O N E

Don't Change, Please. (Jungkook Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mari’s POV

“YAAAAAAAAAAH” a voice burst through my room. “What the—“ I jolted and saw a familiar figure next to my bed. “Shut up, you’re ruining a really perfect time” I said covering my ears with my pillow. “It’s time for school you lazy bum” he said jumping on the bed jumping. “AAAAAH MOM, JUNGKOOK IS ANNOYING ME!” I shouted. “I asked him to wake you up honey” she shouted back from the living room. “What are you going to do about it? your mom loves me” he teased. “Ah fine! just stop jumping, I’ll get ready” I said finally waking up. “That’s my girl” he put me in a headlock and ruffled my hair. Every weekdays.. I have to wake up to his annoying voice. After I took a shower and wore my school uniform, I’m ready to hit out the door. “Let’s go” I told him. He stood up from the sofa and took his bag. “Mom, dad, we’re leaving!” I shouted. “Eat breakfast honey!” she shouted from the laundry room. “I got no time, byeee” I walked out the door. “Yah! kid, eat your breakfast first” Jungkook tugged my hoodie, restricting me to walk. “I’m not hungry” I glared at him. “I don’t care, eat” he said shoving the sandwich in my mouth. “Yah, you stupid jerk!” I mumbled from my sandwich. “What did you say? you said I’m really cool? alright then” He teased. “Yah!” I hit his arm. “We’ll be going now Mrs. B” he said grabbing my hand and out the door. Whilst walking to school, I was forced to finish my sandwich. “There, finished. Happy now?” I said. “Yup” he smiled. 

 

Here’s the thing about school. I only hang out with a few people, that is Jungkook and Yerin. It seems that they’re the only ones who could tolerate me, the other girls in my grade are too busy flirting with other boys, talking trash about each other behind their backs, and not to mention they’re so vein. However, Yerin is different than the rest, she’s pretty, smart, and my best friend. Jungkook on the other hand, he’s actually one of the popular kid, he sing and dances really well, and he plays all of the sports there is. Despite the amount of people wanting to hang out with him, he always have time for me, nope, he’s always there for me. 

 

“MARIII” said Yerin from afar. “Hey!” I greeted back. The three of us went to class and as expected, group of boys and girls surrounded Jungkook. Yerin and I made our way to our tables. “This kid is so popular” I said. “I mean, he’s not bad looking and he can do everything well” she replied. “What is it like to be popular?” I asked her. “I don’t know, I was never popular” she shrugged. 

 

- lunch time - 

 

I walked to the cafeteria and lined up to get food. As the line went up, I heard girls whispering behind me. “What does he see in her? just look at her, her hair is messy, her shoes are ugly, there’s so many things wrong with her. Is he blind or something?” said the girl. I usually don’t care about what people say to me.. but her words stung a bit. I looked down at my shoes and they we’re pretty beaten. I love my sneakers, I used them everyday. Maybe I should get new ones, or maybe a girly one. I took my food and sat down at an empty table. Yerin couldn’t come, she had to finish her science project. I sat there alone and pondered, should I change my hair too? “BOO!” shouted Jungkook behind me. “YAH! stop it!” I shouted back and people stared at us. at me. “I’m so hungry” he said and began to dig in. I stared at my food, losing my appetite. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked. “Can I ask you something?” I asked. “Mmm what is it?” He said focused on eating. “Am.. am I weird?” I asked hesitatingly. “What? weird? we’ll you’re unique and interesting that’s for sure” he said. “Is that a bad thing?” I asked again. “Why are you asking me these questions?” he asked worriedly. “Nothing, I just want to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter