friend's cheek with his pencil. “Is it because Jihoon doesn’t love you back?” 

“I swear to God I will make you disappear from existence.” 


The next day at lunch couldn’t of been worse. Jeonghan was super gross and staring at Joshua with butterflies in his eyes. Of course the American boy didn’t notice at all and continued on with his life as if he didn’t have sunshine and rainbows being produced right next to him. Soonyoung didn’t notice either due to the fact that he was preoccupied glaring at Mingyu for not realizing Wonwoo’s feelings for him as the two of them partook in another meaningless squabble that ended of course with Mingyu begging for forgiveness and offering Wonwoo his cookie. Jihoon wasn’t at school due to a “very, very bad accident that didn’t need to be discussed” which made Seungcheol feel even more annoyed. And definitely not because he liked him. Oh no, it was because out of all of his idiotic friends, Jihoon was the best at keeping his idiocy to a bare minimum.

“What do you guys think the accident was that happened to Jihoon?” Mingyu suddenly asked, pulling the table into a group discussion at once. “Do you think he got in a wreck?” 

“Maybe someone died?” Soonyoung suggested, much to Jeonghan’s horror. 

“That’s not what happened.” Joshua quickly assured the other boys. “He said something went wrong when he was getting his hair cut.” Now full attention was on him, waiting for him to spill the beans. “I’m not really supposed to say though,” he muttered awkwardly. 

“When has that stopped any of us before?” Soonyoung pointed out earning head nods from everyone else. “Just tell us.” 

Joshua took a deep breath and then sighed. “I’m going to regret this. He went to the hair stylist yesterday to dye his hair blonde and..” 


Jihoon was shocked to hear a knock on his door around four. He figured it was probably just a package being dropped off since his mom had a major problem with online shopping and decided, being the perfect son he was, that he would go bring it inside.

The instant he opened the door all he felt was regret for a package was not what greeted him. 


    “Hey pinky!” Soonyoung patted Jihoon's now permanently dyed pink hair as he pushed his way inside the house. 

    “It’s so pink! You’re so cute!” Mingyu was punched in the stomach before he could speak anymore. 

    “Don’t talk. You always upset it.” Wonwoo muttered, shoving the taller boy inside. 

    Jeonghan quickly took a selfie with his now pink haired friend before quickly running inside with Joshua who followed mouthing the words “I’m so sorry” profusely. 

    “It’s not that bad.” Seungcheol offered. Jihoon glared at him so hard that Seungcheol was sure he saw his life flash before his very eyes. 

    “My hair is ing hot pink. Don’t you dare try and lie to me.” 

    After the wrath of Jihoon simmered down, the boys found themselves raiding the kitchen. “Why are you all here?” Jihoon moaned in his hands. Saying he was annoyed wouldn’t even cover half of it. 

    “We wanted to see your hair of course!” Soonyoung smiled, taking a bag of chips out of the pantry. “Which is very pink. When Josh said pink I was not expecting that pink.” 

    Jihoon clenched his jaw and considered how much his jail sentence would be if he murdered all of the boys in front of him right now. The others continued to joke about his hair before a certain boy beside him laughed. 

    “Let’s be real guys.” Seungcheol said, holding up his hands to speak. “Our Jihoonie does look mighty cute like this.” A blush spread across Jihoon's cheeks as he decided now would be the best time to look down. Why did Seungcheol just go around saying stuff like that so easily?  

    “Okay, enough about pinkhead over there. Jihoon, just wanting to make sure you’re okay with it, but we’re all sleeping over.” Soonyoung smiled. 

    “I’m busy.” Jihoon muttered under his breath causing the other boys to laugh. “I really am. I have two people coming over to help me work on a song and I don’t need the distractions-” 

    The doorbell rang. At once all of the boys were off to answer it. 

 

      It wasn't unusual for Jihoon to have people over to record. He wanted to be a music producer and spent a lot of time recording tracks and recruiting kids from around school to sing or rap in them. His music was his passion and most of the time his friends would respect that and leave. This was not one of those times. 

       "Hi!" A tall boy with a bright smile greeted the group of boys who answered the door. "Is Jihoon around?" As if on cue, Jihoon shoved his way to the front of the group. 

       "Hey Seokmin, Seungkwan. You guys can just head on upstairs to set up while I deal with this problem." Jihoon explained quickly, ushering the two boys inside, motioning to his friends on "problem". The two boys, slightly bewildered by the mass amount of people inside of the house, quickly ran off towards the stairs.

“Whoa,” Soonyoung murmured as Jihoon turned around to face his friends with a scowl. “You’re friends with the Seokmin and the Seungkwan? The two boys that are the stars of the school choir? The ones that have gone to professional recording studios to help produce demo tracks and guide songs?” Jihoon nodded proudly and Soonyoung looked as if he could faint. 

“I don’t really know what any of that means,” Jeonghan started. “But you can go do your recording session and we’ll stay down here.” Jihoon scowled once more at this idea. He did not want his friends even over to begin with and definitely did not want them alone in his house. Jeonghan gave a reassuring smile before adding, “I’ll make sure no one does anything stupid.” 

Jihoon didn't know why but for some reason he accepted the offer. Maybe it was how kind Jeonghan looked? It just made him trust him. Or maybe he's just really stupid? Either way he went upstairs and began recording. Everything was going nice and smooth for the first fifteen minutes. Everything was quiet and he could just focus on the two wonderful voices in front of him. Until he heard a crash, a scream, and a horrible shattering sound. 

It was going to be a long night. 


Due to interruptions made by his friends, Jihoon couldn’t get through the recording in an hour like he normally did. His “friends” (he had now decided they were actually just sent here to make his life extremely difficult) were crammed into his bedroom, trying to hear what was happening. This of course distracted Seungkwan (god bless the kid but he had the attention span of a dog) and made Seokmin slightly self conscious about his voice. So Jihoon decided recording now would be worthless. Jeonghan came up with another suggestion. 

“Seokmin, Seungkwan why don’t you both sleepover tonight? All of us are and we're going to ordered pizza and it’s going to be awesome!” The boy beamed. Jihoon wanted to scream. He wanted to kick all of the boys out and curl up in a ball and never get back up. Having his hair dyed permanently pink today was one thing but having his friends just invite themselves in, it was all just too much. But who could say no to Jeonghan who was literally as sweet as an angel? No one, that’s who. 

Seokmin and Seungkwan agreed quickly and soon all of the boys were downstairs trying to figure out what kind of pizza to buy (with Jihoon’s money of course). They settled on getting the "meat lovers" ("It has every kind of meat you can imagine!" Mingyu had literally cried as he read it on the menu.), but somehow ended up ordering a plain cheese; as well as, a box of barbeque chicken. Jihoon yelled at Mingyu for ordering all of that but Mingyu just shrugged and said the guy on the phone sounded foreign so it was just easier to order more, obviously. 

While waiting for the pizza, the boys migrated to the living room and made a circle on the floor. At first they just started talking about the normal stuff like school and how badly it and how hungry they were. It wasn’t until Mingyu decided to have a self proclaimed tickle fight with Wonwoo did plan “get Mingyu to realize he’s in love with Wonwoo” fall into action. 

“Hey! Love birds over there.” Seungcheol started from his spot next to Jihoon. “How’s your little love game going?” Mingyu stopped tickling Wonwoo to look at the older boy. 

“What do you mean?” He asked innocently. Wonwoo punched him in the side before sitting up, making eye contact with Jeonghan. 

“Wonwoo, help me wait for the pizza. It's almost here!” Jeonghan said, grabbing Wonwoo and pulling him away from his giant partner. Everyone had decided it would be best for Wonwoo to not be around when Mingyu confesses his feelings just incase it didn’t end like how they all wanted. 

    “What I mean is, have you found love yet?” Seungcheol asked dramatically. Mingyu stayed silent at first before busting out into whole hearted laughter. 

    “Why do you sound so serious, hyung?” He laughed but then quickly stopped when he realized no one else was laughing. “Oh? Oh. Are you actually serious?” When no one responded to his question he sighed. He glanced up and out of the room to see Jeonghan and Wonwoo busy talking to the pizza guy and took a deep breath. “Honestly, I don’t know. I started this game for fun, not because I thought I wanted to be with Wonwoo. He’s my best friend,” Mingyu sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. “Now I just don’t know how I feel.” 

    All the other boys nodded in understanding. At least he didn’t shoot down the idea. He’s just confused about the relationship as a whole (much like all of the boys are to be perfectly honest). “Just keep on doing the game. I’m sure you’ll figure it out soon!” Joshua smiled.

