F I V E

Don't Change, Please. (Jungkook Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mari’s POV 

I dressed casually, like usual. Graphic tee, sweats, and my converse. 

 

Flashback

“HE’S GOING TO PROPOSE YOU CLUELESS DUMMY!” she screamed

 

HE’S NOT, HE’S NOT, HE’S NOT, I screamed mentally. I walked towards the bench we always sit.. and he was there already. “Ok Mari, don’t panic” I breathed deeply. I walked towards him as he looked my way, smiling. “Hey, why are we meeting here?” I asked as I sat down next to him. “Here” he gave me a box. “What’s this?” I asked confusedly. “Open it” He smiled. I opened the red shoe box and saw.. the sneakers. 

 

Flashback

 “What is it?” said Jungkook beside me. “Ah nothing, the shoes are so pretty” I sighed.

 

“Y-You didn’t.. you didn’t have to” I said out of words to say. “This is my parting gift” he said. “Why are you saying it like we’re not going to see each other anymore?” I said a bit angrily. “I’m not, it’s just that.. I want you to remember me through those pair of sneakers” he said softly. “Yah, you make me feel really guilty for not buying you anything” I whined. “You don’t have to buy anything for me” he smiled. “You don’t have to buy anything for me too” I repeated, emphasising the ‘you’. “Well, thank you anyways” I hugged him. “There’s more” he smiled proudly. There’s more?. “Lift up the shoes” he said, and so I did. There was a CD, our childhood pictures, and more pieces of our memories together. “What’s this?” i asked holding the mixtape. I opened the cover and it said “For when you’re sad”. “I know I never catch you when you’re sad, you seem like you’re always happy all the time. But I hope this helps whenever you’re in that mood” he said. I didn’t know what to say. 

I looked at my left arm, and I took my lucky bracelet. “Here” I said, wrapping around the string on his wrist. “I know it’s not much but.. it’s a piece of me you’re holding” I said as I tied it. 

 

Jungkook’s POV 

Maybe.. maybe I should tell her how i feel. Mari.. I love you? is that right? is it to forward? Mari, all this years.. no, that’s not right. “Why are you so quiet?” she laughed. “Mari..” I spoke. “Yes?” she answered. “I.. I.. “ I can’t do this. “I’m going to miss you”  I blurted. “I’m going to miss you more, you talkative bunny” she smiled. 

 

Mari’s POV 

Through the night, we spent just looking at the stars, even though it’s our last night together. 

 

The next day, I saw a black van pulling up to the driveway. I guess it must be for him. I walked outside and met him for the last time. “Jungkook, I hope you’re going to do well, and don’t forget to text and cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter