Troubles in paradise

I knew you were trouble when you walked in...
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~ Bob Marley 

      Whoever said expecting a child is a blessing must’ve been either completely drunk or extremely crazy when he had said it. Sehun didn’t feel blessed at the moment. In fact, he felt rather horrible, having just thrown up his breakfast for the thousandth time only this month.

His first month of pregnacy had run rather smoothly with no real symptoms whatsoever but what made him decide to take a pregnacy test had been a lesson carried out in class. His professor had told them that some pregnancies don’t give out any signs and his instinct had been screaming at him to take one just in case. When he had slept with Jongin he was almost certain he hadn’t used any kind of protection and that worried him a lot. After he took the test, however, he wished he hadn’t.

Things had turned out well in the end with Jongin being more than willing to do his best to make their relationship work. The only problem was that Sehun, in his second month of pregnacy, started experiencing morning sickness, fatigue and all the other symptoms that make one person over-sentimental. It is no wonder that he couldn’t attend college in these conditions. Still, the fact that Jongin could go and hang out with his friends drove him crazy. He didn’t think it was fair for Jongin to have fun when he was closed in their house with nothing better to do than vomiting all day long and feeling sorry for himself.

Sehun was very afraid he might have to give up on all his dreams to bring this baby into the world and to give him the family he or she deserved. He had always been the type of person to plan things ahead but when he had found out that he was pregnant he had seen all his plans turning into dust. The fact that he was only 20 didn’t help the matter because he lacked the maturity to see the bigger picture. The only consolation he had was that his parents and Jongin’s parents had been very understanding about the thing. His mother had been excited about the prospect of having a little grandson or granddaughter to spoil. They had done their best to offer to Sehun and Jongin the possibility of raising their little baby in the best way possible. They had bought an apartment for them and they were more than willing to help with the raising of the baby once Sehun gave birth so that he could continue his studies.

He felt really thankful to them for doing this but he was an emotional wreck right now. He sensed that Jongin was not taking this life-changing event seriously enough. They hadn’t had a proper conversation in over a month now and he was getting more insecure by the day. All the changes his body was going through were affecting also his thinking and behaviour. Jongin didn’t seem to get that and that frustrated Sehun to no end. Their relationship would never work out if Jongin kept brushing aside the potential conflicts which might arise between them.

Another thing which bothered Sehun was that Jongin had a reputation for fooling around and for being a heart breaker. He wanted Jongin with him all the time because he was concerned he might dump him for someone better-looking or somebody who could act nicer to him. Sehun didn’t feel very nice at the moment because this pregnancy was taking its toll on him. He didn’t want Jongin to experience the worse of his mood-shifting behavior but he was jealous of the freedom Jongin still had and he told him that on more than one occasion. Jongin had tried to appease Sehun the best he could but Sehun didn’t want to be treated like a spoilt little baby.

The only one who could make him feel better was Chanyeol. He wasn’t exactly the best of friends and he had gotten Sehun in trouble on too many times to count, including the one in which Sehun had gotten knocked up by Jongin, but he was also the one to hold his hand when he was feeling sick or to cheer him up when he felt sad. Today he got another visit from Chanyeol and he thought it must have been heaven who sent him because he really needed somebody to comfort him. He changed his mind completely about 15 minutes later when Chanyeol tells him why he wanted to see Sehun even though he has tons of assignments to complete.

“Sehun I think it’s better if you sit down first before I reveal the reason I am here for.”

“Chanyeol you’re starting to scare me with this speech. What is going on? Don’t tell me something bad happened to Jongin!”

“No, no it’s nothing like that! Is just that ever since it became known around the campus that he got you pregnant it seems that his popularity increased tenfold. He has girls jumping at him all day long and I am not sure exactly how to cope with that.”

“Why should you be the one coping up with anything, I’m the one he is supposedly dating and having a kid with, for crying out loud! I can’t believe he is doing this to me! Here I am stuck in this house with nobody to keep me company all because he couldn’t keep his hands off of me while he is out there having fun and maybe even getting laid by some ugly chick who wants to have his babies or something gross like that! He is so dead when he gets home!”

“Hold your horses Sehun! I didn’t say anything about Jongin flirting back or cheating on you! I was only pointing out that if you want him all for youself you need to bring out the big guns to the table!”

Please log in to read the full chapter