    “You better. I’m going to cry if it keeps on going the way it is now!” Soonyoung said dramatically causing the whole group to laugh. Wonwoo and Jeonghan reentered the room right on cue with boxes of food and a story to tell. 

    “The cutest little Chinese guy brought us the food!” Jeonghan explained, setting the boxes in the middle of the circle to be attacked by all of the boys. “His name tag said ‘The8’ on it so of course I had to ask him about it. He gave the cutest smile and said in really slow Korean, this is how we found out he was Chinese because of his accent, that it was a nickname his coworkers gave him. His real name is Minghao and-” Jeonghan flailed his arms, not able to even express how cute the kid was. 

    “He was like this innocent little cinnamoroll that you just want to protect from harms way.” Wonwoo explained, making Mingyu literally choke on his slice of pizza. “What? He was that cute.” 

“And not in the ‘I wanna bang that’ kind of way either. In the, ‘you’re my baby let me snuggle you and nurture you and be your mother’ kind of way.” Jeonghan clarified. 

“Okay, we get it. He’s adorable.” Seungcheol laughed. He leaned back, resting on Jihoon’s shoulder. Normally the pink haired boy would shove him off and tell him some terrifying threat that made Seungcheol rethink his life choices but today he didn’t. He grunted a little to show that he didn’t enjoy the physical contact but he didn’t try to do anything about it. He was just too tired. 

“So,” Seokmin finally spoke for the first time that night. “Soonyoung, I heard that you dance.” Soonyoung smiled and turned towards the boy who looked as though he was talking to his idol. 

Seokmin had ranted the minute that Jihoon got upstairs to record a couple of hours earlier that he had always wanted to talk to the “dance god Kwon Soonyoung”.

 “His stage name is ‘Hoshi’ and he’s won so many dance festivals and I follow him on his dance blog!” Seokmin had rambled excitedly before recording. “He’s so cool, hyung! I really want to be friends with someone like that.” Which Jihoon had responded with something along the lines of “You don’t want that in your life”.    

Soonyoung smiled, extremely impressed that the younger knew he danced. “Yeah! I have a dance blog called ‘Hoshi Style’!” The two slowly broke apart from the group to talk dance (or more, Soonyoung talked dance and Seokmin just smiled and laughed). 

Wonwoo and Mingyu were being all gross with their pizza, feeding it to each other and making stupid airplane noises, that the five remaining boys decided to leave them alone. Seungkwan, who they all found out was extremely sassy, started debating with Jeonghan about who the best Pokemon was leaving Joshua, Seungcheol, and Jihoon alone. Seungcheol decided to strike. 

"Wow Joshua, did you ever believe your stalker would become your friend?" He had decided to be blunt about it. 

Joshua just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "A turn of events I guess?" Jihoon looked at Seungcheol, unsure as to what the other was getting at, as Seungcheol just laughed. 

"It's funny how relationships change like that. You start out as strangers and then somehow become friends. And then sometimes that progresses to more." 

Jihoon felt himself mentally decompose. Seungcheol knew. He knew that he liked him and was now calling him out in front of his face to Joshua. Although it was indirectly, it was still so obvious. Why couldn't he just talk to him to his face like a normal human being? Rejection was not another thing Jihoon wanted to add to his list so decided now was the time to walk away. 

"What are you talking about?" Joshua asked as Jihoon stormed away from the two. Normally he would of followed the boy to find out why he was upset but right now he was just too interested in what Seungcheol had to say. 

Seungcheol took a deep breath. The things he did for Jeonghan. "What I'm asking is, do you like Jeonghan?" 

Joshua couldn't believe his ears. He blinked and cocked his head to the side. Did he hear correctly? "What did you just ask me?" 

"I asked if you liked Jeonghan. As in, do you have a crush on him?" Seungcheol looked away, pleased with how smoothly he had asked the question, as his friend took a deep breath.

"Dude, I'm straight." 

~~~

Well..Oh goodness. 

Sorry this is so late! Life is happening to me right now and I don't really know how to handle it.

Anyways, please be sure to comment, upvote, and subscribe. It really does help me! 

ALSO!! 

OVER 100 SUBS. Dang. Thank you for reading this mess of a story. Like seriously.

I love you all and have the most wonderful day~!

 

(NOW HIRING AT MY NEW ONESHOT SHOP. i needs help )