Chapter 11 - Up at Night

I Will Forget You

Chapter 11 – Up at Night

            Kyuhyun’s head seemed to be on overdrive the entire night, wondering what could have possibly gotten into the older’s head.  However, a feeling that’s been pushed back into his heart kept whispering to his brain as if it knew already.  He suppressed the feeling and attempted to go to sleep over and over again, but the insomnia caught up to him and he sat up at six in the morning, completely drained.

            He took a deep breath and stood up before letting his pent up emotions get to him. Before he knew it, he had burst through someone’s room, causing said person to suddenly sit up in shock.  Kyuhyun’s eyes widened for a second, realizing what he had done but quickly controlled himself.  “K-Kyuhyun,” Sungmin stuttered, trying his best to clear his still blurred vision.  “What are you doing here?”

            “We need to talk,” he responded before closing the door and taking a seat on the opposite bed.  Sungmin’s daughter had been taken by Donghae as he wasn’t fit to be watching her last night.

            “I’m sorry, could it wait?”

            The younger firmly shook his head.  “It will be quick.”  Sungmin’s eyes focused on him as he took a deep breath.  He had to do this.  He didn’t know why, but he had to.  “I need you to stop it.”
            “Stop what?”

            “Stop getting drunk in front of me.  Stop saying things you don’t mean.  Stop pretending you care.  Stop interacting with me,” he listed off, not taking a single breath in between.  “Just stop trying to make things better.  You’re just confusing me and I don’t need that right now.”

            Sungmin frowned a little.  “I don’t know—“

            “You do know,” Kyuhyun burst out.  “You know exactly what you’re doing and I need you to stop it!  I know it’s been a year and a half, but I still can’t take even looking at your face.  The fact that you’re trying to make things better is not helping my situation.  I don’t need you to make things better.  I just need you to stop so I can take care of myself.  Please.”

            He felt a sudden drop of water on his hand and quickly concluded that he had started to cry.  He wiped the tear away and looked down on the floor.  Sungmin watched, unsure as to what to do.  “I-I think that’s all I have to say.  Thank you for listening.”

            Just as Kyuhyun was about to reach for the door, his hand was pulled back.  All of the sudden, he was in the middle of Sungmin’s embrace.  When he realized what was going on, he tried to pull back, but that only caused Sungmin to tighten his hold.  “Stop it,” Kyuhyun managed to choke out through his tears.  He desperately wanted to pull away.  On any given day, he could have.  He was, after all, significantly taller than him.  But he was too tired.  Too helpless.  So exposed.

            “Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered, causing Kyuhyun to stop his actions momentarily.  “I know that I hurt you, way too much.  I couldn’t possibly expect you to forgive me and I wasn’t trying anything.”  He felt Kyuhyun stiffen as he continued.  “But I guess my subconscious couldn’t control itself.  Or better yet, my heart couldn’t control itself because it knows what it wants.”

            “No,” Kyuhyun whispered, trying his best to pull away again.  “Please don’t say what I think you’re going to say.  Please don’t.  It took me forever to forget.  I can’t have it echo in my head and keep me up at night again.  Please—“

            Kyuhyun’s breath stopped for a second when he felt something soft and wet against his cheeks.  It wasn’t his tears.  Definitely not.  Sungmin smiled against his cheeks and slowly pulled back, Kyuhyun still in his arms.  The younger watched as Sungmin smiled through his tears.  “Then I won’t say it,” he whispered.  “But at least you know deep down what I feel.”  He finally let go and stepped away from the shaking maknae.  “I’ll let you go for now Kyuhyun.”

            With shaking hands, the younger turned around and slowly opened the door.  Before he could step out, he was left with parting words that he knew would keep him up at night.

            “But I definitely won’t give up on you this time, Cho Kyuhyun.”

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Can I just say that I’m super sorry?  Seriously, everything just came rushing to me with my project in Korea…then when I wrote this earlier this year, it deleted itself and I didn’t have time to rewrite it.  Then, earlier this month, it deleted again.  So this is actually the third version and it’s so different from the other two since I put it more in Kyuhyun’s perspective.

Also, I am so sorry that it’s short.  But this chapter needed to be done so that I could progress more in the story.  As for my other fic, I have no excuses.  I will attempt to get a chapter out for that this week.

Thank you!  Comments are always appreciated!