Chapter 7 - Home

I Will Forget You

Chapter 7 - Home

            Kyuhyun aimlessly roamed around the hallways of their apartment, re-exploring the walls and inspecting new pictures. There were still tons of himself, but they were all solo pictures. The other members had taken their favorite pictures from the ones he had sent and put them up to pretend they were all still one happy family. He smiled at the thought and continued down the hallways, grazing his fingers against the wall. At the end of the hallway, he stopped and looked back, absorbing the many rooms that opened into each member’s life. Another smile slowly crept up to his face. It was calm and he can still imagine every single event that took place in this hallway. Eunhyuk throwing Donghae out of his room and into his. Heechul stomping down the hallway in his avocado mask, screaming bloody murder because someone had dared to mess with his beauty supplies. Leeteuk knocking lightly to make sure everyone was up and running. Yesung waiting outside of Ryeowook’s room to beg for forgiveness because he had used his new pans. Siwon messing around with Kangin. Sungmin…

            Sungmin leaning against his arms after a wine night. Sungmin singing across the door; he always knew when Kyuhyun was having trouble sleeping. Sungmin slipping love notes underneath the door. Sungmin slamming the door on his face. And him, begging for him not to leave him. Him shutting the door and locking himself in. Him refusing to eat for days on end. Him swallowing the pills. Him emptying the room and shutting the door for the last time, one travel bag in hand and his ticket to America in the other.

            He took in a deep breath and leaned against the wall. He needs to control himself. He needs to accept this. He needs, for himself, to move on. To live happily.

            Because he of all people should know that he deserved it.

            Kyuhyun took a seat on the floor and leaned his head against the wall, trying to control himself. He should have been okay with this. He should have been okay with everything that was going to be thrown at him as soon as he stepped foot inside the dorms. But then again, he didn’t expect to see him here. He didn’t expect to see him standing with a kid around his ankle. He didn’t expect to see him smile that breathtaking smile. And he didn’t expect, for sure, that he would slowly be finding his way to falling in love with the other all over again. He needed to stop it. For all he knew, Sungmin and Sa-Eun were still happily together. He didn’t know the whole story.

            His heart clenched at the thought and Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated at his own weakness. “Why does it still hurt,” he whispered to nobody in particular.

            And there he sat again.

            Feeling as hopeless as that unfortunate day.

 

            “What should I do,” Sungmin wondered as he tried to slip on his apron. The question had a double meaning. Sure he was wondering, yet again, what to cook for his large family. But he couldn’t, for the life of him, stop thinking about Kyuhyun. He took out some leftover ingredients and stuck them to the side of the island. He shook his head. “Stop thinking about him. I already decided to let him go.”

            He took a deep breath and wished desperately for his daughter to be home. However, Donghae and Eunhyuk had decided to take her out to the amusement park. He had asked to tag along except his daughter told him that she was going to have a D&E only day and he wasn’t allowed to come. He had pouted, causing the three to laugh at him and leave him in the dust. He sighed and turned back to the ingredients set before him. He wanted someone to tell him what to do. Or at least give him some advice.

            He started up the stove and decided to go with the flow.

 

            “Kyuhyun, come here,” Yesung greeted as he came through the younger’s bedroom door.

            The maknae looked up from his book, slightly confused. “You’re home early, aren’t you,” he said, but stood up despite it.

            Yesung simply smiled and grabbed the younger’s hand, dragging him out of his room. “Just shut your mouth for a second and follow me,” he muttered, taking him towards the balcony where the rest of the members stood by the glass door, smiling. “I think you’re going to like this. Go ahead and open the door.”

            Kyuhyun hesitated just for a second before walking towards the door and opening it. He stepped out into the open air and let the cold breeze hit him in the face. He looked around, but he didn’t exactly know what he was supposed to be looking at. Despite himself, he looked up at the stars and smile. “This is gorgeous,” he whispered, a slight pang in his chest. He had missed this. He had missed this view so much.

            He sighed a relief and looked back at the members, who were absolutely dumb-struck. It was only a couple of minutes later until they started to laugh at him. Kyuhyun frowned, hating that he was the of the joke. “What’s wrong,” he pouted.

            “Oh Kyuhyun, you’re an idiot,” Yesung muttered as he shook his head. “Stop thinking you always have to look up. For once, take a look down and see how far you’ve come.”

            A million thoughts started to run through Kyuhyun’s head, trying to interpret his hyung’s words. However, he was suddenly distracted by a thunder of voices singing his new song release. He rushed to the edge and quickly looked down and his heart skipped a beat.

            A couple of feet below stood a massive group of fans waving blue lights and fan made posters. Their faces were full of smiles and hope. They were happy that, after about ten years, the whole group was finally back together. The family was back together. Kyuhyun’s decision to go the United States had broken hearts, but they knew he would be back someday. They never once gave up hope and Kyuhyun smiled even wider at the thought. You’ve got to give to the ELFs for being able to wait for so long. They continued to sing as Kyuhyun waved happily. His heart felt warm and, for the first time, he felt as if he was truly at home. Tears started to well up but he stopped them.

           Cho Kyuhyun never cries. Ever.

 

           After watching for a while, he decided to rush down to greet them all. However, when he turned around, he was greeted by his family, who smiled at their youngest brother. They had been hugging each other, singing along with the fans. “We love you Kyu,” Leeteuk whispered, gripping Kangin’s hand tightly.

           It took a moment, but Kyuhyun shook his head and corrected his thoughts.

           He was already home.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: I am so sorry!! Senior year has been killing me and I am so behind on my college essays…woops…but I do have fall break this week. But, yet again, I am busy because I’m having my debut this Saturday ^^

Well, I truly hope you enjoyed this. I’m sorry it was short but I didn’t want to stuff too many things into one chapter. However, please do leave a comment. They push me to write and makes my days : )