The final countdown begins: 7 months left

I knew you were trouble when you walked in...
Please log in to read the full chapter

True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together. ~ Ricardo Montalban

Sehun’s current mood: overly excited

Jongin’s present state of mind: Why me God?! Why me?!

         Sehun’s mood swings were something to be aware of. After the fight they had, Sehun changed his behaviour completely. He had called Chanyeol immediately after and he had apologised for being so insensitive and for not listening to him. Chanyeol had been more than surprised at Sehun’s sudden change of mind but he hadn’t said anything. He supposed it was a pregnancy thing.

Jongin imagined he should be content now because Sehun had become more affectionate and cuddly after their discussion. The only problem was he had become a bit too clingy for Jongin’s tastes. It was really a bad case of kitten acting. As soon as we got home from school, Sehun wouldn’t even let him take of his jacket and backpack. He’d jump on him and tell him all about the things he had done during the day. Jongin loved seeing Sehun so enthusiastic but at the same time he was afraid that if this went on for 6 more months he wouldn’t be able to make it.

After Sehun would finally let him breathe for a second, he had to hurry up and change because he knew Sehun wouldn’t be distracted for long. Then it would be time for dinner. And that again was a survival challenge Jongin need to affront every single day. Sehun’s cooking was more lethal than poison. Jongin tried to eat everything Sehun prepared for him but it was impossible. Still Jongin appreciated the fact that at least now the things that Sehun cooked didn’t look entirely burnt anymore.

In the beginning, everytime Sehun would go into the kitchen Jongin would start praying for a miracle because his stomach was slowly giving up on him. If his stomach could speak up his thoughts he was sure it would tell him something like “I’m not going to make it Jongin. You must go on without me.” In order to be certain that he would get to meet his baby, he developed a strategy. As soon as he finished classes, he would go out with his friends and eat as much as he could so that by the time he got home he was already full. He would tell Sehun that he was feeling sick or that he could eat only a little. Sehun had bought his excuses at first but Jongin could see the look of suspicion on Sehun’s face nowadays. He was not buying it anymore and Jongin need to come up a solution and fast.

He was extremely thankful that Sehun tried so hard to take care of him but he wanted to be the one to do that. He knew for a fact that Sehun was not weak but he was acting more like a mother towards Jongin, rather than his boyfriend. Jongin realized it was time for some extreme measures. He had told Sehun that he wanted for them to share the same bed. Sehun hadn’t wanted to do that when they had moved in because of his throwing up sessions and just because he didn’t want to disturb Jongin who had to go to college or study. But Jongin wished to have Sehun close to him. This way he would be able to protect him and the baby better. So, Sehun had reluctantly agreed.

Jongin’s plan had backfired on him sooner than he would’ve liked. He was almost convinced that this had been Sehun’s idea all along. To make Jongin take the first step. When it was time for sleep Sehun would change into his pink pijama and get into bed. Simple,right? Not really because he wouldn’t bring only himself to bed but also his entire collection of plushies. Jongin desired to cuddle with Sehun and not with his Pinku Pinku or whatever the name of his favorite toy was. This was getting ridiculous but Jongin had only himself to blame.

“Sehunie are you sure you can’t sleep without your army of stuffed toys for one night? I would like to hold you in my arms and not them. Can we please get rid of them?”

Please log in to read the full chapter