Day 12

Refugee diary

Ok, I wasn’t writing for a long time. But since we are closer to border there’s to many things to handle. And there’s no time for crap. Our ‘enemies’ almost got us once and it was really not pleasant experience. But it resulted in some pretty nice consequences. Namely, Yoseob claims I’m insane. He always seems cheerful but for the first time I heard him laughing so much. The sound of his laugh repaired the atmosphere in the whole camp.

What happened that he was like that?

For the first time I witnessed how he was used to ‘fight’ our persecutors. It was the same day we noticed someone’s following us.

 

We never travel in compact group. To stay under cover we divide ourselves in small groups who has defined tasks.

There are awesome girls who always says that they need only four minutes to lost every chase. There is quite large group of people led by our strongest girl. She calls herself G.Nious. There are also our youngests – the boys and girls that joined Cube in times when everything was just as it should be, when we didn’t hamper. They attached to us so much that they stayed even though we tried hard to convince them to leave. We call them ‘animal pink’. ‘Animal’ for guys who always has too much energy and romp at every step. And pink for girls. Although it’s been a while since they wore as bright colors as pink.

Some says it’s from their skin. I don’t know. I’m not the one who is peeping them. Though I know who does.

Coming back to our people, there are two groups left. First from those two, maybe the most important – our eldests. People who created all that mess. Although they are only boring adults they are quite cool. They help to keep everything going right and besides, they know how to have fun, from time to time.

And at the end, always the lasts one in camp, covering everyone’s back, we are. ‘We’ means beasts. I don’t know why they call us like that. We are quite calm… sometimes. Ok, mostly when we’re asleep. Ok, with one exception but about that exception later.

Ok, (to start with ‘ok’ third time in a row, who cares?) so we’ve noticed some suspicious guys, keeping close to us, following our path for quite a long time. Gladly they didn’t notice that we’ve noticed that they might be after us.

Dujun sent me with Yoseob to ‘knock them down’. Seriously, I never ever imagined something like that.

There was two of them. Our ‘secret weapon’ just came up and asked about something. They quickly acknowledged who we are. But it was too late.

I don’t know why but they answered question. Later Yoseob asked another one, they answered again, he replied something. And they said everything. That they are alone but there are others near, that they have to report every hour where we moved. They talked about their families, their dreams and their fears. Yoseob was asking and they were answering like hypnotized. But he didn’t do anything like that to them. It were just words and just Yoseob with whom I share my mattress for some time now.

At the end they apologized to us and went away with assurance that they try to confuse pursuers. Yoseob walked them with his eyes with faint smile on his face. Then he took my hand and we headed back to the rest.

I though that everything went smooth and we can just relax. Until Dujun warned me before the night. Yeah, I understood what that could mean, and unfortunately I wasn’t mistaken.

It was the strongest attack he has had since I’m with him. He was screaming and crying. And for the first time he tried to push me away instead of pulling closer.

It was the hardest.

In the morning as always he didn’t say a word but stayed with me longer. I noticed when he woke up but he didn’t move at all. Just laid there until I started to wriggle, pretending I’m waking up.

I had to do something for him.

Few hours later, after some reconnaissance I was dragging him far from everyone. We had beautiful half a day ahead of us to have fun.

‘Junhyung, you can’t throw me to that water, I can’t swim!’ He begged me terrified and I thought it was funny as hell… yes, I still think it was funny. I took off my shirt and proposed for him to do the same. Refused. ‘Okaaay, you’ll be going back in wet clothes.’ I took his hand, he was trying to break free. ‘I command you!’ ekhm…you? me? ‘I’ll tell Dujunnie that you are torturing me!’ Just look how that scared me…

I pulled him closer to not so high cliff. ‘Junhyung, we will die! What if piranhas… ‘ And we flew.

I didn’t even noticed when his hands embraced me tightly.

 

‘Ya, Yoseob… you were so scared.’ Heh, he’s looking at me sticking his tongue out. ‘Don’t keep it too long outside because it will dry and you won’t be able to speak.’ And he’s smiling again. I think I lo I mean… never mind. I wonder if he knows that I’m writing about him right now.

 

Anyway, before we fell I took deep breath. We immersed deeply in the water. All muscles in his body tensed and he shut his mouth and eyes.

I think he liked it when I gave him that air of mine… At least he released his grip a little bit so I was able to swim on the surface.

‘It was too sudden bastard.’ I don’t care which of the things that I’ve done he had in mind speaking those words. I just tore away his hands from me and holding his wrists put him into infinite depths of the water. At least he looked as if it was something like that. But speaking the truth it was one of smallest lakes I’ve seen.

‘You want to kill me right? So you can finally be free.’ I let go of his hands.

‘I’m free, stupid.’ I cleared pulling him closer to me. Besides if he was that scared why he didn’t make me to do what he want? For the moment I really wanted to feel on my own skin what he was doing to others. ‘You know I can’t.’ I gave him my permission, he only shook his head. ‘It’s not like that I don’t want to. I just can’t. It doesn’t work on you. I thought Dujun told you.’ He looked at me with this strange eyes of his. Yeah, he told me maaaaaaaany things last time but not that I was immune? For Yoseob!?

That was unexpected, but of course I tried not to show. I’m cool like that.

When he finally believed he is safe with me we had some quite serious fun. We’ve jumped many times, dived, let’s say, exchanged air underwater and others...

Maybe water is anything like the night but… What happens under water, stays under water.

 

Now the sun is long gone, Yoseob is long? dry. No, he can’t be long, he is still shorty.

What I was going to say…? Ah, I was trying to remember what Dujun told me about Yoseob’s abilities. Something about fear and happiness. ! I guess we drank too much soju then.  

 

Anyway, I think I must come back to bed. I’m wondering what will be his dreams today… Since the border is so close we can almost smell it, we need strength, and it would be better to sleep throughout the whole night.

 

Maybe next time I will write from better world? Who knows?